+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3503486;
    Please don't let this be true, I have heard rumours that Danny Gokey might be joining the cast. If so won't be watching while he's on. Ugh.
    I read that, too, though I guess I'd have to see other sources. If he's on the Idols tour, and still under contract with Fox, would they even let him go on a rival network? It seems like it would conflict with the schedule and be hard to pull off rehearsing two dances for the first week of the show and having to do a tour on top of it. They usually start rehearsing about a month in advance of the premiere, which would be mid August. I didn't watch Idol all the way through last season, but I remember him from the audition round. The article I read said he was doing this to honor his wife and raise awareness for the charity in her name. Not that I don't sympathize or think that's noble, but I hate hearing back stories. I don't want every week to be getting a sob fest. If they were going to have an Idol on, I'd rather it not be one from the recent season. Their popularity would be too high, and throw in a back story like that, and they're likely a lock for the finals. CA mentioned she wanted Adam Lambert on, and he said he'd consider (but who knows if he really meant it). The producers mentioned that they didn't really want to use reality show participants, as they'd rather stick to actual celebs (as D-list and unknown as they may be). I guess Holly, Melissa, Kim, and Trista were the exceptions. But I don't know if, in their eyes, an AI participant qualifies as a reality star.

His choreography was AMAZING by the way, especially the samba (he did two routines on Wed. night, a foxtrot and a samba). I could seriously watch the samba a million times and not get tired of it. Of course, it helps that it was performed by my current favorites on that show, but it was still amazing choregraphy.
    I really miss Louis on DWTS. He choreographed a few numbers last season, and it was nice seeing old school ballroom vs a flashy production number like they've been having. I went and Youtubed his work on SYTYCD; I'm glad he's gotten such a positive reception for it. He choreographed the first tours of DWTS, but Maks choreographed the last one, and considering he hasn't been on since season 6 (and prior to that season 3), his contract might be done and they may not bring him back. Plus, if it's true he had a falling out with CA, then I'm more inclined to believe he's done. Season 6 might have just been to finish up his contract. I'll be curious if Jonathan returns next season, and if not, who will take his place. I think the other 5 male pros are locks to return. I just hope they're done bringing dancers over from other shows.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3503486;
    Please don't let this be true, I have heard rumours that Danny Gokey might be joining the cast. If so won't be watching while he's on. Ugh.
    I just heard of this nasty, nasty rumor today. I can't imagine this specimen on DWTS after having seen and heard him on AI. On the other hand, perhaps if he's dancing he won't be singing so there's the relative bright side...
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I don't think I can post the link, but in a recent interview Danny was asked whether or not he was going to be on the show. Danny said it was news to him, but his first priority is concentrating on his music. He said he wouldn't rule it out in the future if it meant bringing attention to his music and foundation.

Despite what he says, I still wouldn't rule him out. However, I am skeptical if he'd be able to do it. He could technically pull it off while on the Idols tour, though that would really take a lot out of him and has partner, training for the show and doing the concerts. And would Fox allow him to appear on a rival network, especially when they have their dance show airing in the fall as well? That's the only reason I'd say this is complete BS. It's been put out there a few Idols want to do it or were asked if they'd be interested. So his name might have gotten lumped in or he might have said yeah, it'd fun, and next thing you know they're saying he's going to be an actual contestant. They're are past Idol contestants I'd like to see, but I'd rather see some that have gone on to somewhat accomplish something.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3509462;
    I just heard of this nasty, nasty rumor today. I can't imagine this specimen on DWTS after having seen and heard him on AI. On the other hand, perhaps if he's dancing he won't be singing so there's the relative bright side...
    I wouldn't call this a nasty rumor at all. I think it would be a great idea. There are certainly worse people they could ask like Cloris or the disgusting Apple guy they had on this last season. I would LOVE to see Danny on the show. However, I doubt it would happen for the reasons Karalott stated.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Danny has about as much "rhythm" as the rodeo rider did. Not good!!!
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

With the official cast set to be released sometime mid August, I'm betting more rumors/unofficial but close enough announcements will be around next month. A couple of other names have popped up in the last few days, actress Debi Mazar (I only know her from the movie Beethoven and being Madonna's BFF at some point if she's not anymore), and Lou Ferrinago (mentioned it in interviews). Vera Wang's been unofficially confirmed by E!. Donny Osmond has again made it seem like he'll be appearing next season. Deborah Gibson, Brooke Hogan, Emily Blunt, and those people from The Bachelor (Andrew Firestone and the other one ?), and someone from the Real Housewives show have all said they'd love to do it. Can't remember which housewive, as I've never watched that show. Three AI8 finalists, Adam, Danny, and Scott have been rumored or in Scott's case said they'd like to do it. I'd rule all of 3 of them out for the obvious. Then there's the 3 ladies on the injured list, Misty, Nancy, and Jewel (though at the end of last season Jewel said she might re-consider after seeing all the work Ty had to put in). Conrad Green said that they'd never consider reality stars, as they want someone who's an actual star (D-lister or not), and not someone who's just famous for being a "real" person with a reality show. He said Melissa was the exception since they needed someone last minute. Which I guess should make be happy that Heidi/Spencer would never be considered.

Personally, I hope the majority of casting rumors turn out to be false. Obviously the ones who say they want to be on it don't mean anything, as a lot of celebs say they'd like to do it. The only name so far I'm excited about is Vera Wang, because she'd be something different for the show. Everyone else, eh.
    Last edited by karalott; 07-01-2009 at 03:13 AM.

I have two words........RICHARD SIMMONS!!!!!
    I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by diva211;3549393;
    How did you get this info? Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by diva211;3549393;
    OMG I hope not. He is too much of a sissy. Would he dance with a man or woman? I think RS is a good person, but please, no DWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by dwtsaddict;3550471;
    How did you get this info? Just asking.

I don't have it.....he's on my wish list. I think he would be FABULOUS!!!! He's energetic, no stranger to choreography or sequins. Hey, if Cloris could do it....so can Richard!
    I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

+ Reply to Thread