+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Re: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

I would venture to say she's in the mid 5' range, as there was a picture of her and Rachel Weisz and Vera is a good 3-4" shorter. There was also a picture of her and Elizabeth Banks and they were about the same height (both were wearing heels). I think she's a little too tall for Louis (if he were to come back).
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Louis I think is 5'8", because he once mentioned he wasn't coming back for a season because none of the women were below 5'7". Since Vera seems like a staple Tony partner I wonder if he'll get paired up with her. Tony seems to go from having a young, able bodied partner, to an older woman, and then of course he had a scared, stiff, country singer and Marissa. Since Derek and Mark are on the shorter side, I wondered if she could be a potential partner for them. I don't know if they'd have an issue with the age, though they never have a problem pairing the older men with the younger females. I would love to see Louis back, along with Fabian and Alec, though I'm doubtful it'll happen I don't see any of the current male pros going anywhere, and the only one who might get booted is Jonathan. I guess in a way I wouldn't mind some pros taking time off if it meant old DWTS pros coming back. I was thinking about Anna T. the other night, and how much I'd love to see her return in favor of the new Anna, but again, I think it's doubtful any of the female pros are going anywhere. And I see Louis is choreographing for SYTYCD, so I wonder if there's a contract conflict if he did DWTS

Another name being mentioned out there, an other Olympic gymnast, Dominique Moceanu, one of the Magnificent Seven from the 1996 games. I can't wait for more spoilers to come out, most of the ones I've heard I doubt (or truly hope don't happen) so I love seeing those like Vera's that seem a little more concrete.

Yeah I don't think Louis is going to do DWTS, because he's doing the other dance show now. I think he would be a good pro to have on the show, however. The sad thing is that I too don't see any of the current pros going anywhere-especially now that they are bringing in people from SYTYCD. I could, though, see Karina and Maks taking the winter season off though. At that point, I say bring back Alec, Anna, or bring in Genya.

As for another Olympic gymnast, while Dominique was part of that great Atlanta team, I think they'd be best saving her for another season. At least she would be more mature than Shawn. I hope there are no AI people on there, to be quite honest, however. And if we get a wrestler, I would prefer to see one like Mike Mizanin (yes, the Miz).
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3490320;
    I sure hope Chelsie Hightower is back. S8 was her first on DWTS and I think we will all agree that she did a bang up job with Ty. I think Chelsie is just adorable. Does anyone know if she is a southern girl? She sure sounds like it.

I'm glad to hear that Cheryl and Tony will be back. You know, I never really noticed Tony until this past season with Melissa. I mean, I knew he was there, but he just didn't stand out to me until S8. I would love to see Tony win DWTS, hopefully next season. I wanted him to win S8 and I truly believe that was his best chance. Please, no more teenagers on the show who has a fan base of a bunch of teens who have nothing better to do than spend their lives texting votes.
    I think a lot of people noticed Tony for the first time this year. I know I did and so did my friends. Tony even said himself that he didn't realize how big his fanbase was until this year. I wonder if that will change next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3491516;
    She's from Utah, possibly South Salt Lake City.
    She sure talks more like a southern belle than a sweet little gal from Utah. I would never have guessed that. I love her cute personality.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3491580;
    I really just want one of the veterans to win, which is why I'd be 100% against a Donny/Lacey pairing. That's not to say they'd win, or that Donny wouldn't completely alienate by being hammy, or that their freestyle wouldn't tank (sorry, I thought Lacey/Lance's freestyle left a lot to be desired and I'm not convinced Donny could pull off a sensible one without completely going OTT or worse, making his sister's doll dance look good ) But next season, I want Tony, Maks, Edyta, Karina, or Kym to finally win. I hope Derek and Mark are gone early and get really difficult partners. They lucked out with Lil Kim and Shawn because they were the only ones that could match their height. But I can't say I was overly impressed with Shawn's dancing. I like Chelsie and Dmitry, but again, I want one of the long time vets to win, and not have it be Cheryl, Derek, or Mark.

Some other names that are floating around out there to be on the show or who are interested: former AI8 finalists Danny Goeky, Adam Lambert, and Scott McIntyre. CA said she would love to have Adam do the show and he said he'd consider. Since they're on tour all summer I doubt it'd be this season. Dr. Phil, Dr. Laura, Dina Lohan, and Naomi Campbell (who did the Italian version of DWTS) are names floating around out there to be on next season.
    ITA with your post. I also would love to see one of the ole pros win who have paid their dues with DWTS, but who has not won yet. I really like Tony and I'm glad he got the spotlight shone on him this season so people could get to know him. I really kind of liked Maks this season. I always thought he was too abrasive for my taste, but maybe Karina has tamed him (a little).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3496972;
    ITA with your post. I also would love to see one of the ole pros win who have paid their dues with DWTS, but who has not won yet. I really like Tony and I'm glad he got the spotlight shone on him this season so people could get to know him. I really kind of liked Maks this season. I always thought he was too abrasive for my taste, but maybe Karina has tamed him (a little).
    I think Karina is the one who's changed since they got engaged. But you have a point, both seem to be lost in the clouds. Of course if I were engaged to Maks, that's were my mind would be, too (I don't know whose wouldn't ) I was really happy for Tony this season. This is the happiest I've seen him in so long, and for what he went through with losing a partner to an injury to almost losing another due to another injury (and in the end getting socked in the eye to put himself on the injury list ), I hope they don't stick him with a clunker. For the partners he's had he's done well, placement wise, but the only ones he stood a chance winning with were Stacy and Melissa. I realize it should be more about the star than the pro anyway, but I imagine it must be frustrating for some of the long time pros to constantly see the newbies get good partners and of course, Cheryl just luck out. How she does it Karina said she'd like to know. That's why if Donny Osmond gets cast I don't want to see him paired with Lacey, because I think he'd be a lock for the final 3. If his sister did it, and with how popular he is, I can't imagine him finishing any lower. Since they've had 3 female winners in a row, and now have 4 male and female winners each, the conspiracy theorist in me wonders if next season they might try and shoot for a guy to win. I may be the only one in favor of this, but I wouldn't mind seeing them have 14 couples, just because I'd love to see 7 male and 7 female pros and stars. I don't know why they have always had more male stars in the seasons with the odd numbered couples than female stars.
    Last edited by karalott; 06-12-2009 at 02:27 AM.

FORT Fogey

I want Luis back with a kick-a** partner!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3494772;
    Louis I think is 5'8", because he once mentioned he wasn't coming back for a season because none of the women were below 5'7". Since Vera seems like a staple Tony partner I wonder if he'll get paired up with her. Tony seems to go from having a young, able bodied partner, to an older woman, and then of course he had a scared, stiff, country singer and Marissa. Since Derek and Mark are on the shorter side, I wondered if she could be a potential partner for them. I don't know if they'd have an issue with the age, though they never have a problem pairing the older men with the younger females. I would love to see Louis back, along with Fabian and Alec, though I'm doubtful it'll happen I don't see any of the current male pros going anywhere, and the only one who might get booted is Jonathan. I guess in a way I wouldn't mind some pros taking time off if it meant old DWTS pros coming back. I was thinking about Anna T. the other night, and how much I'd love to see her return in favor of the new Anna, but again, I think it's doubtful any of the female pros are going anywhere. And I see Louis is choreographing for SYTYCD, so I wonder if there's a contract conflict if he did DWTS

Another name being mentioned out there, an other Olympic gymnast, Dominique Moceanu, one of the Magnificent Seven from the 1996 games. I can't wait for more spoilers to come out, most of the ones I've heard I doubt (or truly hope don't happen) so I love seeing those like Vera's that seem a little more concrete.
    His choreography was AMAZING by the way, especially the samba (he did two routines on Wed. night, a foxtrot and a samba). I could seriously watch the samba a million times and not get tired of it. Of course, it helps that it was performed by my current favorites on that show, but it was still amazing choregraphy.

But anyway, with that said, I'd like to see him back on DwtS also. He has been one of my favorite male pros on this show, so it was a shame to see him go. More celebrities would be nice because it would give him (and other past favorites, like Anna T.) a better chance to come back.

But yeah, I don't know about the contractual obligations. There was this guy named Shane Sparks who was a prominent judge/choreographer on SYTYCD, but after he became a judge on MTV's America's Best Dance Crew, he was almost never used, which was probably because of some contract he signed.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Premium Member

Please don't let this be true, I have heard rumours that Danny Gokey might be joining the cast. If so won't be watching while he's on. Ugh.

+ Reply to Thread