+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Kenny definitely brought the funny. Who cares if he couldn't dance, his personality was enough to want to see him every week. Everyone on the show thought it was a crock he went before Master P. I wish they'd do DC every week during the results show. Heck, let him have Samantha's job.

Some other names to add to the speculation list: Kathy Sledge (of Sister Sledge fame) and Donny Osmond. Donny has been bringing his name up as being interested, then not, then saying he's going to be on, then saying he's game the next season, since Marie made her dancing debut. I don't mind Donny but one Osmond was enough for me. Since the show is even now in terms of male/female winners, and the last 3 winners have been female, I fear the show may be going for a male winner next year and Donny might be it. Oh well, as long as it's Edyta or Kym that gets him, I wouldn't mind if he wins. There's also rumors about casting ladies from The Real Housewives series. Of all the names mentioned so far, I hope none of them are true. I know last season was a pleasant surprise despite not being crazy about the cast pre-show, but if these people wind up being the majority, I think it'll be a train wreck. I just hope Derek, Cheryl, and Mark (and FWIW, it's been rumored on the ABC boards his girlfriend wants to join the cast) get clunkers and early exits next season, and some of the other vets that have paid their dues go all the way. I'd like to see all fresh faces in the finals and semi finals next time.
    Last edited by karalott; 06-02-2009 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3474644;
    Another one that wants to do the show. I've never heard of this girl, and am not too sure I like her by this interview. Actress Rita Wilson said she'd love to do the show, and it was mentioned in another thread Debbie Gibson wants to do the show as well but claims ABC won't let her because she did the "Skating With Celebrities" on Fox.

SportingNews.com - The Sporting Blog
    As nilesgirl already posted, Rita Wilson is married to Tom Hanks and has been for 21 years. To give you a frame of reference, if you have seen "Sleepless in Seattle", she played his sister that Meg Ryan's character mistook for his girlfriend. She is also a producer and has been in several movies as well as playing Roxie Hart in "Chicago" on Broadway.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I should have clarified that Erin Andrews was the one I had never heard of. I know who Rita Wilson is, though I tend to think of her as Mrs. Tom Hanks more than anything. One of my favorite movies when I was younger was "Now and Then" and she played the older version of one of the younger characters in the movie. That's probably the one and only thing I can think of her being in off the top of my head.

I really wouldn't mind Donny Osmond like some people would. I don't think he'd be near the bad dancer that Marie was and should he make it to the finals would probably come up with something to give the Osmonds a better DWTS legacy than the doll dance. One Osmond was enough for me, but its been 3 going on 4 seasons, and I don't think Donny would be met with the same controversy Marie had. Looking back, Marie wasn't so bad and I'd take her over others that came after her anyday. He's really such a loveable, down to earth, likeable guy its hard to imagine anything else. I think he'd give his partner the dedication and respect she deserves. But if he's cast, I still hope Edyta or Kym gets him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3482965;
    I should have clarified that Erin Andrews was the one I had never heard of.

Although already pretty much answered, she is an ESPN reporter... which would make perfect sense given the ESPN-ABC connection. I wouldn't be surprised to see her, but I wouldn't be overly ecstatic either...

One of my wishes (of many) for season 9 would to hopefully have the celebs on a somewhat level playing field. Don't get me wrong, Woz, Billy Ray, Jerry, and Ty were all entertaining to watch and loveable in their own way, and I much preferred them to some of the better dancers of their seasons. But all they have to rely on, at least the first 3, are more gimmicks than dancing. Ty was an exception, he seemed to somewhat improve, and had a different focus. But would what a DWTS season be if they didn't have two left footed hoofers that wore pink boas, did a failed worm, made up their own dance moves, and fell during a paso and couldn't get up.

If DWTS starts in September, then the cast would be announced in August, so probably next month is when a lot of the cast spoilers will start coming up. I was trying to think back to last season; the day of the reveal the list was leaked, and I don't really know if any rumors turned out to be accurate. I think Chuck Wicks was the only one. So far, Kurt Angle, Emily Blunt, Brooke Hogan, Suge Knight, Donny Osmond and Erin Andrews are either in alleged negotiations or have put their hat into the ring and probably would go through with it if asked. Then there's Nancy, Jewel, Misty, and the likes of Jessica Simpson and Rita Wilson who said they'd do it but probably wouldn't.
    Last edited by karalott; 06-05-2009 at 03:28 AM.

I think you can cross off Emily Blunt--she's one of two or three of the hottest young actresses around right now--has at least four movies in the hopper to do. Jessica Simpson is filming a new reality series--and besides, she'd do well to remember the steps to the Hokey Pokey, much less a Paso Doble.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3486168;
    I think you can cross off Emily Blunt--she's one of two or three of the hottest young actresses around right now--has at least four movies in the hopper to do. Jessica Simpson is filming a new reality series--and besides, she'd do well to remember the steps to the Hokey Pokey, much less a Paso Doble.
    HP has far too many directions...arms, legs, in, out, round...I'd go for the twist but even left/right may be too much!

Hmm, well you might have a point there Maybe they could try it for her freestyle. It would certainly be...different. But some of these pros couldn't freestyle their way out of a paper bag, so maybe they should try it.

I know there's been comments about people like Heidi Klum (who I'm not mentioning be cast this season, since she's due to have a baby), Jessica Simpson, Rita Wilson, and Emily Blunt being too A-list to ever be cast on a show like this, but they're the ones who've come out and said they want to do it. Heidi even mentioned she was surprised they never approached her for it. Unless their agents tell them it's career suicide for someone that still has something going for them in Hollywood (you hear that Lou Diamond Philips?) to appear on a show with has beens, barely never was, and reality stars and forbid them Either way, I'm somewhat content with the caliber of "stars" they get.

As for Jessica Simpson, I don't really follow her career anymore so I don't know what her star status is or how popular she'd be. I thought Denise Richards would fare better, even with the bad dancing and reputation, than she did.

The actual article is much longer, but here's a point of interest regarding Donny wanting to do the show and having Lacey as her partner. Lacey mentioned she's 5'3" without heels, but would Donny be too tall for her? Isn't her 6'.

"Lacey Schwimmer on new boyfriend, Donny Osmond, Lance Bass and Steve-0" by Robin Leach: Luxe Life | Vegas Deluxe

“My brother is very good friends with Donny Osmond. I know he wants to do the show. He’s requested me to be his other half! I love Vegas, so I would have to come back here every week for the lessons, the practice and the rehearsals with him. It would be fun to be partnered with him. It’s perfect! Let’s make it happen!”
    I kind of hope this doesn't happen. Only because I know Donny is likely to get very far, and I'm not a fan of Lacey to want to see her last so long. Not only that, but what I've seen from her brother on this show in the two performances he's done is enough for me, and I don't want to see him anymore helping his sister and friend. I'm not really sure if I like potential celebs openly stating they want a certain partner; I can understand them liking certain pros more than the others, but to request Derek, Mark, Maks, or Cheryl simply because they have such a great track record and a popular fan base on their own to boot. Not that it always helps. I know people have specifically requested Derek and Maks, but I don't know about the others. What if Donny got paired with someone else, would that make tension between them because he didn't get who he wanted?
    Last edited by karalott; 06-07-2009 at 08:45 PM.

I say lets just get the grown kids of the Brady Bunch and the grown kids from The Patridge Family and let them go head to head...lol..

j/k folks
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread