+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

FORT Fogey

Re: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

I wrote it in the other thread, but the information pertains more here. On my husband and son's wrestling site there was a thread about Kurt Angle being asked to be on the next season of DWTS. He is an Olympic gold medalist in wrestling so he fits what they pick. However, this guy comes off as a major jerk so I hope it is not a reality.

I'm sorry, I dunno if I would want to see Kurt Angle. I was a wrestling fan, yes. But I've heard also that he comes off like a total jerk. He would have an advantage being that he did win the gold medal though-I don't think there are many wrestlers they could bring on the show that could get a lot of the mainstream vote. Stacy was well known for the men's magazines and she was trying to cross over anyways.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3468974;
    I wrote it in the other thread, but the information pertains more here. On my husband and son's wrestling site there was a thread about Kurt Angle being asked to be on the next season of DWTS. He is an Olympic gold medalist in wrestling so he fits what they pick. However, this guy comes off as a major jerk so I hope it is not a reality.
    He'll likely end up with Kym, Edyta, or the new pro, Anna (assuming they match on height). But I hope Cheryl gets him. Nothing against Cheryl, but I'd like to see her take an early exit for a change and have a partner that really challenges her. I think the only partner she ever really butted heads with was Ian. Of course for all I know they could get along great.

At one point, I remember Mike Tyson and the Rev. Al Sharpton claiming they were approached to do the show. Considering who I'm talking about I'll take it with a grain of salt, but hopefully TPTB know better.

Another one that wants to do the show. I've never heard of this girl, and am not too sure I like her by this interview. Actress Rita Wilson said she'd love to do the show, and it was mentioned in another thread Debbie Gibson wants to do the show as well but claims ABC won't let her because she did the "Skating With Celebrities" on Fox.

SportingNews.com - The Sporting Blog

As her fame has boomed, Erin Andrews has declined certain requests because they would detract from her standing as a working journalist. Dancing With the Stars, though, would not be one of those requests.
    "I want to do it, because I think I'd be good at it," Andrews said yesterday, over a lunch of a hamburger and chicken noodle soup in downtown D.C. (I had iced tea. Too many freebie cookies from the Scripps National Spelling Bee.)

"I want to do it very badly," she continued. "That's the big push."

She joked with DWTS host Tom Bergeron about earning a spot last year during the Spelling Bee telecast, which Bergeron hosts. She said she would ask again this year; ABC is broadcasting the Bee finals tonight, with sideline reporting from Andrews.

"I love the show, and I've grown up around dancing," said Andrews, who, of course, was on the Dazzlers dance team when at Florida. "People say, 'Oh, you're a dancer, how could you do it?' But I've never taken ballroom, I've never partnered dance with anyone. I think I'd be in the top, unless I fall. I'm a big faller. If you fall, that's a hard fall, which I'm sure would make the Internet very happy."

Well, maybe one or two blogs would post something about Erin Andrews falling during an episode of Dancing With the Stars, I guess. Possibly. Depending on what else was happening that day. And so, Mr. Bergeron? Your move.

"Using my vast influence with the show, she's got about a 30 percent chance," said Bergeron, who added that Andrews's dancing history wouldn't be a problem as long as she's never done ballroom. "I know she'd be competitive. Look at her. Look at that ferocious, competitive face. She can actually be borderline violent." (He was joking.)

"And I think I need to represent," Andrews told me. "I love Kenny Mayne very much, he's a friend of mine, but I need to help ESPN's name on Dancing With the Stars. He did nothing for us on that show."

She's said this to others in recent days, but she was really, 100 percent serious. So there, that's out there. She couldn't do the fall season, of course, due to her work responsibilities, but she could make her schedule fit with the spring season. I can't imagine a scenario in which ABC and sports bloggers don't all benefit from this, so make it happen, producer people.

"I would love it love it love it," Andrews said. "I want to be like, 'Who do I call?' Let's do this."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3466994;
    Here's a link that talked briefly about the DWTS finale, as well as a few other shows. One thing mentioned about next season's training hours by the producer:

'American Idol' and 4 more must-see season finales -- Newsday.com

I can't imagine any way that the producers could enforce that "Rule." The couples could practice at the celebrity's home for example. Are they going to spy on them?

And what kind of "punishment" would they give if someone practiced "too long"?

IMO this is just a sop thrown to people who are criticizing the show over the large number of injuries this year.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3475503;
    I can't imagine any way that the producers could enforce that "Rule." The couples could practice at the celebrity's home for example. Are they going to spy on them?

And what kind of "punishment" would they give if someone practiced "too long"?

IMO this is just a sop thrown to people who are criticizing the show over the large number of injuries this year.
    It's in their contract that technically they aren't allowed to be practicing without the cameras around. So that's a way they can prevent them, because they can cut the cameras and kick them out of the studio. But it doesn't mean they don't, and I'm sure they have. I don't see how the producers can stop them for hanging out after the show, and if they go back to someone's residence of course they're probably going to practice. It's not like the producers would ever really know.

Rita Wilson is Tom Hanks' wife.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3474644;
    Another one that wants to do the show. I've never heard of this girl, and am not too sure I like her by this interview.
    She's probably the best-known female sportscaster in the country (besides maybe Linda Cohn) and a household name among sports fans. I think it would attract a different audience who have never tuned into the show before.

Quote Originally Posted by superfly;3478072;
    She's probably the best-known female sportscaster in the country (besides maybe Linda Cohn) and a household name among sports fans. I think it would attract a different audience who have never tuned into the show before.
    While I'm a sports fan, I don't really pay attention to sports broadcasts or broadcasters, which explains why I never heard of her I don't think Kenny Mayne did such a bad job. Okay, he may have been booted first and not exactly Travolta, but I can't imagine anyone else in sparkles commenting on Dancer Center. Besides, his dancing certainly topped Master P's.

I've never heard of her either. Kenny wasn't a good dancer but he wasn't as unlikeable as some...Master P or Cloris anyone? And the DanceCenter bit he does now is probably the best filler they've got.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread