+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Re: *DWTS Season 9: Spoilers and Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3674408;
    Just saw somewhere that Kathy I/Tony is confirmed, so the only mystery left is Macy Gray. I also bet it will be Mayo, and I fear she will be another Monica Seles.
    It did cross my mind that they might bring in Mayo too. I thought when Tom Bergeron said last season that one of them would be "guaranteed" a spot on S9, that did not rule out bringing in another one of them at some point.

If Melissa is confirmed with Mark Ballas and Tony with Kathy and if they were to bring in Mayo for Macy, then it looks like Jonathan will not be back this season.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3674571;
    It did cross my mind that they might bring in Mayo too. I thought when Tom Bergeron said last season that one of them would be "guaranteed" a spot on S9, that did not rule out bringing in another one of them at some point.

If Melissa is confirmed with Mark Ballas and Tony with Kathy and if they were to bring in Mayo for Macy, then it looks like Jonathan will not be back this season.
    Personally, I think it's a slap in the face to Anna Demidova if they bring back another pro from that competition, at least this season. She won, Mayo didn't, and the judges/producers certainly didn't hide the fact they preferred her when it came down to the 2 of them. She deserved it. Mayo creeped me out and he and Macy would look awkward together. Since I don't care for her either, and think she may be an early boot, I wouldn't care if they were paired up. I will be disappointed for Jonathan. What has that guy ever done to deserve Heather Mills, Monica Seles, and Belinda Carlise to give him 2 first boots?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3675355;
    Personally, I think it's a slap in the face to Anna Demidova if they bring back another pro from that competition, at least this season. She won, Mayo didn't, and the judges/producers certainly didn't hide the fact they preferred her when it came down to the 2 of them. She deserved it. Mayo creeped me out and he and Macy would look awkward together. Since I don't care for her either, and think she may be an early boot, I wouldn't care if they were paired up. I will be disappointed for Jonathan. What has that guy ever done to deserve Heather Mills, Monica Seles, and Belinda Carlise to give him 2 first boots?
    I do feel bad for Jonathan, who seems like a sweetheart, but don't forget, he also was Marie Osmond's partner, and condoned the "Doll Dance", for which penance is surely necessary. It also bothered me when he commented on Larry King that season that Marie deserved to win over better dancers because she was "most improved" (well, no, and anyway, that would be Jenny Garth or Helio). Nonetheless, I would be curious to watch Jonathan with a really capable partner, just to see what he could do with her. I think he's a great teacher for a real novice, but not sure about his choreography and ability to bring the wow factor for somebody with the chops to really execute. If he does get Macy, I doubt he'll get that chance once again.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3674408;
    Just saw somewhere that Kathy I/Tony is confirmed,
    OMG, was just going to post that I hope hope hope that Kathy is with Tony. They are the only 2 reasons that I will watch this season (when I can). Maybe, just maybe, they will win. I love both of them! And together, this is a late birthday present for me!

Btw, did Samantha get replaced yet? That would help mucho for the watchability factor.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

According to examiner.com, Macy Gray's partner will be Jonathan. I don't know whether that's good news or bad news for him.

So now we know all the pairings, and I've heard quite a bit of mixed opinions on who the favorite(s) will be. Should make for an interesting season.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3675592;
    According to examiner.com, Macy Gray's partner will be Jonathan. I don't know whether that's good news or bad news for him.

So now we know all the pairings, and I've heard quite a bit of mixed opinions on who the favorite(s) will be. Should make for an interesting season.
    For me I consider it bad news I don't know if Macy's will be the first to go, but I don't expect her to last long. Plus, she mentioned she's touring in Europe so like the snowboarder that was cast I wonder if that'll cause her to have issues with practices. Oh well, hopefully next season for Jonathan.

Re: the doll dance. Okay, I don't know whether to blame Jonathan or Marie more for that I tend to think it probably sounded like a good idea in rehearsal and might have been somewhat decent rather than demonic, it just didn't come off as planned.

Access Hollywood & Yahoo entertainment is reporting a few of the pairings:

Food Network host Mark Dacascos - Lacey Schwimmer (they will make a handsome pair)
    Reality TV star Kelley Osbourne - Louis Van Amstel
    (ousted) Republican Congressman Tom Delay - Chery Burke (karma for Cheryl on getting Gilles last season)
    Model Joanna Krupa - Derek Hough (another pretty pair). Incidentally, Derek is no longer with former DWTS partner, Shannon Elizabeth.
    Singer Aaron Carter - Karina Smirnoff
    Ultimate Fighting Championship star Chuck Liddell - Anna Trebunskaya
    Entourage Actress Debi Mazar - Maksim Chermerkovsky
    Ashley Hamilton - Edyta Slwinska (Edyta gets father & son!)
    Olympic Swimmer Natalie Coughin - Alec Mazo
    Singer Donny Osmond - Kym Johnson
    Actress Melissa Joan Hart - Mark Ballas

That's all they reported. Official pairings are to be announced Monday, 8/24.

Anyone heard about the rest???

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;3675747;
    Access Hollywood & Yahoo entertainment is reporting a few of the pairings:

Food Network host Mark Dacascos - Lacey Schwimmer (they will make a handsome pair)
    Reality TV star Kelley Osbourne - Louis Van Amstel
    (ousted) Republican Congressman Tom Delay - Chery Burke (karma for Cheryl on getting Gilles last season)
    Model Joanna Krupa - Derek Hough (another pretty pair). Incidentally, Derek is no longer with former DWTS partner, Shannon Elizabeth.
    Singer Aaron Carter - Karina Smirnoff
    Ultimate Fighting Championship star Chuck Liddell - Anna Trebunskaya
    Entourage Actress Debi Mazar - Maksim Chermerkovsky
    Ashley Hamilton - Edyta Slwinska (Edyta gets father & son!)
    Olympic Swimmer Natalie Coughin - Alec Mazo
    Singer Donny Osmond - Kym Johnson
    Actress Melissa Joan Hart - Mark Ballas

That's all they reported. Official pairings are to be announced Monday, 8/24.

Anyone heard about the rest???
    Chelsie Hightower is paired with snowboarder Louie Vito and new pro Anna Demidova has former football player Michael Irving. Kathy Ireland has Tony Dovolani, Macy Gray has Jonathan Roberts, and Mya has Dmitry Chaplain.

^So Macy is confirmed with Jonathan?

Well, here was my initial guessed from the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3665982;
    I'm going to guess...

Donny & Lacey
    Ashley & Anna D.
    Michael & Karina
    Mark & Chelsie
    Chuck & Kym
    Louie & Cheryl
    Aaron & Anna T.
    Tom & Edyta

Kathy & Tony
    Macy & Dmitry
    Melissa & Louis (please happen)
    Mya & Alec
    Kelly & Jonathan
    Debi & Mark
    Natalie & Maks
    Joanna & Derek
    I got two right.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Regular

Jonathan and Macy? Confirmed?

Cheryl and Tom is karma for Gilles but Mark and Melissa? Where's karma having Shawn, who didn't deserve to win? He must be sleeping with a producer or something to have Sabrina, Kristi, Shawn and now Melissa. Kim was bad but what the scale still tips too much on the positive side. I would not mind as much if Alec got these partners. Mark sucks and now another season stuck with his annoying antics.

Chelsie and Louie will be cute. Who is older?

+ Reply to Thread