+ Reply to Thread

Thread: *Your Favorite (and least favorite) DWTS Dances*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

*Your Favorite (and least favorite) DWTS Dances*

Since season 8 has come to an end, how would your rate the overall dances to the dances of the previous seasons? And from every season you've watched, what are some of your favorite (or at least memorable) dances and dances you wish you could forget about?

*Favorites* (in no particular order)

Apolo/Julianne's Paso Doble (Season 4): I don't think there's many dances of Apolo/Julianne's that I didn't like. But their paso definitely trumps them all. That's how you do a paso, and that's the kind of music you do for a paso.

Apolo/Julianne's Freestyle (Season 4): I'm usually against hip hop for a freestyle, as I think they should be more original than doing just another dance form. I heard once they weren't supposed to incorporate ballroom into their freestyles, but hip hop has been the dashed hopes of many. Unless you can pull it off like Julianne.

Mario/Karina's Freestyle (Season 3): See above. I firmly stand behind Emmitt's win, but Karina can definitely do a great hip hop. I agree with whatever judge said it that it was like watching something out of a movie or on TV. And they had the perfect song for it.

Drew/Cheryl's Freestyle (Season 2): This is the originality I was talking about. There's been rumors Cheryl didn't choreograph this herself, and until proven otherwise I won't believe it. But Cheryl should have taken a less from her own DWTS past and done more Cowboy and less Flashdance this year. No dance has topped this one for me yet.

Joey/Kym's Freestyle (Season 4): I guess there's more freestyles I've liked in the past than I thought. I liked how they started slow and threw in some N Sync moves.

Gilles/Cheryl's Quick Step/Argentine Tango/Salsa/Samba/Paso Doble: It's Gilles. 'Nuff said

Stacy/Tony's Jive (Season 2): I'll never forget Drew's reaction when he said they couldn't just let him have his perfect 30 on his own.

Sabrina/Mark's Cha Cha/Paso Doble/Jive (Season 5): What makes season 5 worse than Helio beating Mel B was Sabrina not being in the final 3. The paso was fierce, the jive was cute, and the cha cha was incredible.

Mel/Maks Paso Doble (Season 5): Maks in leather, Mel taking on the role of bull fighter-what wasn't to love.

Warren/Kym's Cha Cha/Quick Step/Paso Doble/Freestyle (Season 7): My true champion of season 7, and one of my biggest surprises on the dance floor. Given his reputation I was surprised he was so light on his feet but had the personality and humor to go with it.

*Least Favorites*

Marie/Jonathan's Freestyle (Season 5): Jonathan deserves a chance to redeem himself after that. I'll never forget the looks on Tom, the judges, even the Osmonds faces. Those weeks of running out to kiss his sister onstage after a great dance made Donny look like he either wanted to run for the exit or commit her after that.

Lance/Lacey's Paso Doble (Season 7): If there's ever been a more wrong song for a paso, 'I Kissed A Girl' is it. I wasn't a fan of these two, but they didn't stand a chance with this song.

Master P/Ashly's Cha Cha/Samba/Quick Step/Paso Doble (Season 2): I think that covers the disaster that was Master P. Noble gesture wanted to step in for your son, but it probably says a lot when they have a back waiting for you in case you don't show up for rehearsal. And poor Ashly didn't even get the ringer the following season. She deserved a medal for having to deal with him.

Marissa/Tony's Jive (Season 6): There were a lot of dances Marissa did that I didn't like, but this was the dance CA made her cry and criticized Tony for not giving her enough to do. I felt this was the start of the power voting that ensued.

Stacy/Tony's Freestyle (Season 2): Tony improved from his disco disaster this season, but not by much.

Group Hip Hop (Season 7): Susan Lucci, Cloris Leachman, and hip hop are a bad enough combo to even think about. Then you have Cloris in the background because the girl can't dance, and Susan looking ready to pass out from fright.

Re: *Your Favorite (and least favorite) DWTS Dances*

Funny, I don't remember Mario and Karina's freestyle. Can't find a clip of it either.

My absolute favorite dance of all seasons is Cheryl and Drew's freestyle! I also loved their Paso Doble set to Thriller.

Other favorites...Maks and Mel B's Paso, Gilles and Cheryl's Argentine Tango, and Apolo and Julianne's Paso Doble.

Least favorites? They were so unmemorable, I can't think of anything.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Wow, now I really have to rack my brain!

Okay, my favorites, in no particular order: Mel/Maks Paso Doble and the Viennese Waltz that she did the spilts in, Drew/Cheryl: Freestyle and Paso Doble, Gilles/Cheryl: Argentine Tango, Salsa, Quickstep, and Samba, Joey/Kym: Freestyle,Warren/Kym: Disco and Freestyle,Monique/Louis: Jive, Apollo/Julianne: Quickstep, Freestyle, Samba, Stacy/Tony: Samba and Jive, Sabrina/Mark: Paso Doble, Jive, and Cha Cha.

Least Favorites: Jonathon/Marie: FREESTYLE. , Brooke/Derek: Salsa(I think thats the one), ANYTHING CLORIS/CORKY, Basically anything Tony choreographed when he was with Marissa, Susan, and Jane because he could've given them more I believe., Mel/Maks: Freestyle, as much as it pains me to say, it could've been LOADS better.

And that's about all I can think of for favorites @ the moment.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3464042;
    Funny, I don't remember Mario and Karina's freestyle. Can't find a clip of it either.

My absolute favorite dance of all seasons is Cheryl and Drew's freestyle! I also loved their Paso Doble set to Thriller.

Other favorites...Maks and Mel B's Paso, Gilles and Cheryl's Argentine Tango, and Apolo and Julianne's Paso Doble.

With the exception of the Apolo/Julianne Paso Doble, which I have absolutely no recollection of, this is my list of favourites.

There have been plenty of dances I didn't care for, but that broken doll dance of Osmond's still makes my hackles rise just thinking about it. Just hideous. I am thankful for it, however, because if it weren't so atrocious her fangirl coterie just might have power-voted her into a win. And there are far too many ways that would have been wrong.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I didn't watch for a few seasons, but from what I can remember, my top would have to be Stacy and Tony's jive, Brooke and Derek's freestyle, Willa and Maks' waltz and rumba, and Melissa's samba and AT. My least favourites were Shawn and Mark's freestyle, Gilles and Cheryl's AT and paso, Stacy and Tony's freestyle, and anything by Master P. My television didn't get ABC and my Internet couldn't stream TV shows for awhile...so I am going off of what I remember. Favourite dance of all time is very close between Stacy's jive and Mel's AT.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3464042;

What's interesting about Mario/Karina's freestyle (and I guess Apolo/Julianne's) is that Len hates hip hop, and that was about as old school hip hop as you could get. He loved it, yet when others attempted hip hop they got marked down and were told he wanted more. Karina and Julianne are examples of hip hop freestyles done right. I usually want them to be more creative than doing hip hop (and thanks to the group hip hop disaster of season 7 I shudder everytime they mention it on the show). Len actually said if Karina's freestyle was a movie it deserved an Oscar. I'd love to see her get another chance to do a freestyle, as I think she could do another memorable one.

Another dance that came to mind after I did this post was Sara/Tony's jive during season 3. Of all songs they got "These Boots Are Made for Walking". Which isn't exactly a jive song , so next to the majority of routines he did with Stacy I thought this was one of his better routines.

FORT Fanatic

I was a big fan of Apolo and Julianne, but I didn't like their Freestyle...it was not really that well done, it got off time, and he sort of fell out of the one armed handstand into a break dance move...he'd be cut in the first round on SYTYCD...LOL

However, he was excellent on the
    Paso Doble, amazing athletic moves, especially his grande jette,
    and the Samba - mainly because of Julianne's terrifice costume and choreography those are the dances that were amazing for me.

Other dances that stand out: Helio and Julianne's Quickstep and Mambo Quickstep for the obvious entertainment value, and Mambo for the amazing work he did on week 2 of the competition

Joey and Kym's Freestyle, now that was really well executed, it had a great strength move and it had the audacity to actually include Ballroom and Latin dancing.
    It was imho the best Freestyle on the show, because it not only showed versatility it was a dance that is an obvious off shoot of good Ballroom and Latin,..I wasn't a fan of Joey, but his Freestyle was excellent.

And For Me, I loved a great deal of what Gilles and Cheryl accomplished, the Argentine Tango, the Paso Doble, the Salsa, the Samba, the Waltz and Foxtrot are all terrific stand-outs and won't be soon forgotten. He is the quintessential all-around ten dancer, and now to understand that his shoulder was messed up in 3 places for him to do this quality of work was simply amazing.

+ Reply to Thread