+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 5/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3458864;
    Sorry to say I think Cheryl clinched 2nd place for Gilles with the unremarkable freestyle dance she choreographed for him .... featuring herself more than him. He was capable of so much more. His Argentine tango is proof of that, not to mention most of his other dances. Shawn's freestyle was just better, thanks to Mark, and that gave her the tiny edge she needed for the win.
    I have to say that I agree with you about Gilles' freestyle that Cheryl choreographed being a clincher for them for the runner-up spot. I was very dissapointed in it. We all know that she can do SO much better.

Do I think Shawn's fan base carried her up and over for the win? Yep, I sure do. Do I think that overall, for the majority of the season, Gilles outdanced Shawn, and from that perspective, should have won it all? Yep, I sure do.

I don't necessesarily think that Shawn's freestyle was just better, because, honestly, I still see it as a retread of Kristi's freestyle.

But, bottom line, however she got there, Shawn won.

And my congratulations go to her for that.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Gilles deserved to win.

I wanted Tony to win but not Melissa (like her, but Gilles is better). I wanted Gilles to win but not Cheryl (like her, but she's won too many times and I would LOVE to see Tony take the title at least once.

LOVE Shawn Johnson but not for the title of DWTS.

I haven't followed the boards on the show this season, but it seems as if I might be in the minority, but again, Gilles deserved to win (IMO) and Lil Kim should have made top 4 if not top 3. I never thought I'd like a girl who uses a pastie as a blouse, but she was adorable.
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-20-2009 at 12:30 AM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3458895;
    How do I say this?
    It means that I've been lucky enough to have access to the ultimate "poll" for at least a month and have known the order of elimination, which I reported to a number of people who agreed to keep the information and the source confidential. I knew without question after last night's vote that Melissa was the first elimination tonight.
    Shawn and Gilles were very, very close but as of this afternoon Gilles was slightly ahead (in the fan vote). What happened after that, I will better understand tomorrow. At this point, I can only speculate that it has to do with the internal system of auditing and certifying the results.
    Thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it.
    Well, now that Yahoo's AP story has spoiled the results for me (I just called up my home page and there it was -- I'm on the West Coast; the show just started), I suppose I can admit I think the phone voting was very screwy last night. I was allowed to cast 5 votes both by phone and online -- shouldn't it have been 3 votes?

But even more weird, I actually was able to vote online 9 times for my choice. There was a glitch in the middle of it, so I don't know if the first four votes counted, but they were counting down correctly and then no. 5 didn't go through. So I refreshed the page and was allowed to vote 5 more times.

And judging by all the comments on the boards, apparently the phones were totally screwed up. I was only allowed to vote 5 times by phone (again, thought it should be three.)

So I'll be interested in hearing how the audit played out.

Quote Originally Posted by birddog09;3458922;
    Well, now that Yahoo's AP story has spoiled the results for me (I just called up my home page and there it was -- I'm on the West Coast; the show just started), I suppose I can admit I think the phone voting was very screwy last night. I was allowed to cast 5 votes both by phone and online -- shouldn't it have been 3 votes?

But even more weird, I actually was able to vote online 9 times for my choice. There was a glitch in the middle of it, so I don't know if the first four votes counted, but they were counting down correctly and then no. 5 didn't go through. So I refreshed the page and was allowed to vote 5 more times.

And judging by all the comments on the boards, apparently the phones were totally screwed up. I was only allowed to vote 5 times by phone (again, thought it should be three.)

So I'll be interested in hearing how the audit played out.
    And I got 3 votes on my cell for Melissa, and never got thru once on my landline. It kept saying I used all my votes.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Wow! I never thought they would give it to a 17-yr. old.

Gilles deserved this. It IS all about the fans.

I agree with everyone who said Gilles and Cheryl knew what was coming. You could see it in their faces.

Shawn did an amazing job, but she often seemed so emotionally detached. One thing that bothered me was the fact that she very seldom, if ever, credited Mark. She was all about the "I," which is one of my personal pet peeves. I did enjoy seeing her get excited, and hope the lack of concern for her partner was her immaturity showing. Gilles was constantly thanking Cheryl, saying he wanted to do his best for Cheryl, and looking - even tonight - like he was really hoping he did his best. Melissa did use the "we' a lot. I think Shawn was more concerned about the win than doing her best.

They all did well tonight. In her interview, Melissa said she is going back to Texas and "hanging up" her dancing shoes. Won't she go on the tour?

I don't know if I'll watch again. I started out thinking it was rigged for Melissa to win. After reading some of the posts about her injury and now ABC can't let her win, I wondered how it would play out. Like others here, I started to see it slant toward Shawn the past week. Of course, now I "know" the pros, so I suppose you won't have to twist my arm to watch next season!

This is going to sound mean, but I really wish they'd get another co-host. Samantha flats out ruins this show. She is SO AWKWARD. I wish she'd go off and have another baby, or stay on Broadway full time. And someone on another thread suggested replacing her with Mel B. Great idea! Honestly I think a 7th grader would do better and act more appropriate than Harris.

Again, sorry to be so mean, but I just don't like her!!

It was a GREAT show tonight - really enjoyed the whole thing - was fun seeing all of the other contestants that were voted off - they all seemed to have a good time. The ending was a surprise - but a great one - all 3 couples were wonderful and fun to watch. Really really enjoyed it this evening.

(a bit sad for Tony - I think he was really disappointed initially - but he did a fantastic job and has alot to be proud of)
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3458928;
    In her interview, Melissa said she is going back to Texas and "hanging up" her dancing shoes. Won't she go on the tour?
    There is no tour.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nosilla;3458932;
    This is going to sound mean, but I really wish they'd get another co-host. Samantha flats out ruins this show. She is SO AWKWARD. I wish she'd go off and have another baby, or stay on Broadway full time. And someone on another thread suggested replacing her with Mel B. Great idea! Honestly I think a 7th grader would do better and act more appropriate than Harris.

Again, sorry to be so mean, but I just don't like her!!
    You're not alone on your feelings. I think there are many 'bring back Drew Lachey' petitions floating around on the web. I'd root for Ty personally But LT would be more of a picnic to watch than Samantha.

(a bit sad for Tony - I think he was really disappointed initially - but he did a fantastic job and has alot to be proud of)
    Tony's probably worried about next season and who he'll get saddled with. He got lucky this season, first with Nancy and then Melissa. Hopefully they give him a break next season. I don't think Tony's the strongest choreographer, but I enjoy his passion for the show and the dance.

I'm already going through withdrawls
    Last edited by karalott; 05-20-2009 at 12:38 AM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3458928;
    Wow! I never thought they would give it to a 17-yr. old.

Gilles deserved this. It IS all about the fans.

I agree with everyone who said Gilles and Cheryl knew what was coming. You could see it in their faces.

Shawn did an amazing job, but she often seemed so emotionally detached. One thing that bothered me was the fact that she very seldom, if ever, credited Mark. She was all about the "I," which is one of my personal pet peeves. I did enjoy seeing her get excited, and hope the lack of concern for her partner was her immaturity showing. Gilles was constantly thanking Cheryl, saying he wanted to do his best for Cheryl, and looking - even tonight - like he was really hoping he did his best. Melissa did use the "we' a lot. I think Shawn was more concerned about the win than doing her best.

They all did well tonight. In her interview, Melissa said she is going back to Texas and "hanging up" her dancing shoes. Won't she go on the tour?

I don't know if I'll watch again. I started out thinking it was rigged for Melissa to win. After reading some of the posts about her injury and now ABC can't let her win, I wondered how it would play out. Like others here, I started to see it slant toward Shawn the past week. Of course, now I "know" the pros, so I suppose you won't have to twist my arm to watch next season!
    Well, obviously I haven't seen the performances yet (west coaster as I mentioned a couple of comments above), but it sounds to me like this points out why Olympians and athletes seem to have an edge -- they know when to peak. Shawn did a great job last night -- as well as the week before and she seemed finally to be really enjoying it. (As well as getting more comfortable with bringing the sexy.)

To be honest, both Gilles and Melissa seemed tired and, of course, hurting. They put on good faces about it, talked the talk, but their performances seemed ... tired. It also didn't help that both their pros did not serve them well in the freestyle.

Of course, Shawn's just 17 so she still has plenty of get up and go in her.

I personally think the athletes are the "ringers" in this competition. They've got the mental toughness for the long haul. (I mean, look at Ty; no real dance talent, but easily the most improved.)

[]
    Last edited by MsFroggy; 05-20-2009 at 12:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread