+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 5/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

One thing I really wish the show would get rid of is scoring of the final dances because short of a catastrophy, everyone is going to receive a perfect score.

So why not have the final 3 dance their best dance without scoring them because its completely pointless anyways. Save that time for the end so you can see more of the celebrations with the winner instead.

SOOOOOOO glad Shawn won, if Melissa couldn't I am now content with the reality world again.......Giles in NO WAT deserved to win, Cheryl did all the dancing all he did was stand around for most of the season and recieved high scores, no cheating Shawn won don't cry foul now......YAY

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3458872;
    One thing I really wish the show would get rid of is scoring of the final dances because short of a catastrophy, everyone is going to receive a perfect score.

So why not have the final 3 dance their best dance without scoring them because its completely pointless anyways. Save that time for the end so you can see more of the celebrations with the winner instead.
    I agree, the last dance for judges scores has always been suspect. But giving them all 30's for it it's pointless. Just have them do the encore for fun.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3458872;

The feeling that I got tonight was that the judges wanted the onus to be on the fans; therefore, they gave all three couples the same score, and the fans ended up selecting the final winner; however, we had already predicated that they wanted Melissa in 3rd place and had manuevered to get her there with their comments and scores. We had predicted that they would do just what they did before they did it. They only question going into the show tonight was : Would Shawn's fanbase be strong enough to overcome Gilles' higher scores?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

This reminds me of how I felt after season 5. The athlete beats the dancer. I liked Helio's personality more than Shawn's, and Shawn is a better dancer than he was. But the best dancer finished second in both cases.

Now onto sleuthing for season 9 and finding out who the next hoofers will be.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3458866;
    SDL--hi. As you know I have watched your statistics posts very closely and have seen how accurate your info has been.

I have to say I don't quite understand what you're saying in this post.

Can you be more clear for those of us who haven't had enough coffee today?

Thanks for any info.

And thanks so very much for all your hard work this season. Very much appreciated.
    How do I say this?
    It means that I've been lucky enough to have access to the ultimate "poll" for at least a month and have known the order of elimination, which I reported to a number of people who agreed to keep the information and the source confidential. I knew without question after last night's vote that Melissa was the first elimination tonight.
    Shawn and Gilles were very, very close but as of this afternoon Gilles was slightly ahead (in the fan vote). What happened after that, I will better understand tomorrow. At this point, I can only speculate that it has to do with the internal system of auditing and certifying the results.
    Thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

I thought they all deserved to win for very good reasons. Gilles was fantastic from the get go and just kept giving it all and giving it great week after week after week. Shawn started out as a meek little girl afraid to show any skin or any hint of sexuality and she just blossomed in front of us all to the point where she looked incredibly comfortable in her sexy skin! Loved it! And Melissa .... gotta give that girl major kudos. She went through the Bachelor crap, fine, get over it, try to get back to the old life and dingaling, DWTS comes a callin' .... hey Melissa, someone dropped out, can you start tomorrow and perform on national TV in oh, say two days, with next to no training? Okay, thanks, see ya then!! You could see her confidence building from week to week, her self-esteem returning, and above all, you could see her come out of her hiding hole and start to have fun again. Oh yeah, and she could dance like the rest of them! Great show .... deserving win no matter which way it went.
    Darn Kangaroos!! I am le tired.

The cutie-pie wins the ball and keeps the Olympic Champion first place finishes intact. Headline.

I enjoyed watching the "stars" this year. Good season. Gilles spiced up the floor and showed grace under pressure. Melissa held it together after her injury and put in her best dance (the samba.) Shawn won the votes this week on her freestyle, while Tony's overly ambitious trick factor which lowered the freestyle score from the judges once again probably cost him and his partner a higher placement.

I thought it funny when the roaster mentioned Gilles having a large "part" in SATC Shawn looked to Melissa with bewilderment and Melissa may have told her what that part was. Anyway, interesting personalities and some good dancing thrown in...good season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3458870;
    Interesting - maybe the margin of error made a difference?

Hey, do you get Idol results too?!
    Sorry, different network.
    But I can guess that Adam will win. Duh!!

Everyone has known for the last 3 weeks with the judges comments that Melissa would get third.......So come on who is surprised? But I am just thrilled that Giles din't win...YAY

+ Reply to Thread