+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/19 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3458121;
    I said it last night and will say it again, they should not judge the guys and the gals the same. There should be seperate categories. The women have far more steps in almost all the dances
    Very good point. the only true male dance is the PD. The Tango is even. The rest rely more on the female. But it's like life, right? We do it backwards and in heels!

I will be thrilled for whoever wins. In my opinion.....they are ALL WINNERS!!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3458125;
    Great to see Melissa, Shawn and Gilles in the finales! Good luck to all! It has been a great season with great entertainment.

Go Melissa and Tony!
    Even though last night was a disappointment, dance wise, this has been a great season. My favorite since season 5, but the best since season 4.

Looks like Gilles will be doing his AT for his encore dance. His was the only one I wasn't sure on.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3458121;
    I said it last night and will say it again, they should not judge the guys and the gals the same. There should be seperate categories. The women have far more steps in almost all the dances
    I respectfully disagree. Men and women have some differences in their roles in ballroom, but one is not more difficult or less important than the other. In real ballroom competitions, they are judged as a pair as they should be here, IMO.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I can only think Cheryl had some sort of childhood Flashdance fantasy she wanted to fulfill and has finally done it with that freestyle.

Len says this is the best season ever (until next season rolls around) and they have the best dancers in the final 3.

For me, Cheryl really dropped the ball last night on that freestyle. She can talk from now 'til the Second Coming about having tailored what she came up with for Drew and Emmitt for them, and I totally believe and buy it.

But for Gilles? No way.

I liked what Shawn did in the paso, basically, but liked Gilles more. As for her and Mark's freestyle, I still feel like what they did was a poor man's version of his and Kristi's freestyle, which didn't exactly endear me to Shawn's freestyle.

However, I think Shawn can still maybe pull the whole thing out based on fan base.

Melissa and Tony? They're just floating around out there somewhere, for me.
    Last edited by ness; 05-19-2009 at 10:12 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3458136;
    Even though last night was a disappointment, dance wise, this has been a great season.
    It really has been a great season. I've watched every episode and I ususally skip the first few weeks and more if I don't like the dancing.

To make it to the final 3, they are all winners. Thanks for the great season!
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Here we go!

All three are deserving so it won't bother me if Shawn or Gilles win! I'm still holding out hope for my gal and Tony though!

+ Reply to Thread