+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: 5/18 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 5/18 Show Discussion **spoilers**

After seeing Melissa's routine, the judges are right in that it was disjointed but I still voted for them, of course (the last other person I would have voted for was Steve-O). This is the first week I think they didn't Bedazzle her tattoo, and it worked with her costume. Nonetheless, even though it was a bit disjointed, I still loved it, and you could tell that they were out there having fun.

Bloomers-I agree with you about Cheryl. Most of the dances that Gilles has done well on have been because of her work, not because of Gilles excelling.

I also hated that song choice for the PD face-off. I would have done something more traditional...that's a thought.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

FORT Regular

My wife and I were sitting here watching this show tonight and have decided that this is the last time that we will be watching this show. The judging is so inept and so predictable that it ruins the show. To give a 30 to Shawn for chasing Mark around the dance floor is a joke and Gilles does very little dancing and has done very little all season. It's easy to have the moves connect when there are no moves being made. They judge one couple on how much they have improved. They judge another on how happy they look doing the dance and they judge another on the fact that one judge is so hung up on them that she has to fan herself. And I thought this was a dance contest. At least AI has come to realize that they have a singing contest and judge accordingly. This show is a farce and has been since day one.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3456068;
    Did anyone else have trouble voting for Melissa and Tony tonight? We had four phone lines going, and I think we got a total of 5 or 6 votes in. On one phone I got the message that I had reached my vote limit, but had gotten through only once, twice at most. Very strange.
    I did! What's up with that...did anyone else have trouble voting for shawn or gilles?

I threw some votes Shawn's way too...actually, until tonight I liked all three and probably would have avoided voting but I thought gilles freestyle was hot garbage...mainly because he didn't dance in it!!! Seriously, he is so much better than that and I was expecting a routine like E. Smith's or D. Lachey's, one that really highlighted his dancing abilities, instead I watched a pro do her thing...really? That proved to me that he does not deserve the trophy..so I hope we see a Shawn or Melissa win.
    Last edited by mindy384; 05-18-2009 at 11:59 PM.

No matter who our favorites are, we have pretty much come together in our disappointment of tonight's overall performances and the judging. I think we should be commended.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiling In Ill;3456143;
    My wife and I were sitting here watching this show tonight and have decided that this is the last time that we will be watching this show. The judging is so inept and so predictable that it ruins the show. To give a 30 to Shawn for chasing Mark around the dance floor is a joke and Gilles does very little dancing and has done very little all season. It's easy to have the moves connect when there are no moves being made. They judge one couple on how much they have improved. They judge another on how happy they look doing the dance and they judge another on the fact that one judge is so hung up on them that she has to fan herself. And I thought this was a dance contest. At least AI has come to realize that they have a singing contest and judge accordingly. This show is a farce and has been since day one.
    I absolutely agree!!! The judges are crap and they give out perfect scores for practically anything these days. "Oh look! Gilles showed up..10!!!" (this is just an example...they have done it with many contestants all season). I am tired of watching bruno and CA slober all over gilles, I am tired of hearing them tell shawn how great she is technically because they don't want to talk about the lack of emotion (or connection) and I am sick of hearing them tell melissa she has great legs...aren't these people supposed to be professionals? I could find better judges down at the local dance studio, judges that would say "yeah, that was awful" or "I don't care if you improved, you dance is still a 6 out of 10... I can't give you a 9 just because you weren't as terrible as last time!"
    boo for the judges, please get simon over to this show immediately (he may not be a pro but he will tell someone if they are terrible!) :nono
    Last edited by mindy384; 05-19-2009 at 12:02 AM.

My favorite Paso was was Gilles and Cheryl and Freestyle was Shawn and Mark. Word to Melissa Cheerleading smile and dancing should only be done on the football field other wise it comes off looking like a high school prep rally! Go Gilles and Shawn and Melissa don't let the backdoor hit you on your tramp stamp on the way to third place honey!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy;3456146;
    No matter who our favorites are, we have pretty much come together in our disappointment of tonight's overall performances and the judging. I think we should be commended.

I have always thought that Melissa was techically the best celeb dancer on the show, but Cheryl is one more tremendous choreographer. If Gilles wins this thing, I am not sure it is because it is that he that good of a dancer as much as it is that she is that good at tailoring the dance to meet and showcase his strengths. She then dances as the pro that she is, and he looks fantastic. I am not at all sure he would look as good with someone else.

FORT Newbie

Could someone please explain this for me

If the judges score make up 50% and the votes the other 50%. how is that tallied.

Melissa has 56 gilles and shawn 58, say that Melissa get most viewers vote, how would/could she win. could someone please explain this to me.

WOW....this was a hard decision. My hubby and I have rooted for Melissa all season. We love her to pieces. BUT....after watching tonights show, we HAD to cast our votes for Shawn and Mark. Mark has done a fabulous job with a darling 17 year old young lady. I will be happy for WHOEVER wins. This has been a WONDERFUL season to watch. Congrats to all three couples!!! You all ROCK!

FORT Regular

What a letdown of a night. I didn't enjoy a single routine. The Paso music ruined all 3 routines for me.

Mark completely out-danced Shawn in their freestyle. She was a half a beat behind him throughout the routine - hated it. Mel/Tony's freestyle was underwhelming. And well... Cheryl was the star of the last routine. Gilles- did he even dance?

I hate that 10s were flying tonight. None of these performances should have been awarded one. Bleh!

What a downer to a very enjoyable season!! I think I'll skip the finale.

+ Reply to Thread