+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season 8 Finale - Schedule for the 18th and 19th

FORT Fan

Season 8 Finale - Schedule for the 18th and 19th

Can anyone tell me exactly what the schedule is for the next two days on Dancing with the Stars. Do the people vote tonight and then the judges make the final decision tomorrow? How many dances do they do tonight? Etc.

We're having a discussion at work and no one seems to know.

Thanks.

FORT Fogey

Re: Schedule for the 18th and 19th

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBravo;3454283;
    Can anyone tell me exactly what the schedule is for the next two days on Dancing with the Stars. Do the people vote tonight and then the judges make the final decision tomorrow? How many dances do they do tonight? Etc.

We're having a discussion at work and no one seems to know.

Thanks.
    Unless they've switched it up - tonight they'll each do two dances -- one where they're all three dancing side by side, and then the freestyle dance. The judges will score them, and viewers will vote. Then tomorrow night, the couple coming in 3rd place tonight will be eliminated, the remaining two will each do one dance, which will be scored by the judges, and the combination of the Monday scores and the judges Tuesday scores will determine the winner.

FORT Fan

Sweet. Thank you so much. That makes it clearer. However, it seems like there is more dancing tonight, but the show is only an hour, whereas tomorrow's show is 2 hours. Is that just for more pomp and circumanstance...

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3454290;
    Unless they've switched it up - tonight they'll each do two dances -- one where they're all three dancing side by side, and then the freestyle dance. The judges will score them, and viewers will vote. Then tomorrow night, the couple coming in 3rd place tonight will be eliminated, the remaining two will each do one dance, which will be scored by the judges, and the combination of the Monday scores and the judges Tuesday scores will determine the winner.
    Wow, have I been out of the loop recently. I thought they were doing the PD and a freestyle. They will all three be doing the PD at the same time???
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBravo;3454294;
    Sweet. Thank you so much. That makes it clearer. However, it seems like there is more dancing tonight, but the show is only an hour, whereas tomorrow's show is 2 hours. Is that just for more pomp and circumanstance...
    It is for pomp and circumstance. All of the couples from this season will perform an individual dance throughout the show. I believe they eliminate the couple who finished in 3rd during the first hour and then they announce the winner usually with 5 or 10 minutes left in the show.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by illusions;3454300;
    Wow, have I been out of the loop recently. I thought they were doing the PD and a freestyle. They will all three be doing the PD at the same time???
    Yes, but each couple will have their own individual spots in the dance. Usually one couple starts, next one goes, final one goes and then as a group they conclude the dance.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76;3454304;
    Yes, but each couple will have their own individual spots in the dance. Usually one couple starts, next one goes, final one goes and then as a group they conclude the dance.
    Will they be doing the same steps in unison when not doing their individual spot? If so, that will be a treat.
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by illusions;3454300;
    That's what they said last week. I don't think it's a "group dance". Rather, each pair will have their time doing the same dance to the same music.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by illusions;3454311;
    Will they be doing the same steps in unison when not doing their individual spot? If so, that will be a treat.
    It's not really a group dance, as Veruka said, but more a dance off. They each have their own individual spot and at the end of it yes, they all dance together, but they are all scored individually. They've done it for the last two seasons, so if you want an idea, go to Youtube and check out the videos (season 6 had a cha cha dance off and season 7 had a samba dance off). I liked the way they ended the samba dance off. Tomorrow night, the final 2 compete for the last set of judges scores with their encore dance (Melissa's doing her samba, Shawn her cha cha, and no idea what Gilles is doing-my guess is salsa or AT).

DWTS is one hour tonight, technically two hours tomorrow. However, tonight's episode will be re-airing tomorrow night at 8 (according to my cable guide) so in reality DWTS is 3 hours. Jeffrey Ross, last season's first boot, will be back to roast the final 3 (I wonder if he had to come up with age appropriate material for Shawn), Lady GaGa performs, all the dancers come back and perform their favorite dance of the season (Maks said he and Denise are doing their quick step), and of course, someone takes home the mirrorball.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3454476;
    It's not really a group dance, as Veruka said, but more a dance off. They each have their own individual spot and at the end of it yes, they all dance together, but they are all scored individually. They've done it for the last two seasons, so if you want an idea, go to Youtube and check out the videos (season 6 had a cha cha dance off and season 7 had a samba dance off). I liked the way they ended the samba dance off. Tomorrow night, the final 2 compete for the last set of judges scores with their encore dance (Melissa's doing her samba, Shawn her cha cha, and no idea what Gilles is doing-my guess is salsa or AT).

DWTS is one hour tonight, technically two hours tomorrow. However, tonight's episode will be re-airing tomorrow night at 8 (according to my cable guide) so in reality DWTS is 3 hours. Jeffrey Ross, last season's first boot, will be back to roast the final 3 (I wonder if he had to come up with age appropriate material for Shawn), Lady GaGa performs, all the dancers come back and perform their favorite dance of the season (Maks said he and
    Denise are doing their quick step), and of course, someone takes home the mirrorball.

Thanks for explaining it! I've already told my family - tonight is MINE! No sports, no shuttling around (unless it's an extreme emergency), no talking or hw discussions (no school here tomorrow), no planning sessions, no work, no bothering Mom! I've had to DVR the show for the past weeks, so it will be great to watch it live!

One question: Does one choreographer plan the group dance and each couple's part in it, or does each pro get to do his/her own choreography for the individual parts?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast