+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season 8 Finale - Schedule for the 18th and 19th

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Schedule for the 18th and 19th

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3454794;
    Thanks for explaining it! I've already told my family - tonight is MINE! No sports, no shuttling around (unless it's an extreme emergency), no talking or hw discussions (no school here tomorrow), no planning sessions, no work, no bothering Mom! I've had to DVR the show for the past weeks, so it will be great to watch it live!

One question: Does one choreographer plan the group dance and each couple's part in it, or does each pro get to do his/her own choreography for the individual parts?
    Each couple does their own individual routine. The group all takes part in the group part, but for each individual dance it's all on the couples to do their part.

Re: Season 8 Finale - Schedule for the 18th and 19th

Melissa said on her twitter that they didn't get to choose their music all season, but they get to choose their music for their freestyle. They had to keep the finale a secret, music, etc. She's excited, so I suppose she is pleased with their freestyle routine. Tony says some of the lifts will make the audience hold their breath.

I always wonder if it's pure hype when they talk about how the audience will be holding their breath, how breathless they'll be, that nothing like this has ever been done, it's the riskest thing ever...usually it amounts to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3454904;
    I always wonder if it's pure hype when they talk about how the audience will be holding their breath, how breathless they'll be, that nothing like this has ever been done, it's the riskest thing ever...usually it amounts to nothing.
    yes, I am sure it will be the same boring no emotional dances that we are used to

actually, I am looking forward to see all 3 dancers and how they will end up. I like both girls, Gilles...not so much.

As I've said, freestyles are usually a let down. I've enjoyed Cheryl's in the past, so Gilles aside, I'm looking forward to hers. I hope Mark doesn't go overboard with the gymnastics and tricks in his routine with Shawn. And hopefully Tony learned from his disco disaster. I don't really see what could leave one so breathless, though it'd probably some lift or throw that would only be something you'd see in a professional acrobatic show. And I don't think even Shawn could pull that off.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3454904;
    I believe Tony after their Lindy Hop routine turned out to be all he said it would be. I remember when he tried to get Stacy to a do routine that required some dangerous lifts but she was reluctant but apparently from he said Melissa is fearless.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12