+ Reply to Thread

Thread: *Dances for Next Week (5/4)*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

*Dances for Next Week (5/4)*

I'm 99% sure these are correct. If they are, there might be an upset because I think Ty could do very well with his dances.

Lil Kim/Derek: Salsa and Waltz

Melissa/Tony: Samba and Viennese Waltz

Shawn/Mark: Paso Doble and Quick Step

Gilles/Cheryl: Rumba and Foxtrot (Gilles confirmed the rumba)

Ty/Chelsie: Rumba and Argentine Tango

Re: *Dances for Next Week (5/4)*

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3429891;
    I'm 99% sure these are correct. If they are, there might be an upset because I think Ty could do very well with his dances.

Lil Kim/Derek: Salsa and Waltz

Melissa/Tony: Samba and Viennese Waltz

Shawn/Mark: Paso Doble and Quick Step

Gilles/Cheryl: Rumba and Foxtrot (Gilles confirmed the rumba)

Ty/Chelsie: Rumba and Argentine Tango
    I'd prefer Ty not having to do the same dance as Gilles. Yipes.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

The samba might be a little tough for Melissa, with all the hip shaking and what not.

And I agree about Ty. Especially when its a dance that is right up Gilles/Cheryl's ally with the passion and what not, because they have killer chemistry together.

I really hope Shawn can bring the intensity for the Paso Doble, because the movements are more her style, with them being sharp and precise, hopefully she can just get the feeling down.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Bringing this over from the results show thread:

Based on polls I wouldn't be shocked if LK went home first either. I do think Ty could have some trouble with the Rumba this week but could do fairly well with AT as they are connected the whole time and he does better in those dances.
    I hadn't thought about Gilles and Ty both having the rumba but Gilles will win that one. Of course I find the rumba a boring dance in general, but Gilles may change my mind. Ty did a really good job with the regular tango during the team dance, despite still looking stiff, but I think he could do a very good job on the AT. I do think Kim is the one going to be at the disadvantage because depending on how the routines go down (and I won't doubt Derek's ability), her dances may not be as memorable. Melissa is going to have her big comeback week, Ty may have his own comeback since he survived after Len told him it was time to hit the trail, Gilles may regain first and bring sexy back, and then there's Shawn. I don't know what Shawn does to get the marks she does but she's Shawn.

Chelsie did a craaazy good AT on SYTYCD and with Ty's excellent strength, this should be a very good one for them. Rumba, perhaps not so much.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3431045;
    Bringing this over from the results show thread:

I hadn't thought about Gilles and Ty both having the rumba but Gilles will win that one. Of course I find the rumba a boring dance in general, but Gilles may change my mind. Ty did a really good job with the regular tango during the team dance, despite still looking stiff, but I think he could do a very good job on the AT. I do think Kim is the one going to be at the disadvantage because depending on how the routines go down (and I won't doubt Derek's ability), her dances may not be as memorable. Melissa is going to have her big comeback week, Ty may have his own comeback since he survived after Len told him it was time to hit the trail, Gilles may regain first and bring sexy back, and then there's Shawn. I don't know what Shawn does to get the marks she does but she's Shawn.
    I feel sorry for anyone who has done/will have to do the rumba (particulary if he/she is facing off against Gilles). The judges don't seem to know what it is they want to see: too raunchy, too sexy, not raunchy enough, not sexy enough, or not-sexy-but-since-you're-an-innocent-17-year-old-we'll-give-you-a-"bye"-this-week, etc. There must be a better (read: judgeable) dance out there to replace the rumba.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

+ Reply to Thread