+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would you LOVE to see doing Dancing With the Stars?

Re: Who would you LOVE to see doing Dancing With the Stars?

How about Joan and John Cusack, Tatum O'Neal and Matt or Kevin Dillon.

tatum was in season two...

Here's an idea: bring back all the pros who have only been on the show for one or two seasons instead of the likes of Cheryl, Mark, Julianne, etc. That way, the pros with less of a fanbase would be competing, forcing the viewers to vote more for the celebrities than the pros.

It's not going to happen, but I think it would be a good idea. Plus, we would get to see the less-popular pros shine.

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2;3425499;
    I know this isn't possible, due to schedule and different networks but I think Jillian and Bob from TBL would be awesome!!!!
    As a huge Biggest Loser fan, I would love to see Jillian on the show. I dislike Bob, so a big no to him. But it would be great to see Jillian as the pupil instead of the controller, since she's so use to screaming at her players.

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyQOC;3425576;
    they also had an outline of the audition process. i know that brooke hogan has actually gotten to the physical audition (they 'vet' the celebs on several levels before the audition) and since she didn't make it, i'm not sure what her chances are for making it again.
    Hmmm, I was unaware of this before you brought it up. Thanks for sharing this, Becky. Would you happen to know any other celebrities that got to this part of the audition?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3426771;
    Here's an idea: bring back all the pros who have only been on the show for one or two seasons instead of the likes of Cheryl, Mark, Julianne, etc. That way, the pros with less of a fanbase would be competing, forcing the viewers to vote more for the celebrities than the pros.

It's not going to happen, but I think it would be a good idea. Plus, we would get to see the less-popular pros shine.

Hmmm, I was unaware of this before you brought it up. Thanks for sharing this, Becky. Would you happen to know any other celebrities that got to this part of the audition?
    I'd hate to lose Edyta, Kym, Maks, etc., but I've been in favor of rotating the pros every season. Have one set on in the spring, and one in the fall. The pros have probably taken a beating this year, because they came right off the tour and started rehearsals. Plus, with all of the injuries, it might be for their own good. And I agree with you, since a pros fan base can help them get through over the star, it'd be nice to see someone with less of a fanbase as a pro have a fair shot. Even pros like Anna, Alec, Fabian, and Louis might not be as big of fan favorites if people got into watching the show in later seasons. Anna hasn't been on since season 6, and didn't fare well in seasons 5 and 6. Fabian has so far been a one timer, and while Louis did great in seasons 2 and 3 coming back 2 seasons later he didn't do as well with Priscilla. Alec has had the same problem.

I don't know of any current celebs that haven't been cast, but from last season, Cloris Leachman said she met with producers twice before she was finally cast. I remember Denise and Jewel saying how much they wanted to be on the show in previous editions but I don't know if they ever had an actual meeting/audtion beforehand. I'm kind of surprised they'd do all of this for this show. Do they make them actually dance so they can see if they'll be a train wreck, a ringer, or a pleasant surprise?

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3426771;

my info comes from multiple sources. i know about brooke because tmz got video of people leaving one of the studios they use for auditions. i think she auditioned for season 7 or maybe season 6. right now, i can't remember who else they caught on tape. brooke stands out because she talked to them. which may have had something to do with her not getting on the show.

ok, i just went digging for the video on tmz and found a thing about kim kardashian...apparently bruce jenner's best friend is the casting director at DWTS and he offhandedly says he got her the gig but didn't have much faith in her going far because 'kim has never had to compete for anything in her life'. ouch.

i also found a clip of dick van patten pulling a florence henderson and almost begging to get on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3426774;
    I'd hate to lose Edyta, Kym, Maks, etc., but I've been in favor of rotating the pros every season. Have one set on in the spring, and one in the fall. The pros have probably taken a beating this year, because they came right off the tour and started rehearsals. Plus, with all of the injuries, it might be for their own good. And I agree with you, since a pros fan base can help them get through over the star, it'd be nice to see someone with less of a fanbase as a pro have a fair shot. Even pros like Anna, Alec, Fabian, and Louis might not be as big of fan favorites if people got into watching the show in later seasons. Anna hasn't been on since season 6, and didn't fare well in seasons 5 and 6. Fabian has so far been a one timer, and while Louis did great in seasons 2 and 3 coming back 2 seasons later he didn't do as well with Priscilla. Alec has had the same problem.

I don't know of any current celebs that haven't been cast, but from last season, Cloris Leachman said she met with producers twice before she was finally cast. I remember Denise and Jewel saying how much they wanted to be on the show in previous editions but I don't know if they ever had an actual meeting/audtion beforehand. I'm kind of surprised they'd do all of this for this show. Do they make them actually dance so they can see if they'll be a train wreck, a ringer, or a pleasant surprise?
    maybe 'audition' isn't the most accurate term. i use it only because i'm repeating what tmz called them when they shot the footage.

i would imagine they are looking for stage presence and things like that. given how awful some of the stars have been, it's hard to believe they passed a comprehensive audition. perhaps the stars have to pass the medical/physical part before you can get to any meetings. i do remember that cloris had to get at least two doctors clearances.

I think they probably want the right mix of celebs too; if there are too many older men, or young blonde celebs for instance, in one season, it's not as interesting. You can narrow it even more; they obviously don't want more than one soap actor, team sport player, Olympian, boy band member, comic actor, or big business person per season. So, to fill the cast the way they want it to be probably requires turning down stars in one 'category' who really want to do it, but there are several of that type applying. And for other types they hope to cast, they might have to do a good bit of searching.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

George: My Dream Hubby... mommadeb's Avatar

I would love to see Troy Aikman as well. I think he would do pretty well.

I would also love to see George Strait, Sammy Hagar, Valerie Bertinelli (sp?), Mackenzie Phillips, Donna Mills, Wally or The Beave (can't think of their names right now!!), Erin Moran, Tom Bosley, Donnie Most, Ansen Williams

Sorry, am I showing my age??????

On the somewhat younger side, what about Maurice Bernard (Sonny Corinthos: GH), or the guy who plays Spinelli on GH, I think he would be a hoot to watch. I'd also like to see Luke Perry or Jason Priestly. I have many many many more, but this will do for now.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength.
    And whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much.
    And what is done in love is done well.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mommadeb;3427261;
    I would love to see Troy Aikman as well. I think he would do pretty well.

I would also love to see George Strait, Sammy Hagar, Valerie Bertinelli (sp?), Mackenzie Phillips, Donna Mills, Wally or The Beave (can't think of their names right now!!), Erin Moran, Tom Bosley, Donnie Most, Ansen Williams

Sorry, am I showing my age??????

On the somewhat younger side, what about Maurice Bernard (Sonny Corinthos: GH), or the guy who plays Spinelli on GH, I think he would be a hoot to watch. I'd also like to see Luke Perry or Jason Priestly. I have many many many more, but this will do for now.
    I'm all for Valerie Bertinelli. She's been on my wish list for awhile, so I'm surprised I forgot to mention her. Alicia Silverstone is someone else I've been wanting to see. Hayley Mills, Rider Strong, Fred and Ben Savage, Danielle Fishel (how I miss Boy Meets World), Kirstie Alley, Ted Danson, Shelly Long (I loved Cheers, too!). If they want to go for the young star I'd rather see them try Nick rather than Disney, but there's Disney stars I wouldn't mind seeing. I watch a lot of that network with my niece. Problem is, the ones I'm thinking of might have a problem getting a pro to fit their height, especially the guys.

George: My Dream Hubby... mommadeb's Avatar

I actually like Emily Osment from Hannah Montanna but then I realized she is young like Shawn and it's kind of awkward, at least for me, to see a "minor" dance some of these dances with, although they are young, with adult men and women (Cody Lindley with Julianne)

I was just thinking, I know there are young professional dancers, I wonder how a DWTS show would go where the target age is between say 14-18. You could have the teen pros paired with teen stars.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength.
    And whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much.
    And what is done in love is done well.

+ Reply to Thread