+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Who would you LOVE to see doing Dancing With the Stars?

FORT Fan

Re: Who would you LOVE to see doing Dancing With the Stars?

Jesse Csincsak (Deanna's pick from the Bachelorette) has stated how badly he wants to be on DWTS. He may have interviewed with them already. I have a good feeling after Melissa being on this season we are going to see alot of the ex bachelor and bachelorettes on future shows. Jesse said after seeing all the support Melissa has received he would love to do it since he loves to dance.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Mindy~;3442852;
    Jesse Csincsak (Deanna's pick from the Bachelorette) has stated how badly he wants to be on DWTS. He may have interviewed with them already. I have a good feeling after Melissa being on this season we are going to see alot of the ex bachelor and bachelorettes on future shows. Jesse said after seeing all the support Melissa has received he would love to do it since he loves to dance.
    I can only hope you're joking about Jesse's chances of being on DWTS. I still don't think reality stars are the celebs of choice for the producers, and they will only cast them if they have major buzz surrounding them (like Kim Kardashian), they are in a desperate situation (like Holly), or both (like Melissa).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Somehow I don't think he'd be as well received. He needs to remember, Melissa came in only as a replacement and less than a week after the ATFR special aired so media attention on that was still going very strong. I think he'd suffer more the same fate as Trista and be an early out. I hope Melissa doesn't mean an influx of TB/ette rejects. I think that'll be a bad move on the show's part. Unless they were thinking of casting the host of a reality show, I wouldn't want to see any reality show contestants. It'd just be a waste of space. It's not like any, with the exception of Melissa, have done well. I'm sure a lot of them would love to do and would think they'd be the media/ballroom darlings that Melissa has become, but they'd probably be in for a rude awakening.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3442867;
    I can only hope you're joking about Jesse's chances of being on DWTS. I still don't think reality stars are the celebs of choice for the producers, and they will only cast them if they have major buzz surrounding them (like Kim Kardashian), they are in a desperate situation (like Holly), or both (like Melissa).
    The funny thing is - some of us have heard of "quote" reality stars "unquote", yet we have never heard of other people who have done the show like computer geeks, rodeo king of the cowboys or French actors. I think TPTB realize this and it is all good if it makes for a good show, which I think this season has been. I look forward to each week.

If they are going to invite former cast from TB, I think Jesse would be a fun addition. He has a colorful personality plus he is first and foremost an athlete as a professional snow boarder. His fan base would include the snow boarder circuit and not just a carry over from the ABC reality show. So his appearance would not be all about TB. According to his official web site, he really wants to do the show and there is a petition started to get him on. So maybe we may see him?

I am assuming ABC's preference is to go for A-List stars that are willing and available to do the show but are prepared to expand their search to the B-List (lesser known or stars/celebrities that need a career boost) before offering a spot to reality stars. I would love to see the A-List stars on the show, e.g., Tom Hanks, Mel Gibson, George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Denzel Washington, etc., (my list goes on), but I doubt we would see that happen. So I will settle for the rest as long as they are as entertaining as this season has been.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3442904;
    I am assuming ABC's preference is to go for A-List stars that are willing and available to do the show but are prepared to expand their search to the B-List (lesser known or stars/celebrities that need a career boost) before offering a spot to reality stars. I would love to see the A-List stars on the show, e.g., Tom Hanks, Mel Gibson, George Clooney, Julia Roberts, Denzel Washington, etc., (my list goes on), but I doubt we would see that happen. So I will settle for the rest as long as they are as entertaining as this season has been.
    I don't think they even approach A-Listers - I love your list by the way - but what a great show that would be if they could ever pull it off!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

In a way, I'm kind of glad they don't attract huge A-listers. Jennifer Aniston mentioned at one point she'd love to do the show, but obviously would likely never go through with it. I notice sometimes the pros mention unlikely celebs they'd like to see; I wonder if they keep people who might do it in the back of their minds so the producers don't cast them and pair them with someone else on purpose. Anyway, I would like to see the producers cast people who stand a fair chance, either based on dancing ability and/or by fan base ability. Reality stars, unless they come in like Melissa did, likely won't make it very far. Perhaps American Idol contestants would, but they're a little different than the average Survivor contestant.

FORT Fan

It really doesn't matter to me who they invite to do the show. I always find somebody that I really like by the 2nd or 3rd show that I really want to win. I have watched every season and each season there is at least a couple I have never heard of. This year I had no clue who Chuck Wicks (I even listen to country music), Woz, Gilles or who Ty Murray was (except he was Jewel's husband). I did know of Melissa even before she did the Bachelor. Of course I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan. But I do enjoy when one of my favorites participate like Emmitt Smith and Kristi Y.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3442916;
    In a way, I'm kind of glad they don't attract huge A-listers. Jennifer Aniston mentioned at one point she'd love to do the show, but obviously would likely never go through with it.
    I'm glad they don't either. If Jennifer Aniston were ever to sign up, just give her the trophy on celebrity announcement day. Her fanbase would be voting like crazy even if they never watched the show once. I love her and I would vote for her even if she danced like a robot

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3442867;
    I read your post to mean the producers are desperate, not the person they are casting. And I agree. Even as a Mel fan, I agree she would not have been on the show but/for Nancy's last minute injury and the confluence of the ending of TB at the same time. As for Jesse, god what a disaster. He's all wrong for this show on so many levels.

+ Reply to Thread