+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Who would you LOVE to see doing Dancing With the Stars?

FORT Fogey

Re: Who would you LOVE to see doing Dancing With the Stars?

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3442198;
    Well, that Marissa??? girl did Hair Spray on Broadway, so there is precedent there. Tony Danza is just so likeable. He started out in life as a boxer, so I guess he got some of his footwork from that.

As for whoever facetiously suggested Annie Duke, I think she'd be fun to watch, but she probably wouldn't do it. I'd love to see Kevin Bacon do it.

No Survivor or Amazing Race nor any of the housewives, bachelors, or bachelorettes, nor any of the idiots from the let-me-show-how-much-of-a-numbskull-I-really-am shows,r ex-wives/husbands who are famous for being only that. I want actors, sports celebrities (category includes poker players), successful and non-corrupt business people, announcers, comedians, and the like.
    I happen personally to like tony danza. i'm just sayin'...all the nonsense this year about Mel being a ringer, yet there have been celebrities in the past with much more dance experience and real credentials. And more being suggested on these boards for the future.

and, as much as I love my Meli, well, I agree with you entirely that the show has gotten away from the original concept of real celebrities who are successful at something other than dance competing to learn how to dance. maybe it's just the passage of time, or ratings, or our Andy Warhol mindset. But, I'd like to get back to people with some pedigry, not people using the show to build pedigry or rebuild it.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3442168;
    I thought at one time, the producers really frowned on casting reality show "celebs", then they made an exception last season for Kim Kardashian, and this year I think they only did because Holly and Melissa were all that was available on extremely short notice.
    I wasn't aware that they frowned on it, and if they did, when they started because Trista whomever (I think she was the first Bachelorette) was on the first season. In fact, I think she was the first voted off.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I would really like to see Bobby Flay who can only be described as "cool" on the show. He is so nice and genuine. I have seen him twice at the Aspen Food and Wine Festival and he was awesome both times, and what about Padma? That would be fun.

If we are talking food personalities then my vote goes to Paula Deen. I bet she would be just hillarious for the show! They would probably have to bring Corky back to keep her under control though
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3442349;
    I wasn't aware that they frowned on it, and if they did, when they started because Trista whomever (I think she was the first Bachelorette) was on the first season. In fact, I think she was the first voted off.
    Trista was "one of them" (meaning from an ABC show and supposedly so popular, though I think by that time most everyone was tired of her). Not that I care to see every allegedly popular and controversial reality show cast off come onto DWTS. It's annoying now that so many use the show more for the spotlight, to jump start their careers, distance themselves from whatever controversial means made them "famous", so I don't want to see a season where half the cast is TB/ette rejects and a cast that makes 'I'm a Celebrity' look A-list.

John Stamos , Tony Danza, Wayne Brady, Tom Selleck, Erik Estrada
    Lindsey Wagner, Cheryl Ladd

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3442376;
    If we are talking food personalities then my vote goes to Paula Deen. I bet she would be just hillarious for the show! They would probably have to bring Corky back to keep her under control though
    Then they'd need Maks around to keep both Corky and his partner under control There was talk last season that Maks was Cloris's unofficial baby sitter because during commercial breaks she'd be wandering around the set and Corky never paid attention to her. I'd go for Rachael Ray in terms of celebrity chefs.

John Stamos , Tony Danza, Wayne Brady, Tom Selleck, Erik Estrada
    Lindsey Wagner, Cheryl Ladd
    If this show wants to cast a ringer, at least cast a good one. Which is why Tony would get my vote Just give him to Kym or Edyta. And I don't remember if I listed Tom Selleck in my tribute to the 80's, but he's another good one. My mom's already a fan of the show but having her beloved Magnum on would have her power voting like we've never seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3441814;
    I love Tony Danza too. Speaking of other reality shows, there are a lot of colorful Survivor cast offs that would be really fun to see - unfortunately its the wrong network.
    Some of the Survivor cast could be interesting -- just imagine Coach the dragon slayer from this season Toncantins in his spiffy dancing attire on the dance floor -- it would be worse than Cloris wandering around the stage! There is Rueben (fan favorite) and Colby (eye candy) who would be fun. There is always Boston Rob and Amber, although they may have already over done the reality show circuit enough -- I would enjoy seeing Rob on the show.
    Last edited by MiniDiva; 05-10-2009 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3442349;
    I think the first season is an anomaly, because the show wasn't a hit yet and they took whatever they could get as far as "stars" went; hence, Trista. Once it became a ratings bonanza in the second season, they got a little more "picky", but after eight seasons, although the show still generates a lot of interest among Hollywood and the like, I can imagine it is probably getting tougher and tougher to cast big, "show-stopping" names. I would say that Shawn was their biggest "get" this season.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3442787;
    I would say that Shawn was their biggest "get" this season.
    Maybe for some. Shawn was on my I-never-heard-of-them-until-they-were-on-DWTS list.

+ Reply to Thread