+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: ABC's Pick A Pro for Next Season

Premium Member

Re: ABC's Pick A Pro for Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3432989;
    I split my votes between Mayo and Anna. They can really dance. Genya and Afton seem a little too cocky and self assured for my taste. Besides that, they seem to think they can just ride into the position on the backs of their siblings.
    I got that same vibe from Afton. She seemed a bit overconfident as if she knew she had it in the bag on name recognition alone.

I really think that Mayo would be a bad fit for the show. He's too tall and lanky, and a female celeb who is less than 5'10 would be handicapped trying to keep up. Trouble is, he's probably going to win.

Let's hope Allison Janney does next season, LOL.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3433217;
    I really think that Mayo would be a bad fit for the show. He's too tall and lanky, and a female celeb who is less than 5'10 would be handicapped trying to keep up. Trouble is, he's probably going to win.

I had the same feeling from him. Much like Louis can't do this show unless there's a female celeb 5'7" or shorter, I think Mayo will be at a disadvantage being paired up. Besides that, he's the one that comes across as overconfident to me. I'm hoping for Genya or Afton, but would take Anna, as I like her just as much. Mayo just doesn't seem like the right fit.

I'm not really sure why Afton thinks name recognition would get her a spot on the show. Many long time viewers know who Ashly is, but viewers who started tuning in after season 3 probably have no idea. Even those who have watched may not remember. Same with Alec, who's only done 4 seasons total, and except for the first season which he won has had early exits on the other three. Besides, I really want Alec back next season (along with a slew of others) so if Afton or Anna winning makes that happen I'll root for them.

I kind of like Mayo and his height can be an advantage to someone like Stacey Kiebler and her 42" legs.

I can't help but smile when I think of 6'6-1/2" Tommy Tune and tiny, tiny Joyce Ames in Hello, Dolly! I'm sure Mayo is no Tommy Tune, but who is? If Mayo is chosen, I expect they will match him one of the taller celebs since height is always a factor in the pairings.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I think it would be a mistake to cast either Anna or Mayo. They are too tall and will only be used on the off chance they get a tall celeb. Since they often draw from the sports fields, I can see it being easier for them to get a tall male but a female who wouldn't look ridiculous with Mayo? Much harder to do.

I'd rather see them end up with Afton since she's easier to pair off.

Plus something about Anna and Mayo's personalities just rubs me the wrong way. They seem sort of frozen and aloof.

Was it Genya who said he hasn't danced in a while? And yet he's expected to take somebody who has never danced and teach them? Oh yeah, that will go over well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3429350;
    I must say that Anna has the most beautiful eyes. Oh yeah, and she dances pretty good too.
    Definitely, she is pretty enough to be a sucessful model!!!!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3433853;
    I think it would be a mistake to cast either Anna or Mayo. They are too tall and will only be used on the off chance they get a tall celeb. Since they often draw from the sports fields, I can see it being easier for them to get a tall male but a female who wouldn't look ridiculous with Mayo? Much harder to do.

I'd rather see them end up with Afton since she's easier to pair off.

Plus something about Anna and Mayo's personalities just rubs me the wrong way. They seem sort of frozen and aloof.

Was it Genya who said he hasn't danced in a while? And yet he's expected to take somebody who has never danced and teach them? Oh yeah, that will go over well.
    I'd have to go back and watch but I thought he said he hadn't danced ballroom in awhile. Which probably wasn't the smartest thing to say, considering, though I thought they did a great job on their quick step anyway. I do think Mayo will be at a disadvantage for a taller female celeb. There's already enough tall male celebs in Alec, Maks, Tony, Dmitry, and Jonathan. Edyta mentioned she and Kym always get the taller male celebs because they're the two tallest female pros, so Anna might be a good addition in the case. I don't think they'd have any problems with her. I like Anna because she seems different from the mold on DWTS; I don't think Mayo could fit in well but I think she could. However, I'm still hoping for Afton and Genya.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3433217;

Hey, us tall girls can dance too. This brings back painful memories of getting kicked out of ballet (essentially) at like 12-13 when I became 5'10" because I became too tall!!!! And he's only 6'3, so a woman in heels of 5'6 or more is fine. And, trust me, that's not tall. I mean if they can find guys to dance with Lil Kim or Shawn and make it work, they can do the same with a tall guy.

I like Mayo...and not just because he's tall. I think he's real and nice. Also, he has the purest lines and can really move his feet.

FORT Newbie

This is my first post here. I competed for several years in both ballroom and latin and am scratching my head a bit about the comments that Anna and Mayo would be too tall to be cast members. According to their bio info they are 5'11" and 6'3" respectively. They're tall but its not like they are over 7'. Anna could easily partner with a man 6'2" or taller and Mayo with women over 5'8". This is not a hard demographic to meet. In many ways it would give the show a bit more flexibility for casting taller stars. Maks and Tony were a bit borderline for matching the heights of some of their taller 'stars'.

Quote Originally Posted by InCBMP;3434055;
    This is my first post here. I competed for several years in both ballroom and latin and am scratching my head a bit about the comments that Anna and Mayo would be too tall to be cast members. According to their bio info they are 5'11" and 6'3" respectively. They're tall but its not like they are over 7'. Anna could easily partner with a man 6'2" or taller and Mayo with women over 5'8". This is not a hard demographic to meet. In many ways it would give the show a bit more flexibility for casting taller stars. Maks and Tony were a bit borderline for matching the heights of some of their taller 'stars'.
    That is an excellent point you made.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread