+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: ABC's Pick A Pro for Next Season

FORT Fogey

Re: ABC's Pick A Pro for Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyQOC;3423327;
    for some reason, i was under the impression they were eliminating a guy and a girl each week.
    Nope, just double checked on their site to be sure.

Week 1: Six dancers will dance. Each fan can vote up to 6 times during the voting period. The female dancer and the male dancer with the fewest votes will be eliminated.

Week 2: Four dancers will dance. Fans can vote up to 4 times during the voting period. The dancer with the fewest votes, whether male or female, will be eliminated.

Week 3: Three dancers will dance. Fans can vote up to 3 times during the voting period. The dancer with the fewest votes, whether male or female, will be eliminated.

Week 4: The last two dancers will dance. Fans can vote up to 2 times during the voting period.

Week 5: The dancer who received the most votes will be announced on the show.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

My question is, what do they do when it's down to 3 people? Since starting next week, they only eliminate one at a time. Maybe pair all 3 with eliminated pros (like Karina and Dmitry). Or have 2 dance together. And the third dance with a pro?
    I guess we're thinking along the same lines. I went back and double checked because originally I thought after this week they were only eliminating one at a time, and I see I was right. But I am wondering what they'll do at week 3, have them dance solo? Next week with the quick step anyway they need 2 people for that, and if they go solo they wouldn't be able to do any ballroom number.

Week 4: The last two dancers will dance. Fans can vote up to 2 times during the voting period.
    Assuming for a moment a guy and a girl survive to this point (and I think that's very likely, unless Afton and Snow are the last two. I don't think it'll be Genya vs Mayo or Mayo vs Brent) will they dance together, or do their own performance? I like this competition because it's better filler than some doctor telling the rest of us we shouldn't eat 6 pints of ice cream but Kim can because she's out there shaking it, but I also think they should just pick who they want and be done with it. It's obvious if ABC doesn't get the pro they want then they'll just add them in.

FORT Fogey

I'm super confused. I also noticed on ABC's site, voting's STILL open??

I guess they're announcing to us AND to the couples who's eliminated LIVE on next week's show. That doesn't make any sense.

They say that next week's dances are jive and quickstep. But there's still 3 couples left at this point. So are 2 couples assigned jive and one quickstep or something. Then shouldn't the jive couples know that it's one of them that's going since next week will feature 1 quickstep and 1 jive?

Also, what if the two people eliminated are from two different couples. They don't find out they're eliminated until after they've spent a whole week practicing with their partner. So what does the person that hasn't been eliminated do? They can't dance by themselves. They can't dance with the other person that just lost their partner too since they have different dances and choreography.

And it sucks that two people will be eliminated after a whole week of practicing a new dance and it's for nothing. They don't even get to perform it.

Why didn't they just close voting Tuesday night? And just tell the couples privately who was eliminated but film it and show it the following Monday or Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3423333;
    I'm super confused. I also noticed on ABC's site, voting's STILL open??

I guess they're announcing to us AND to the couples who's eliminated LIVE on next week's show. That doesn't make any sense.

They say that next week's dances are jive and quickstep. But there's still 3 couples left at this point. So are 2 couples assigned jive and one quickstep or something. Then shouldn't the jive couples know that it's one of them that's going since next week will feature 1 quickstep and 1 jive?

Also, what if the two people eliminated are from two different couples. They don't find out they're eliminated until after they've spent a whole week practicing with their partner. So what does the person that hasn't been eliminated do? They can't dance by themselves. They can't dance with the other person that just lost their partner too since they have different dances and choreography.

And it sucks that two people will be eliminated after a whole week of practicing a new dance and it's for nothing. They don't even get to perform it.

Why didn't they just close voting Tuesday night? And just tell the couples privately who was eliminated but film it and show it the following Monday or Tuesday.
    You just brought up something I didn't think of, but it's a very good point. What if Brent got eliminated for the guys, but Anna for the girls? That'd leave their original partners without them. Is ABC for sure announcing who's going home on the results show? Maybe I misunderstood, but that really wouldn't make sense (and would really suck, as you said, for the people that practiced and didn't get to show their dance off). Either we're confused or ABC didn't think this through.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3423334;
    You just brought up something I didn't think of, but it's a very good point. What if Brent got eliminated for the guys, but Anna for the girls? That'd leave their original partners without them. Is ABC for sure announcing who's going home on the results show? Maybe I misunderstood, but that really wouldn't make sense (and would really suck, as you said, for the people that practiced and didn't get to show their dance off). Either we're confused or ABC didn't think this through.
    I hope maybe ABC announced the results to the couples already and just forgot to take the voting link off their site. That would make more sense. But that sucks too if there are people that are still voting when it doesn't count anymore.

Or maybe the voting's a cumulative thing? Where the votes from week 1 on count. Not just from the week of the final dance. So voting's open 24/7 until the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3419046;
    I don't like that picture of Genya, either, but I hope he's added on as a pro regardless if he wins. Snow too, and I really hope they're paired up. I think those with a little less name recognition/association of the pros might be gone first. But who knows they might surprise.

And Mayo reminds me of someone, but I can't quite put my finger on it. My first thought was a Seacrest lookalike.
    Doogie Howser, MD?

I think that this is a neat new addition to the show. I like the first couple who danced, I just can't remember their names!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3424984;
    I think that this is a neat new addition to the show. I like the first couple who danced, I just can't remember their names!
    Brent and Afton. Re-watching the couples I wish I had thrown a few votes for Anna, because she really seems like the best fit of the DWTS old school pro mold. I really like Afton and Genya, too. Something about Snow rubbed me the wrong way on repeat viewing, but I don't mind her so much.

Can we have two of these guys? I loved Brent and Afton. They both seemed like they would be so sweet and supportive of their stars. The others? Came off as they would be more like Dmitry and not have much patience for those that need a little extra (ok alot) help.

I really like this addition and hope they do this every season because it makes the results show more bearable!

Who is John Galt?

I had taped the results show and just watched this weekend. Snow is the least interesting to me. I was never impressed with her when she was on SYTYCD and less so now. She just looks cheap and has a brassy personality that is off-putting. I hope she doesn't get picked. Her partner Genya has kind of a Maks sort of personality - masculine, cocky, but cute. Brandon has that Latino flare that is missing in the current pros who primarily hail from eastern Europe. I think he would be a good addition. He partner, Afton is adorable and would also add a lot to the show (she is as good as Ashley IMO). The last two Anna and Mayo are way too tall. Mayo is limited to dancing with the taller celebs and Anna has the same problem. They look good together, but would they fit as well with others. Besides, I will reserve judgement until I see them dance Latin. He just looks kind of skinny/gawky to me (guess he is just not my type) and not masculine enough.

+ Reply to Thread