+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ABC's Pick A Pro for Next Season

Re: ABC's Pick A Pro for Next Season

It's interesting that Nationality is listed as American or Russian, when I've thought of it as your ethnic makeup versus where you were born.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Here's a press release from ABC. Looks like the pro competition begins next week.

Daily News Releases

"Dancing with the Stars" announces the first professional dancer competition where one lucky dancer, determined by viewers' votes, wichampion Ballroom dancer and Burn the Floor creator and choreographer Jason Gilkison. Burn the Floor has thrilled audiences ill become a part of Season Nine's cast. Six professional dancers, three men and three women, will compete live in a weekly dance competition for a guaranteed spot as a professional dancer to be paired with a celebrity on next season's "Dancing with the Stars." This week the six professionals will be paired into three couples and compete in the first round with their chosen style of dance, either Latin or Ballroom. One couple (two professional dancers) will be eliminated based on viewer votes.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3415932;
    It's interesting that Nationality is listed as American or Russian, when I've thought of it as your ethnic makeup versus where you were born.
    Nationality means exactly that--the nation of origin. I.E. when you fill out a customs declaration slip, and there is a blank labeled "nationality', you put USA.

I have watched every season of DWTS, and know Ashley del Grosso was on it for a season or two, but can't picture her to save my life--will have to Google.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3417389;
    Here's a press release from ABC. Looks like the pro competition begins next week.

Daily News Releases
    Thanks for the info. I look forward to "meeting" the possible new pros, and watching them dance.

I really hope Nancy will get to come back next season (as Tony's partner). Of the pre-season rehearsal clips I saw, she looked like she'd be a good dancer (not that I know anything), as well as a fun one to watch.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3415549;
    I'm just glad a certain Schwimmer isn't part of it
    You and me both.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3415776;
    Honestly, I don't think it would be fair if Misty came back. Unlike the other 2, she WAS on the show. And did several dances on the show. It sucks that she went out when she did, but honestly would she have made it much longer anyway? Isn't the one requirement that you not have extensive ballroom training? Hasn't she now had that? I don't think it would be fair to the other competitors who are just starting out to have someone who's already been on the show.
    I was thinking the same thing. That's not to say I didn't enjoy Misty or that I wouldn't like to see her get a second chance, but I really don't think it would be fair.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

I also don't think it would be fair to bring Misty back. It's a shame she had to drop out due to injury, but since she already had time on the show, I don't think it would be fair for her to return. Just my opinion.

What if she were to return at the fourth week (I think that's right for her injury, but perhaps I'm mistaken)? In other words, as far along as she'd gotten before?
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

But then if Jewel and/or Nancy did come back they too would have an advantage over the others since they had their weeks of training before thier injuries.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think I'd be in favor of bringing Misty back. It's not like she left the show because she wanted to, or because she had personal issues come up. Whether she would have lasted long or gone home early we'll never know, but I think she stood a good chance of lasting awhile. Maks seemed really excited having her as a partner. Her dancing left a lot to be desired, but I think that jive she and Maks were supposed to perform could have been her big breakthrough.

But I especially hope Nancy and Jewel get a chance. Nancy's been on my wish list to be on the show, but it's like adding insult to injury not allowing them to come back because she got an injury. Unlike Misty they didn't even get a chance.

I think Jewel and Nancy deserve a second shot at DWTS, I would like to see Misty get a second chance if she only participated in a few shows before her injury which I can't recall. I believe all 3 women required surgery followed by rehabilitation. They would be starting their dance training all over again as none of them dance professionally. Their comeback would rally the audience and fanbase making it an exciting season -- especially Misty. The question is would they be paired with their original partners?

+ Reply to Thread