+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ABC's Pick A Pro for Next Season

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: ABC's Pick A Pro for Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3414706;
    Afton's a girl. LINK

I googled all of them and at first glance, she's my pick.

When are they doing this? During the results shows for the rest of the season?
    Sorry, that's what I meant. Following up with Genya being Alec's brother I wrote that one too many times. I'm assuming this will be during the results show, because I don't see how they could put it on the regular show. And I'm just assuming as well they're ditching the kids ballroom comp, because it seems like a lot to have these two competitions going on at once.

For me, I'd like to keep Afton, Snow, and Genya, and get rid of Lacey, Julianne (who I know isn't returning-for now) and either Derek or Mark. I'll probably be giving my votes to Genya because I've been wanting him to become a pro on here for a long time. I only wish Mak's brother was trying out

Thanks for the info. I really like most of the current pros, so I hate to think of any being replaced. We already know Julianne won't be in next season. As long as Tony is in every season, I'll be happy!

FORT Fogey

Better than watching someone tell us the dancers are nervous and stressed. It will be fun to watch some pros dance and compete on results night. I guess this person will be replacing Julianne. I think Snow has a decent shot because she's well known from SYTYCD. I'm also really looking forward to seeing the pro's siblings dance. I bet they'll be fantastic. Thanks for the news, karalott.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3414831;
    Better than watching someone tell us the dancers are nervous and stressed. It will be fun to watch some pros dance and compete on results night. I guess this person will be replacing Julianne. I think Snow has a decent shot because she's well known from SYTYCD. I'm also really looking forward to seeing the pro's siblings dance. I bet they'll be fantastic. Thanks for the news, karalott.
    Your welcome I wondered what it mean statistics wise-if a male won, then will one of the males on this season definitely not be back next season? If a girl wins, they are taking Julianne's place so all will be well in DWTS world. Although I'm kind of disappointed that some of my favorite pros may not be back next season as a result, but if it meant Genya I'd be happy with that. If I can't have one Mazo I'll take the other. Being a conspiracy theorist, if ABC has a pro in mind they want to win or ends up being impressed with a pro, I wonder if they'll let them come on whether they win or not. I'm surprised Snow and Genya haven't already been added to the show given their ties. Genya's danced in the results shows as well and been on the tour.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3415240;
    Your welcome I wondered what it mean statistics wise-if a male won, then will one of the males on this season definitely not be back next season? If a girl wins, they are taking Julianne's place so all will be well in DWTS world. Although I'm kind of disappointed that some of my favorite pros may not be back next season as a result, but if it meant Genya I'd be happy with that. If I can't have one Mazo I'll take the other. Being a conspiracy theorist, if ABC has a pro in mind they want to win or ends up being impressed with a pro, I wonder if they'll let them come on whether they win or not. I'm surprised Snow and Genya haven't already been added to the show given their ties. Genya's danced in the results shows as well and been on the tour.

They could definitely add more than one from the contest. I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen. And if a guy wins they could just add another girl to replace Julianne. They also seem to keep adding more celebs so maybe next season they go with 14. I hope most of pros on show come back. I wondered about Maks and Karina only because they are getting married soon and might want a little extra time off but I think even they'll be back. Mark and Derek could go when their contracts expire because of their band but they seem to enjoy show so much maybe they'll stay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3415496;
    They could definitely add more than one from the contest. I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen. And if a guy wins they could just add another girl to replace Julianne. They also seem to keep adding more celebs so maybe next season they go with 14. I hope most of pros on show come back. I wondered about Maks and Karina only because they are getting married soon and might want a little extra time off but I think even they'll be back. Mark and Derek could go when their contracts expire because of their band but they seem to enjoy show so much maybe they'll stay too.
    Unless things change or Julianne's music career tanks, I think it's a safe bet she won't be back next season. Derek I read was possibly going to get a role in the remake of 'Footloose'. Between that and his and Mark's music career they may decide to take a season off, but no hints at all of any other pros not returning. I know Maks said he and Karina wanted to be back next season. He hints about Misty possibly coming back so that might be the reason he returns. The producers gave an interview with TV Guide in this week's issue, and were asked if any of the injured contestants who had to withdrawl (Misty, Jewel, and Nancy) were guaranteed a spot in a future season. They said the door was open but their were no promises.

The current pro line up we have is Maks, Tony, Dmitry, Derek, Mark, Jonathan, Karina, Julianne, Lacey, Edyta, Kym, Chelsie, and Cheryl. SCD and other international versions have more than 12 and 13 pros so it's possible DWTS could consider adding another slot. Out of those male pros Jonathan would probably be given the boot if they wanted to add someone. I most want to see Maks, Dmitry, Edyta, Chelsie, and Kym return. I'd love to see Tony, Jonathan, and Karina, along with some former pros come back not on this current season. But I'm pretty happy with the new pros that are up for this contest. I'm just glad a certain Schwimmer isn't part of it

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3415549;
    The producers gave an interview with TV Guide in this week's issue, and were asked if any of the injured contestants who had to withdrawl (Misty, Jewel, and Nancy) were guaranteed a spot in a future season. They said the door was open but their were no promises.
    I know they already asked Jewel to come back next season. But her and Ty are trying to have a baby, so I hope for their sake that she's not back. The producers told her she would be paired with Dmitry again if she comes back.

Nancy said she's already let the producers know that she wants to come back next season but unlike Jewel, they haven't asked her back yet. Guess it depends on whether they can get someone better.

Honestly, I don't think it would be fair if Misty came back. Unlike the other 2, she WAS on the show. And did several dances on the show. It sucks that she went out when she did, but honestly would she have made it much longer anyway? Isn't the one requirement that you not have extensive ballroom training? Hasn't she now had that? I don't think it would be fair to the other competitors who are just starting out to have someone who's already been on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3414714;
    well snow has the upper hand here since people already know her. Unless she screw up or someone else is way better, i think she might be the 3rd SYTYCD alum on DWTS
    LOL, sorry not to be picky, but Snow would be the fourth (Lacey, Dmitry, Chelsie). I would love to watch her - so original and interesting!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

FORT Fogey

I would love to see Louis come back as a past pro...and am intrigued to see these newcomers dance. I didn't watch SYTYCD season 1, started with season 2, so Snow is new to me though I've heard a lot about her.

I'm excited about this! I hope it does take the place of Ballroom Kids, which I didn't enjoy. These kids have impressive resumes so I expect a good showing from them all ... yay! bring it on!
    Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one's own person is its ultimate reward.
    --Patricia Sampson

+ Reply to Thread