+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: ABC's Pick A Pro for Next Season

Who is John Galt?

Re: ABC's Pick A Pro for Next Season

I too am sorry Genya got voted off. Of the three remaining, I hope it is one of the girls. Mayo just does nothing for me. Guess, I just don't care for tall, skinny guys - he looks kind of like a preying mantis - altho he is graceful I'll give him that. But he is also a little feminine for my taste. I like the more masculine males like Maks, Tony, and Alec. Boys like Mark and Derek don't draw my interest either. Genya probably fell in the category between the masculine and boyish types, preferable to Mayo. Oh well.

Of the girls - I kind of prefer Anna over Afton. She is lovely and graceful. Her height might be a bit of a disadvantage and she'd have to be matched with a tall guy or she would overpower her partner. She brings to mind the pairing a few seasons ago of Paulina Poriskova and Alec. She was too tall in heels for him and they did not match at all.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Does anyone know how they're doing the show next week? I heard Tom say something about them choreographing a latin and ballroom routine? I'm hoping for Anna or Afton. I'd rather see Afton get it because I'm bias towards the DelGrosso's but I like both girls equally, for different reasons. Anna seems to have more of the serious, sophisticated, tough love approach and is more ballroom than latin. Afton looks like another Julianne, Chelsie, and Kym, bubbly and a ton of fun who would probably make any of her partners look good and have a good time.

I am really hoping for Afton.....

But I just read that Deric and Mark are thinking about leaving as well, so maybe her and Anna could both get a spot. I really don't care for Mayo and I think it would be really hard to find that many tall celebs. I say bring Louis back.

I think who ever said they have to do both ballroom and latin is correct.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3439427;

But I just read that Deric and Mark are thinking about leaving as well, so maybe her and Anna could both get a spot. I really don't care for Mayo and I think it would be really hard to find that many tall celebs. I say bring Louis back.

Yeah to Louis - he is just so good! They said the remaining two will be paired with one of the pros on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3439427;

I'll take Louis, and also add Alec and Fabian to the list. My dream line up of pros would be Tony, Maks, Dmitry, Jonathan, Alec, Louis, and Fabian (so what if it's 7 and they usually have 6?), and for the ladies Edyta, Kym, Karina, Chelsie, Anna T., and one of the new pros.

Are they dancing with another celeb next week or dancing with a pro? I'll have to go back and see what Tom said.

My memory is failing me here, but I thought Louis had a fundamental disagreement with someone important (ABC, BBC type important) that prevents him from ever appearing as a pro again (although he does seem to reap an assignment or two each season). As I said, I've slept since then, but it seemed fairly serious. As a result, I don't expect he'll ever be back on a weekly (or potentially weekly) basis. I'd love to see Jonathan back.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3439769;
    My memory is failing me here, but I thought Louis had a fundamental disagreement with someone important (ABC, BBC type important) that prevents him from ever appearing as a pro again (although he does seem to reap an assignment or two each season). As I said, I've slept since then, but it seemed fairly serious. As a result, I don't expect he'll ever be back on a weekly (or potentially weekly) basis. I'd love to see Jonathan back.
    I don't know if Louis had any falling out. I know one of the problems he's said he's had is finding a partner to match his height (he's only 5'7" I believe). There's been plenty of partners in seasons 5, 7, and 8 he could have had so I wish they'd brought him back. I know Nick Kosovich (from seasons 2 and 3) and Brian Fortuana (from season 4) supposedly had a falling out with the show and producers and that's why they haven't returned. I only heard about those recently, so if Louis had some issue, I haven't heard about it I do hope if Jonathan comes back he gets a good, decent partner. He's another in the long list who's paid his dues.

Anna needs to be on the show, that's all I'm gonna say.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3439821;
    I don't know if Louis had any falling out.
    I went back and googled it. He did have a falling out, with Carrie Ann(e?), about choreography. Since she seems (for whatever reason) to be a key to the show, he won't be back, until she's gone.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Newbie

I am pulling for Anna to win. Not only was Maurice's tango to the best routine, it would be nice to see a ballroom speciallist on the show for a change.

+ Reply to Thread