+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 263

Thread: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

  1. #251
    Bigfoot love DWTS! RickiRick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    336

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    I agree that the Dance Off is not working well. I really thought the purpose was to prevent another Cloris, but unless the judges use a different scoring standard for the Dance Off than they used on Monday then it doesn't give the judges any more clout than they had before.

    I think it could be tweaked (as I suggested on another post) to let the Dance Off count for 1/3 of their total score, which would then give the judges 2/3 of the total score and the fans 1/3. The fans would still have 1/2 of the vote to determine who is in the bottom two, so their vote would still be important. This approach would send the Cloris (or Steve) types away a week or two sooner, keep the drama of the Dance Off, and overall be an improvement.

    If they are going to keep the same rules, I'd just as soon return the old format of allowing the best couple to dance again.

  2. #252
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick;3395167;
    I agree that the Dance Off is not working well. I really thought the purpose was to prevent another Cloris, but unless the judges use a different scoring standard for the Dance Off than they used on Monday then it doesn't give the judges any more clout than they had before.

    I think it could be tweaked (as I suggested on another post) to let the Dance Off count for 1/3 of their total score, which would then give the judges 2/3 of the total score and the fans 1/3. The fans would still have 1/2 of the vote to determine who is in the bottom two, so their vote would still be important. This approach would send the Cloris (or Steve) types away a week or two sooner, keep the drama of the Dance Off, and overall be an improvement.

    If they are going to keep the same rules, I'd just as soon return the old format of allowing the best couple to dance again.
    The problem is that it doesn't matter how they tweak the format, if the disparity in fan vote between the bottom two is too great to make up the difference. Denise's votes must have really plummeted after her samba (maybe Maks' fans decided to stop voting to end his misery) for her to have lost out to Woz this week by at least two places, when last week she was ahead of him, with a lower judges' percentage spread.

  3. #253
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick;3395167;
    I agree that the Dance Off is not working well. I really thought the purpose was to prevent another Cloris.
    We haven't had a Cloris v. Sabrina dance-off yet, only a Cloris v. Cloris, so it wouldn't really make a difference at this point. When we have a Cloris going head-to-head with a Sabrina, hopefully it will make a difference then.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  4. #254
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3395222;
    We haven't had a Cloris v. Sabrina dance-off yet, only a Cloris v. Cloris, so it wouldn't really make a difference at this point. When we have a Cloris going head-to-head with a Sabrina, hopefully it will make a difference then.
    Now THAT is an excellent point. I never felt that Sabrina was disliked whatsoever, just taken for granted. Hopefully this would work as a remedy for that type of situation, which I felt the producers, etc. did not desire nor anticipate. I guess it's worth slogging through a bunch of these non-event Dance-Offs to keep another "Sabrina" episode from happening.

  5. #255
    FORT Fan FableChild's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    291

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Actually the dance off might have worked well in Albert Reed's and Ted McGuinley's cases, and few others voted off too soon who actually showed potential just lacked a fanbase, but as it stands now, it's just getting rid of the dead weight and is a boring part of the show, and I hope ABC drops it.
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

  6. #256
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by FableChild;3395618;
    Actually the dance off might have worked well in Albert Reed's and Ted McGuinley's cases, and few others voted off too soon who actually showed potential just lacked a fanbase, but as it stands now, it's just getting rid of the dead weight and is a boring part of the show, and I hope ABC drops it.
    I agree. The dance off would have been a good idea, but it came a few seasons too late. Although the judges scores might still not have helped, but it would have been worth a try. I can't remember, but did Master P ever make the bottom 2before finally being put out of his misery? That might have spared us that 4 weeks of torture (not to mention poor Ashly).

  7. #257
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,257

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    DWTS has to be the most dangerous show on tv now-a-days. Who da thunk?!?

    ---- which is not to make light of the Shawn Johnson situation, which is very, very scary.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-29-2009 at 12:25 AM.

  8. #258
    Helplessly Hoping AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,879

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3392019;
    It was her unsubstantiated, unproven accusations of child molestation that went over the line for me. She had a new accusation against him every other week.. all of which were designed to destroy whatever reputation he had. I can't respect a person that pulls crap like that.
    That is what did it for me as well. I don't have a lot of respect for Sheen, but you don't use kids like that. I really feel for her kids. They are going to have a lot to sort out when they get older. The only good thing is that the paparazzi weren't as prevalent then.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

  9. #259
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    891

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick;3395167;
    I agree that the Dance Off is not working well. I really thought the purpose was to prevent another Cloris, but unless the judges use a different scoring standard for the Dance Off than they used on Monday then it doesn't give the judges any more clout than they had before.

    I think it could be tweaked (as I suggested on another post) to let the Dance Off count for 1/3 of their total score, which would then give the judges 2/3 of the total score and the fans 1/3. The fans would still have 1/2 of the vote to determine who is in the bottom two, so their vote would still be important. This approach would send the Cloris (or Steve) types away a week or two sooner, keep the drama of the Dance Off, and overall be an improvement.

    If they are going to keep the same rules, I'd just as soon return the old format of allowing the best couple to dance again.
    I so agree. It's the worst unnecessary change in format since...well, since they brought the stupid Judge's save to AI.

  10. #260
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    64

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    I hope this is a simple question, but here it goes. Does anybody know exactly how the scoring is done? I realize they say it is a combination of the judges scores and the voting, but just how exactly does this work? Is it merely by being ranked the highest on the leader board by the judges get the most points (in this case, twelve couples the highest gets a twelve, next highest an eleven and so on) and the same with the voting (the couple with the highest total gets a twelve, etc) or is it done some other way? I have always wondered this but have never really been sure just how it is done.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.