+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 263

Thread: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

  1. #211
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie24;3392637;
    I think the fans will decide who wins. The judges scores just don't make a difference unless it is really tight and I dont' think this dance-off idea is working.
    Maybe not, but we have yet to be in a position where a really good dancer is in danger of being eliminated in favour of a poor but popular dancer. Should the time come when this is the situation, and the original scores are reasonably close together, the judges are in a position to amend their scores in such a manner that the public vote will have less of an effect.

    Honestly, in the past two dance offs, it didn't really matter which participant left, either in terms of skill or popularity.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  2. #212
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    482

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3392672;
    Maybe not, but we have yet to be in a position where a really good dancer is in danger of being eliminated in favour of a poor but popular dancer. Should the time come when this is the situation, and the original scores are reasonably close together, the judges are in a position to amend their scores in such a manner that the public vote will have less of an effect.

    Honestly, in the past two dance offs, it didn't really matter which participant left, either in terms of skill or popularity.
    True enough. Maybe the dance-off's will become more interesting as we get further into the season.

  3. #213
    Shoveling the ocean MissThing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Camp Quicherbichen
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie24;3392678;
    True enough. Maybe the dance-off's will become more interesting as we get further into the season.
    Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought the dance-offs were only for the first few weeks.

    Frankly, I think going back to the bottom pair, and using some other filler is better. Hopefully, this concepto (like a typo, only for a concept) will only last one season.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

  4. #214
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    482

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3392681;
    Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought the dance-offs were only for the first few weeks.

    Frankly, I think going back to the bottom pair, and using some other filler is better. Hopefully, this concepto (like a typo, only for a concept) will only last one season.
    I just assumed the dance-off would happen up until the finale. One thing interesting about the dance-off is that it does actually reveal the bottom 2. I think in the past they haven't always revealed who the bottom 2 were so fans didn't always know if their favorites were in jeopardy. Maybe Woz pulled more votes this week because his fans knew he was in jeopardy based on being in the bottom 2 last week.

  5. #215
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    580

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by justsaying;3392477;
    It might help to put his comment in the perspective of someone who was repeatedly approached by ABC to appear on the show, turned it down twice, and was finally persuaded to be the nice guy the fans could root for. If you see the rankings as based soley on dancing technique then Steve's statement is understandably mond boggling. If you see that the entertainment factor and fan base is part of the calculations, then you can understand where Steve was coming from. Steve knows he's not the best dancer and declined the invitation to be on the show accordingly, but was convinced that that wasn't what it was all about and was willing to come aboard and be the nice guy that the producers wanted to have in their mix. There are enough fans are holding true to this prediction, that a nice guy to root for is who some people can behind. Understanding that this is a prime time entertainment show, that votes are based on more than only the technical aspects of the performance, and that he had fan support, Steve's comment can make sense.
    Once again yes, maybe he can survive even if he's a bad dancer, but to assume that your necessarily going to survive because of voters when your the worst dancer, isn't right. It's arogant, to be quite frank. And it was wrong for him to question the integrity of the show.

    So he's a nice guy, Gilles is a nice guy too. Melissa is a nice girl, Shawn is a sweetheart...Etc. You dont' see Gilles saying I'm Mr. Sexy everyone is going to vote for me do you?

  6. #216
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Woz does come off a little nutty saying he was only in B2 for ratings when he's a bad dancer. It's not too upsetting he stayed last night because Denise and Holly aren't contenders either. I do think next time he's in B2 he will go home.

  7. #217
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    580

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3392736;
    Woz does come off a little nutty saying he was only in B2 for ratings when he's a bad dancer. It's not too upsetting he stayed last night because Denise and Holly aren't contenders either. I do think next time he's in B2 he will go home.
    Well yeah, I don't care so much that Belinda or Denise are gone first. But I was just really turned off when I heard Woz was all it must be producer manipulation for me to be in the Bottom 2. I thought it was arogant and wrong on a lot of levels and it makes me want him GONE.

  8. #218
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc;3392743;
    Well yeah, I don't care so much that Belinda or Denise are gone first. But I was just really turned off when I heard Woz was all it must be producer manipulation for me to be in the Bottom 2. I thought it was arogant and wrong on a lot of levels and it makes me want him GONE.
    When I first read the article I thought it was tongue-in-cheek. I didn't even realize he was being serious because he's a bad dancer. It was when the articles of him apologizing came out that I fully understood he was being serious. I can see why you are turned off. It sounds very conceited given his skill level.

    I do hope he goes this week in DE or at latest the following week because if he doesn't leave soon better dances will start to go first and it becomes a joke.

  9. #219
    FORT Fan Peacheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    316

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    It appears that I was wrong to have concluded that this show is about dancing. As a former ballroom instructor, I had hoped for more. I've seen hundreds of amateur dancers who are better than either of the Steves, including every dancer on this show from the first week.

    Perhaps I'm simply a purist, but I could only cringe and be embarrassed for dance as an art from when watching Belinda, Steve-O or Steve W.

  10. #220
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,146

    Re: 3/24 Show Discussion **spoilers**

    The show has always been about popularity. Anytime you involve the audience, that is going to happen.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.