+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 3/23 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 3/23 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3391282;
    It also doesn't hurt that Gilles has a great deal of natural charisma, whereas Melissa has none whatsoever. All else (training, inherent ability, et al) being equal, that makes Gilles the far more appealing dancer to watch.
    I think Melissa has a LOT of natural charisma. Guess we all see different things. I think Gilles has a lot more going on in the looks department than he does with the natural charisma, and I don't mind a bit. He is HOT and knows how to move.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3391085;
    The show, especially the judges, has forgotten that these people, aside from maybe Melissa, do not want to and have never been dancers. This is supposed to be entertainment. Poor Woz he is a horrible dancer, but he is so happy and having so much fun, and than the looks on the judges faces is just heartbreaking. This is not a professional contest. I can understand the judges on American Idol or America's Got Talent being harsh because the contestants are pursuing a career and need to be taught, but this is getting out of hand. You have a girl who has danced, not ballroom, but danced learned routines been in front of an audience against a guy who makes computers, a playboy model, and many others who have never touched anything remotely resembling dancing. For me the judges being so harsh on Woz and some of the others is taking my joy out of the show. I can tell by Maks and Karina and some others that their joy is dimenishing being on the show too.
    I feel you. The joy that Woz gets out of this is as worthwhile as a perfect dance from someone who exudes no emotion. I felt really badly for him last night - it wasn't great, but he didn't deserve such low scores or the browbeating he got. He "gets" what he supposed to get from dancing - the joy.

Quote Originally Posted by betteD08;3391299;
    Anyone else DREADING the dance-off tonight??? I just don't want to see Woz or Steve-O or even Holly or Denise for that matter repeat that performance. Woz and Steve-O were just dreadful. Injuries or not I just can't bear it. Not to mention they're trotting Cloris Leachman out too? How much bad-dancing can I take in an hour? I guess I find out tonight.
    Gag!

Woz was not good, but not as bad as Cloris, and she got higher scores.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The sad thing is, Woz takes a beating, yet they're bringing Cloris back to demonstrate next week's dances. Can't they leave it to the professionals? She may no longer be competing, but I'm sure the judges will just love her

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3391231;
    After this many season, I no longer care how the 'stars' get there or why they are there. All that matters to me is that they are there, so I just enjoy the dancing, vote in accordance with what I see, and leave the rest of it aside.
    AMEN! And each and every dancer (pro and amateur) have a personality. At this point, I can remember each and everyone in this competition even if I never heard of them before.

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3390736;
    Cheryl's outfit is hurting my eyes. Someone needs to tell her that hot pink and red do NOT go together!

Cheryl had a - what color now? - dress on? I didn't notice.

I love Ty! I love to listen to his comments during rehearsal time. I bet his buddies are having fun watching this. And IMO he's a good dancer!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3391316;
    I was glad to see the majority of the celebs step up their game last night. Refreshing to finally see David get some fair marks. That dance definitely took advantage of his strengths.
    I am glad that Shawn did a lot better, but wish they'd put better fitting outfits on her. At this point, she looks like she's wearing her mother's clothes and it's distracting from her dancing.
    I felt so bad for Chelsie's tumble. They recovered extremely well and am glad to see Ty doing better and enjoying himself.
    What is with the tons of garish makeup on these women, though? When you see the vignettes showing the training, they're usually sans makeup or with very little makeup. They usually look so much better without the heavy makeup. In the case of Chelsie, you could see how young and sweet she looks without all the makeup. I almost didn't recognize her.
    I think they are putting Shawn in the cutout dresses to give the illusion that she has more of a waist. Since she is young and fit (all muscle, no flab), she can pull it off, but I don't think it is the most flattering look they could come up with for her.

As far as the makeup, ballroom dancing is notorious for outrageously over-the-top makeup on the women, including lots of false eyelashes, body glitter and a comeback for bright blue and green eyeshasdow. I just hope all the women are having fun with it!
    Last edited by ironcat; 03-24-2009 at 05:59 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3391455;
    I think they are putting Shawn in the cutout dresses to give the illusion that she has more of a waist. Since she is young and fit (all muscle, no flab), she can pull it off, but I don't think it is the most flattering look they could come up with for her.
    I would have covered her middle. The cutout seem to accentuate the fact that she is square throughout the middle. It calls more attention to it rather than less.

FORT Fanatic

I don't think that going into to DWTS that Shawn was in the same shape she was at the Olympics... Training 4 hours a day every day will do wonders for keeping off puberty. Plus, gymnasts have notoriously small diets (sadly)...Shawn's regime changed big time after the Olympics. Dancing is probably one of the ways she can see if she can get into Olympic shape again. Once puberty happens, it's difficult to turn it back.

I bet Shawn is really tiny in person though.. But Mark's costume choices do nothing for her.
    Last edited by bekalc; 03-24-2009 at 06:52 PM.

I meant to mention last week that I was delighted to see Jan and Mickey Rooney in the audience. He's been in show business for more than 80 years!

Also enjoyed the week before seeing Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic of Castle. Of course they were there to promote the series, but I'd love to see him on DWTS. Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog showed us he can sing, but I'll wager he might be able to dance, too.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread