+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 3/23 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 3/23 Show Discussion **spoilers**

To me this show is all about 'fun' anyway. If you have ever seen the professional ballroom competitions on PBS, or, heck, even the DWTS dances with the pros dancing together, you know even the very best of the 'stars' are doing very easy versions of the dances. Not that I want to see Master P, Cloris Leachman, Woz or Wayne Newton (remember Wayne, the poster who said Cheryl always gets lucky?) win the competition, but it's fun to watch. Even Master P--it was fun to laugh at his "Frankenstein-ish' attempts dancing.
    I do want to see improvement, and like to see non-dancers like Ty come out of their shells to do really well. I think everyone should remember, they all get paid the same, most don't need the money, and the prize is a disco ball; I don't care that some are younger, fitter, or have more experience that might give them a little edge.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fanatic

Of course Melissa's numbers are falling. How long can you be a celebrity based on the fact you were dumped on national tv? She will be forgotten very soon, unless she does a Playboy spread. Or maybe one of those "how did this personal sex tape get released to the public?

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3391248;
    I agree that several people have "unfair advantages" for different reasons. It's part of the show. I also think that Gilles natural ability to dance is as good or better than Melissa's. He is getting very high scores. It doesn't hurt to have Cheryl as his instructor and partner either.
    It also doesn't hurt that Gilles has a great deal of natural charisma, whereas Melissa has none whatsoever. All else (training, inherent ability, et al) being equal, that makes Gilles the far more appealing dancer to watch.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3391155;
    Melissa's "unfair advantage" in dancing has been more than offset by Gilles' charisma and Shawn's competitive discipline.
    Gilles may not be a huge star but he definitely has "star quality" and he earned his place the hard way.
    Shawn was a champion on the biggest stage in the world.
    Melissa's notariety stems from her being the most famous "dumpee" in the country right now - something she previously was only known for among her friends and family. The opinion polls show her fading and, actually, her numbers are running slightly behind Ty at this point.
    I'm just wondering where I can find the opinion polls? I'd like to take a look. Thanks!
    Darn Kangaroos!! I am le tired.

FORT Regular

Anyone else DREADING the dance-off tonight??? I just don't want to see Woz or Steve-O or even Holly or Denise for that matter repeat that performance. Woz and Steve-O were just dreadful. Injuries or not I just can't bear it. Not to mention they're trotting Cloris Leachman out too? How much bad-dancing can I take in an hour? I guess I find out tonight.
    "The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3391002;
    I have only seen bits and pieces from this show in the past but it seems like Cheryl gets mighty 'lucky' with her partners... is this totally random?
    I don't know if it's random or not - but she seems like an exceptional instructor and I'd like to see what she could produce with someone like Woz or the rodeo guy.

Quote Originally Posted by dondiego;3391301;
    I don't know if it's random or not - but she seems like an exceptional instructor and I'd like to see what she could produce with someone like Woz or the rodeo guy.
    She did get Wayne Newton one year, which wasn't pretty.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I was glad to see the majority of the celebs step up their game last night. Refreshing to finally see David get some fair marks. That dance definitely took advantage of his strengths.
    I am glad that Shawn did a lot better, but wish they'd put better fitting outfits on her. At this point, she looks like she's wearing her mother's clothes and it's distracting from her dancing.
    I felt so bad for Chelsie's tumble. They recovered extremely well and am glad to see Ty doing better and enjoying himself.
    What is with the tons of garish makeup on these women, though? When you see the vignettes showing the training, they're usually sans makeup or with very little makeup. They usually look so much better without the heavy makeup. In the case of Chelsie, you could see how young and sweet she looks without all the makeup. I almost didn't recognize her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

Rufus writes > "I'm just wondering where I can find the opinion polls?"

I'm not sure about opinion polls, but according to the Nielsen ratings, DWTS had their largest premiere audience to date on 3/9 with 22.5 million viewers, and 20+ million viewers on 3/16 & 3/23.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus;3391285;
    I'm just wondering where I can find the opinion polls? I'd like to take a look. Thanks!
    I've seen a few on various sites. Perhaps a Google session is in order .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread