+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 3/23 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Re: 3/23 Show Discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by illusions;3390993;
    ITA. Maybe with Mel going back home it cut into some practice time but after the salsa last week I thought he would have come up with something a little more "wow".
    I agree, I think Tony is a great dancer, but he tends to "dumb down" his choreography for his partners. I'd like to see him challenge his partners like Maks and Alec and Louis. They don't/didn't go easy on their partners but challenged them. Tony's choreography always tends to be a bit slow and cautious. He has a decent partner, he needs to throw challenges out there, you don't know what they can do unless you give it to them.

And, Carrie Ann and Bruno were harsh tonight. Never thought I'd say that Len was the nicer of the three.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fanatic

I thought Gilles, Shawn, Melissa, Lil Kim and Ty were all fantastic tonight. Everyone else; not so much. I loved Gilles mom! I was surprised Carrie Ann gave Melissa a 9 after what she had to say to her. I definitely came off as negative. I love Melissa but didn't feel it as much tonight for them as the past 2 weeks. I think the choreography could have been better.

First, I am a big fan of Melissa but I understand what Carrie Ann was saying about more challenges (I hope Tony listens).
    Second, Steve-O, Lil Kim and Ty are really starting to grow on me-I feel like they are all putting in a lot of hard work.
    As for the others, they are kinda boring, particularly Chuck and Julianne (sp?) they just seem to lack something to me, I always forget their performance.

I have only seen bits and pieces from this show in the past but it seems like Cheryl gets mighty 'lucky' with her partners... is this totally random?

The musical choices tonight were some of the worst I can remember in seven seasons of watching this show. The only couples that got decent samba music were Woz/Karina and Kim/Derek. Even Gilles, who did a great job, didn't have the right music for what is supposed to be an upbeat party dance. The song was sexy, no doubt, but too dark and ominous sounding. IMO samba is supposed to make you think of Carneval in Rio, and most of these songs were really off the mark.

The foxtrot choices were better, but I think Shawn/Mark had too sweet/slow a song that was more fitting for a waltz. I think foxtrot is supposed to be a little jazzy and "cool", and I love when they do side-by-side work. S/M didn't, but then it wouldn't have fit with the music they had.

Overall disappointing for me, and I think many of the couples would have done better with more appropriate music.

I didn't even watch all the performances; I only watched Mel, Ty and Woz, but plan to catch up with Shawn and Gilles.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3391002;
    First, I am a big fan of Melissa but I understand what Carrie Ann was saying about more challenges (I hope Tony listens).
    Second, Steve-O, Lil Kim and Ty are really starting to grow on me-I feel like they are all putting in a lot of hard work.
    As for the others, they are kinda boring, particularly Chuck and Julianne (sp?) they just seem to lack something to me, I always forget their performance.

I have only seen bits and pieces from this show in the past but it seems like Cheryl gets mighty 'lucky' with her partners... is this totally random?
    I'd say luck. Cheryl is one heck of a dancer and teacher and has come up with some of the best routines this show has seen. I think she really challenges her partners and wants to bring out the best in them, but at the same time works with what she has and doesn't push them beyond their limits. I do think the producers might not have expected her to do as well with Ian, Cristian, Maurice, and now Gilles. Cristian and Gilles weren't exactly well knowns but Gilles looks well as his way to the final 3. I don't think it's a coincidence she's gotten 2 latin heartthrobs, though. Given the lineup I'd say the producers were/are expecting a female victory. And speaking of Gilles, did he almost take a tumble down the stairs? Given the injury pile up, why are they taking any chances?

And it looks like they have the longer version theme song from SCD. The band butchers the songs but watching some international versions I don't think they're bands do much better. I don't think the overall song choices are bad, but they don't fit the dances they're picked for.

And what in the heck was up CA's and Bruno's behinds tonight? Didn't CA get caught signing autographs last season instead of watching the dances?
    Last edited by karalott; 03-24-2009 at 12:02 AM.

FORT Fogey

Tony D. is my favorite male dancer for my generation (Mark B. is my second for the younger generation). I'm really glad he has a good partner this season. However, I think Melissa's experience gives her a tremendously unfair advantage. For that reason, and I hate to say it, I kind of hope they don't win.

I didn't watch the last couple of seasons, but I like this season's cast. It's very ecclectic.

Plus, the songs seem so much better than they have been in recent seasons.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-24-2009 at 12:24 AM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't dislike this season (so far). I don't like that it seems so predictable who the final 3/4 is going to be, but with all the injuries going on, I guess that's a given. The injuries have certainly put a damper on this season, especially since one of my pre-season favorites was one of the ones who had to pull out. I can't believe I'm saying this about the guy who was on Jackass of all shows but for Steve-O's sake I almost hope he gets eliminated before he has to drop out or injures himself further. I'm not liking the judges much this season compared to others. Bruno has gotten nasty and OTT. CA has gotten b****ier and less spacy compared to last, and I wish she'd find something else to criticize than illegal lifts. Since I don't think she knows what she's talking about I think that's all she can go on. I'm also tired of their blantant favoritism and hypocrisy. I'd love to see Woz stick around just to spite them.

But I love the new stage, red room, and am surprised by the little people that could (LT-who doesn't seem to generate much interest, Gilles, and Ty). Tom is funny as always. It's enjoyable so far.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-24-2009 at 12:50 AM.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3391002;
    It might be partly due to luck, but I think she is a great teacher who is able to find her partners' strengths and choreograph to accent those strengths and minimize their weaknesses.

FORT Fogey

I like the season so far too. B2 could be interesting tonight. I would guess it will be Woz, O or Denise. I'm curious to see how Woz does because being in B2 and making it through can be a blessing in disguise. If your fans haven't been voting it will get them to pick up the phone and dial more. If it is Woz and O in the B2 Woz will prob go but part of me wishes O would instead because he just seems to be in so much pain. When they were done dancing Lacey asked him like four times if he was okay. That's not good.

Ty has improved a lot and Chelsie is a really good teacher. I was also happy for DAG. He worked hard and it showed.

+ Reply to Thread