+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: DWTS Results Show 3/17/09 **SPOILERS**

Re: DWTS Results Show 3/17/09 **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3385987;
    Well since I never met her I have no idea if she is nice or not, and frankly do not care. I just do not care about her period one way or the other. I want to see a dancing show where celebrities learn to dance with professionals. Melissa is not a celebrity, and is only on the show for ratings period. I do not care if she is nice, cute, etc she is not a celebrity so I do not want to see her on DWTS.
    Yeah Melissa being a celebrity is a huge stretch. Melissa is a woman that got dumped on tv and nothing more. If we have her then what's next? The girls of Flavor of love, Rock of love and I love money. I will take a man that is famous for getting paid to play a sexy man in a Movie to some Bachelor's dumped jump off.:nono
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-18-2009 at 11:17 AM.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3385997;
    Even her fans likely haven't met her so who knows what she's like in real life. They want her for ratings and to be America's sweetheart so that's the storyline they'll go with (and I'll eat nails if she wins and they bring up how she was a replacement who started with 48 hours of practice and defied the odds). Somehow I think she'll be America's sweetheart to the end or if ABC realizes it'll be another Kelly wins over John they may put her in the most diva like light. I'm with you, I don't hate Melissa, Denise, Steve-O, Lacey, Jewel, etc. I just don't care for them.

This is an opinion forum, so not everyone is going to like or dislike the same people, all for their own reasons. I never heard of Melissa until the whole drama over what did or didn't happen between her and that guy but I find her boring and overrated. Nice girl, but boring. And I don't really see how the guy she broke up with would be eating his words now
    Ok, I thought I was swimming upstream here but it's nice that there is diversity of opinion.
    I like women, almost all women, but Melissa just isn't someone I would be interested in. The over the top full face smiles/laughing are annoying, and she should have had that overbite corrected years ago.
    I think Gilles and Shawn are better dancers too.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3386046;
    Ok, I thought I was swimming upstream here but it's nice that there is diversity of opinion.
    I like women, almost all women, but Melissa just isn't someone I would be interested in. The over the top full face smiles/laughing are annoying, and she should have had that overbite corrected years ago.
    I found Melissa's facial expressions annoying at times myself, but I disagree with the idea that Shawn/Gilles are better dancers they aren't. Gilles is definetly sexier and perhaps the better performer, but he doesn't have Melissa's lightness or grace. Shawn also lacks flow.

Melissa is a bit rough around the edges due to lack of training, BUT I think that her ballroom basics are only going to improve. I suspect that Len is judging Melissa a little bit harder than he's judging Gilles or Shawn because of Melissa's previous experience.
    Last edited by bekalc; 03-18-2009 at 02:51 AM.

FORT Fogey

Half these people aren't stars. lol Somecome from reality tv and many others were in bands, shows and movies a while back and are looking for publicity and to make a comeback. It's a fun show that gets tons of coverage. I don't blame them for wanting to do the show.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3386073;
    Half these people aren't stars. lol Somecome from reality tv and many others were in bands, shows and movies a while back and are looking for publicity and to make a comeback. It's a fun show that gets tons of coverage. I don't blame them for wanting to do the show.
    Thank you. AS for Gilles his scene in Sex and the City may be memorable but it's only if you've actually seen that movie, which many people did not.

It's not like Brad Pitt is going on this show. :

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3386044;
    Yeah Melissa being a celebrity is a huge stretch. Melissa is a woman that got dumped on tv and nothing more. If we have her then what's next? The girls of Flavor of love, Rock of love and I love money.
    Yeah, they might bring on someone who is famous for being part of Hef's harem. How low could they go?

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc;3386081;
    Thank you. AS for Gilles his scene in Sex and the City may be memorable but it's only if you've actually seen that movie, which many people did not.

I have seen that movie several times. Have it on DVD in fact. If they hadn't explained who he was, I would never have recognized him. I really didn't care for his storyline in the movie and didn't pay that much attention to him. Even if I had, it wouldn't be his face I was looking at so I wouldn't have recognized him anyway.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3386046;
    Former pro Louis disagrees:

Gilles Marini:
    "Great hold. They were the couple who were actually absolutely in close hold, always touching each other. Did Gilles deserve one point higher than Melissa? Not sure."

Melissa Rycroft: "She’s absolutely the best dancer. Sometimes it was very steppy, she could have been more fluid, but great personality. For the final, there are three contenders right now for two spots: her, Gilles and Shawn. We’ll see what happens."
    Louis van Amstel talks 'Dancing' injuries, eliminations - Who's News Blog - USAWEEKEND.com

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc;3386063;
    I found Melissa's facial expressions annoying at times myself, but I disagree with the idea that Shawn/Gilles are better dancers they aren't. Gilles is definetly sexier and perhaps the better performer, but he doesn't have Melissa's lightness or grace. Shawn also lacks flow.

Melissa is a bit rough around the edges due to lack of training, BUT I think that her ballroom basics are only going to improve. I suspect that Len is judging Melissa a little bit harder than he's judging Gilles or Shawn because of Melissa's previous experience.
    It's really hard to take personal bias out of the equation, and I admit that I was a huge fan of Shawn during the Olympics - she was the team captain and the glue that held them together, very mature, poised, and tough as nails. Never heard of Gilles before last week. I watched The Bachelor and liked Melissa, but admittedly was tired of everyone on the show by the time it was over.
    With that disclosure, I went back and watched the top 3 (Gilles, Melissa, and Shawn) focusing just on the footwork and body movement. Shawn, not surprisingly, was near perfect - very crisp. Gilles is just a good dancer all the way around. Great fluidity.
    I had read the reviews before I watched the show, and quite honestly was expecting more from Melissa. She's very good, but not Brooke Burke good, and that's the build up she had gotten from the people on this board who just adore her and can't see past it. Maybe because I like her less than some others I'm not giving her a fair shot.
    But she is a polarizing figure - loved by some, and really disliked by others - and since this is a popularity contest, I don't think she can win it. The public is fickle, and they are just warming up to Gilles, but not yet tired of him, so I think he may win. Forget about not having a fan base - nobody had heard of Brooke this time last year.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc;3386081;

He's a nice guy but a relatively unknown actor who was very smart to jump on this opportunity. I think he will get more offers as a result of it.

And no Brad and Angelina won't be signing up. :

+ Reply to Thread