+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 185859606162636465666768
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

I never really understood the voting process for this show in regards to when and how they let people vote. People can start phone voting when the show starts, but only stays open a half hour after the show (I remember Samantha Harris saying that was generous), but online voting is through the next day, and you can create as many e-mail accounts as you like (despite the show saying after the Bristol fiasco they were going to try and better monitor IPs that were coming through). I also notice that Tom has never given an exact estimate as to how many votes come through, just that "millions of you voted". I wonder if the vote count isn't really that high

DialIdol says:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Shawn and Derek. Shocker, I know.

DialIdol.com - Measuring the busy signal.

It will be interesting to see if this holds up. Many other weeks this season they have had one pair way out in front and almost everyone else lumped together in a dead heat.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Usually the "raw numbers are a more accurate predictor than the DialIdol score:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Raw numbers have Kelly way out in first.

But to be honest, DialIdol hasn't been very accurate in general for a while now. I think it's because more people vote online now, and DI only tracks phone votes.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Oh thanks, MFW. That's really interesting.

And I can't remember if we've discussed this before but I think DialIdol only tracks the East Coast because I never see the numbers change after voting for the other time zones.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Usually the "raw numbers are a more accurate predictor than the DialIdol score:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Raw numbers have Kelly way out in first.

But to be honest, DialIdol hasn't been very accurate in general for a while now. I think it's because more people vote online now, and DI only tracks phone votes.
    I saw another poll that had her winning. I never believe polls, they dont know how people are going to vote, because we change when a favourite is eliminated. I was splitting votes, and voting for Apolo.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

A couple of notes right off! Both contestants have wonderful dispositions and are excellent dancers. My life would not be changed in any way if either contestant had won, and I don't say that with any snark at all. With that in mind and knowing that I couldn't change anything even if I did have my heart dead set on it, I simply enjoy watching and trying to figure out who might win!

Next, to my knowledge we have nothing out there that gives us any totally accurate picture as to which contestant is actually winning DWTS. We can see how well the odds makers fared!
    The judges do their thing, but it actually comes down to the fans, and we have seen that happen before. The problem is that we never see a count of the fan vote, so we have no actual idea of how it is really going. We only see the judges's scores. We can't accurately gauge the fan bases.

Now, I have heard all the arguments about Dial Idol, and they are all true. DI does not measure the text votes, it does not measure the on-line votes ( which in this case did not come into play anywyay), and it only measures the calls for 1 hour.
    However, it is an indicator - a gauge of how the early votes are going - in a similar manner to the polls around election time, and it is all that we have as limited as it is.

I'm afraid this is going to get too long, so I am going to go to another post, but what I am going to do is to show you Dial Idol's results -both the DWTS scores, which is where they measure the calls coming in and then use the mathematical score the show uses to combine the judges' score with the fans' votes to come up with one combined score for both Kellie and Zen and the Raw Votes which are simply the gauge of the number of votes or calls coming which would compare rougly to the popular vote without the judges' scores and let you see if you think there might have been some hokus pokus done on the Kellie win last night, or if you think there might have been a trend building toward her win and it was indicated in that first hour's calls on Dial Idol.

The Dial Idol results for both Kellie and Zen beginning with 9 stars and going through Monday night will be in the next post. Remember, that Monday night's DI results were the calulations of 1 hour's phone calls into Dial Idol after the show ended. These results can be checked on the Dial Idol website.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

FORT Fogey

9 Stars: DWTS - Kellie, 112.9; Zen 13.8 .....RAW Kellie, 188; Zen 102
    8 Stars: DWTS - Kellie, 114.3; Zen 13.5......RAW Kellie 216; Zen 16
    7 Stars: DWTS - Kellie, 15.7; Zen 43.8.....RAW Kellie 19; Zen 133
    6 Stars: DWTS - Kellie, 30.5; Zen 41.3.....RAW Kellie 355; Zen 185
    5 Stars: DWTS - Kellie, 120.5 Zen 19.5.....RAW Kellie 502; Zen 26
    4 Stars: DWTS - Kellie, 124.8 Zen 26.4 ....RAW Kellie 306; Zen 155

DWTS is the combined judges's scores and the calls that came in according to the mathematical evaluation that presumably the show uses.
    The RAW votes are the calls coming in which would equate roughly to the popular vote.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

+ Reply to Thread