+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Just a side note: If the blow-up actually happened the way it was reported, I doubt the producers would try to "milk it". It sounds like it was a hostile work environment, and they'd be too worried about lawsuits from several angles.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Just a side note: If the blow-up actually happened the way it was reported, I doubt the producers would try to "milk it". It sounds like it was a hostile work environment, and they'd be too worried about lawsuits from several angles.
    What we may see may not be as bad as it was, or maybe the incident in question wasn't bad but they'll play it up to be worse than it was. I don't trust reality shows to be real, and I don't trust the gossip rags who have to sell their magazines that they announce Angelina and Brad's impending marriage for the last 6 years, then the following week say they split. I'll wait and see. I don't think the producers will let it go without showing something. And by not saying anything is really them milking it and making sure people keep talking. Jaleel and Kym are both under contract, so they may be forbidden to deny it or go into any huge details. They've often showed slanted rehearsal videos (for better or worse, depending on the couple in question) so I'm sure they can work something out of that. We'll see. I do think they either didn't have time to edit anything in, or didn't want to ruin "the emotional" story week. As I said, until it comes from a more reliable source, I'll figure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

FORT Fogey

I don't know how many know about Jaeel's fight with Kym. I didnt know but didn't see any of the entertainment shows. If it is widely known, he is in the bottom 3 for sure. How did the news get out?

Gladys may be in the bottom. She is getting better but will never measure up even with her over scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I don't know how many know about Jaeel's fight with Kym. I didnt know but didn't see any of the entertainment shows. If it is widely known, he is in the bottom 3 for sure. How did the news get out?

Gladys may be in the bottom. She is getting better but will never measure up even with her over scoring.
    Some people may tire if they believe Gladys is being overscored for being Gladys. I think she's safe this week, but unless she drastically improves (and she has harder dances yet to come), I think she'll be out somewhere in the middle. I wasn't able to watch TV so the only place I read about Jaleel's outburst was here. I'd say that likely the majority of DWTS viewers are more casual fans, and not intent to go online and read about the celebs in question, and may not pay much attention to any entertainment shows. So assuming those people vote, Jaleel may be safe for awhile. I guess I could possibly see him going-his story was worse than Kristin Cavallari talking about skipping college and moving to LA. I know not everyone may have the life experiences to come up with a sob story or a happy one, but Jaleel's a lot older than, say, Roshon. He hasn't had any happy or sad experience in his life? If he stayed friends with his Family Matters cast, two of them passed away. He has a daughter, which I would hope was a happy occasion for him. So I feel like there were other options, unless he's trying to put himself out there as his alter ego in hopes it'll make people forget about Urkel and land him a job.

Surprisingly, it looks like M & M might be out. I thought at least Maks would draw a fan base as Melissa tries to improve, but perhaps not. I think most folks out there are not fans of LHOTP as I am. I loved Michael Landon. The past couple of weeks I was dialing 866 for the exchange instead of 868 and last night I missed the number to call to vote for Maks and Melissa them and so failed to vote at all. I guess if they leave, it's my fault.
    Last edited by echo226; 04-03-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Tom warns of a surprise in the online voting, which isn't reflected in DialIdol numbers, but:

DI's raw numbers have Jaleel, Sherri and Melissa in the bottom 3. Gavin, William and Gladys(!) are a comfy Top 3.

DI scores (less reliable) have Sherri and Gavin as runway leaders, with Donald in third. Bottom 4 with no action are Jaleel, Katherine, Melissa and Maria.

But online voting probably outnumbers phone votes by 10 to 1 so who knows...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Tom warns of a surprise in the online voting, which isn't reflected in DialIdol numbers, but:

DI's raw numbers have Jaleel, Sherri and Melissa in the bottom 3. Gavin, William and Gladys(!) are a comfy Top 3.

DI scores (less reliable) have Sherri and Gavin as runway leaders, with Donald in third. Bottom 4 with no action are Jaleel, Katherine, Melissa and Maria.

I'm going to assume online voting hurt a contestant more than helped, going by Tom's tweet. Jaleel seems to have lost favor with fans after the alleged blow up (whatever you want to call it). I think Sherri's been lingering in the bottom 3 on DI's score page or raw numbers at one point. It's possible one couple in the bottom 2 is a surprise, but the person going home isn't. I'd be surprised if it's Katherine. Maria I'm on the fence with. I'm actually enjoying her and Derek, and while I don't know how much pro fan base really plays into things, he probably has one of the more die hard. Jaleel and Gavin are the only two I wouldn't mind losing. Katherine isn't really doing it for me, either, personality wise, so I wouldn't be sad to lose her. But I can't say she deserves to go.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post

Its about time for an upset. I would have to say Katherine going would be an upset( sort of) I dont think she thought she would make it this far.
    Oh well, soon enough we will know.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yes, I think there are several of reasons for that:
    People try several times and if they keep getting a busy signal, they give up. (however, I think they can text votes only if they use AT&T.)
    Phone voting is only open for a few hours.
    Online voting might be more time consuming, but they can vote online until the next morning. Also, people can create lots of email addys/accounts and vote online.

Also, online voting is free.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread