+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1656575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Re: 3/26 DWTS 14 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

DI has Martina as safe ... in second place!

About DI: Martina has the lowest vote total under "raw numbers": 29 votes with one busy signal. I don't think DI is very reliable for DWTS. But it's possible she'll get enough sympathy votes to make it. I guess others might be vulnerable - Gladys, Gavin, Melissa? I've often seen the lowest vote-getter at DI go home - and I've even seen people they had "safe" go home. It's just 1500 votes or so out of millions, and they don't count email/online voting at all.

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Here's what I don't understand about DI ... In the raw numbers, Martina is last with 29 votes and one busy signal; Maks and Melissa are second to last with 31 votes and one busy signal ... yet in the DI score tally, Martina is listed as safe in second place, and Melissa is in 7th place. How is their margin on the DI score 5 places apart with only 2 votes separating them?

FORT Fogey

I put little stock in dial idol. I just cannot believe Martina is in second place. Does she really have enough fans to keep her in for the sheer folly of it? She is just not taking to dancing so why put her through this? Or is there a voting for the worst involved. I don't think viewers of this show are into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I put little stock in dial idol. I just cannot believe Martina is in second place. Does she really have enough fans to keep her in for the sheer folly of it? She is just not taking to dancing so why put her through this? Or is there a voting for the worst involved. I don't think viewers of this show are into that.
    Probably not the real viewers - But didn't Howard Stern tell his listeners to vote for the worst dancer? I think it was for Bristol Palin or Kate Gosslen ???

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa66 View Post
    About DI: Martina has the lowest vote total under "raw numbers": 29 votes with one busy signal. I don't think DI is very reliable for DWTS. But it's possible she'll get enough sympathy votes to make it. I guess others might be vulnerable - Gladys, Gavin, Melissa? I've often seen the lowest vote-getter at DI go home - and I've even seen people they had "safe" go home. It's just 1500 votes or so out of millions, and they don't count email/online voting at all.
    Are you saying "Online voting does not count"? Why have it then......

Quote Originally Posted by frosty View Post
    Are you saying "Online voting does not count"? Why have it then......
    What Elsa is saying is the online voting isn't counted for Dialidol but it does count for the vote total on the show. I'm thinking most people vote online so these figures don't really mean much...

Yes - thanks jucamer. Sorry I wasn't clear. Dialidol tells you how many votes it has - and it's seldom as many as 2,000 - all telephone votes. The show says it gets millions of votes. Dialidol doesn't count any online votes at all. They were obviously completely wrong about Martina, and I've seen them be wrong many many times.
    jucamer likes this.

With the popularity of online voting, I think DialIdol has passed its expiration date.
    jucamer likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

So the DI score page has Melissa/Maks in last, with Sherri/Val and Gladys/Tristan in the bottom 3 there. The bright side is, the DI score page predicted Martina as being safe last week, and she wasn't.

On the flip side, the raw numbers sheet had Martina as dead last last week, and this week has Roshon/Chelsie in last, with Jaleel/Kym and Donald/Peta rounding out the bottom 3 there. I'm sadly thinking Melissa, with Jack being the next likely. But maybe we're in for a big surprise ouster. It's not like we haven't had them early. I enjoy Roshon, and love Chelsie, so I'd be more sad to lose her. Especially since Roshon is the best contender she's had. Jaleel might be a possibility, too, although he had one of the higher scores tonight (even if slightly). I doubt the show wants to lose him if they can milk his blow up.

So I'm guessing Melissa, Jack, possibly Gavin, or Roshon for the big surprise.

+ Reply to Thread