+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 155556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

They never seem to handle the final two competition the same way two years in a row either, which makes it that much harder to predict the winner, regardless of how the popular vote is going.

Looking at the numbers for this week, we have:
    1. J.R. & Karina (505 votes; 58 busy signals)
    2. Rob & Cheryl (166 votes; 5 busy signals)
    3. Ricki & Derek (32 votes; 20 busy signals)
    4. Hope & Maks (32 votes; 0 busy signals)

Now, the issue is, while J.R. had a ton of voters utilize the DI system, Ricki's handful of voters got a ton of busy signals, putting her in 1st place on the DI score, followed closely by J.R. and Karina. Rob is way behind in 3rd, and Hope is WAY behind in 4th. Factoring in judges' scores, Ricki has a comfortable lead over J.R. for the DWTS score, followed by Rob, and Hope, again, way behind.

I think any way you slice it, Hope is toast this week. I figured as much after dance 1. This data is more important when looking towards the finale. Either we have a situation where all of the people who called Ricki's line called right after the show ended (when you're most likely to get a busy signal), or she simply has more fan support than we were previously aware of. The sheer numbers for J.R. make me think he should beat her easily unless the scoring gap is huge, but the busy signals and the scoring do make me wonder if my assumption is off, big time.

I haven't looked at the numbers today, but in the past, JR has been so far out in front that it has been pretty clear to me - unless the judges mess with the scores to create a huge deficit, JR should win. That being said, with him being hurt, it definitely gives then cause to justify significantly lower scores for him next week.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'd love nothing more than for Hope/Maks to survive tonight and kick either Ricki or Rob out, just out of spite. But I've accepted that it's finally their time. I do hope J.R. is better next week, or that they don't massively overscore the other 2 to make sure he doesn't win. I'm starting to think Ricki could wind up taking 3rd, and Rob might get second. I just can't see the show wanting to make waves and cause even more controversy by screwing with the results as obvious as they did with Hope and kick J.R. out of the winners circle.

Right now, Rob and J.R. are neck and neck, and Ricki's in the red. As predicted, she's probably coming in 3rd. No 4th win for Derek this time. Tomorrow, there's still 2 dances-the couple's repeat dance (which the judges will rank-1st place gets a 30, 2nd place gets 28, and 3rd gets a 26), and then 3rd place is announced. The final 2 dance an insta-samba. So, the judges have 2 more dances to score and weigh in with their 50% of the vote. It'll probably make all the difference. If it means J.R. winning, it'll be the first season I'm okay with the judges having the final say.

Those numbers sound about right to me.

I'm prepared for Ricki to come in third -- maybe people will ease up on Derek a little now that he's about to feel another loss. If Ricki can't win, I'll root for J.R., but more so that Karina can win a trophy. We can't have a Kardashian win this thing, we just can't. And Cheryl's had her turns in the spotlight, she'll live.
    TIA__MA and jucamer like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Those numbers sound about right to me.

I'm prepared for Ricki to come in third -- maybe people will ease up on Derek a little now that he's about to feel another loss. If Ricki can't win, I'll root for J.R., but more so that Karina can win a trophy. We can't have a Kardashian win this thing, we just can't. And Cheryl's had her turns in the spotlight, she'll live.
    It sounded like Derek had a bit of a lackluster night. He probably knows there's not a chance they'll win, so that likely takes the pressure off. Poor Maks seems to be the only one who's had multiple finals appearances, but no trophy This is also Cheryl's 5th, but she won twice. If I had to pick an alternate to J.R., I'd rather it be Ricki than Rob. Cheryl bugs me for some reason, worse than Derek (and at least I know why he bugs). And I just do not want a Kardashian win. I would rather Rob go out in third to at least ease my nerves, but I don't think that's going to happen. Cheryl will likely get another decent partner next season, do well, and Anna will get the lead footed hoofer but not get away with dancing around him, Karina will probably go back to getting a dud, Lacey will probably get a headcase or the season's controversial contestant. Since we didn't have the NFL represented this season, that token slot will probably be filled next time, and I'd bet Cheryl or Kym get whoever they cast from that field. They seem to like pairing those 2 with athletes.

I didn't know if this season's 1st and 2nd place would be in a tight race, but it's looking that way. I wouldn't be surprised if 2nd and 3rd are close . This might be the closest result since Shawn beat Gilles. Tom should have saved his 'your votes have never mattered more' tagline for this week instead of last. If J.R. isn't winning, I hope he's out third, because that'll be awkward if he's standing there against Rob or Ricki, everyone thinks Tom will be saying his name...and then he doesn't. I might try and make a break for it if I were Tom. Leave Brooke there to spit and sputter over the results, and ask J.R. over the loud chrous of boos 'how are you feeling right now, are you surprised by this result'.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-22-2011 at 04:54 AM.
    jucamer likes this.

What I hope to see is J.R. first, Rob second, Ricki third.

1st: J.R. deserves the win even if based solely on dance. He's provided the most entertaining dances through the whole season, and his personality and attitude have only added to it.

2nd: While is cannot stand the Kardashian famioloy and never watch any of the shows, I do think that Rob has shown the most improvement. I have always and still do admired Cheryl. I think she's among the best of the female teachers and nothing about her bugs me. She manages to emphasize her celebrities's strengths and minimize their weaknesses. She should have won with Gilles even if that freestyle wasn't her best. Gilles was a non-dancer who amazed me.

3rd: Ricki has danced well, but not as well as she's been given credit for in many of her performances, and I'll admit that I haven't been able to warm up to her at all. Derek is a talented dancer and choreographer. Only two things bother me about him on this show. First is that he's more of a modernist in his choreography, where Maks, Louis, and Tony are more traditional ballroom dancers. I like to see the traditional preserved. Secondly, Derek may be the only veteran pro left who has never been assigned a really dreadful celebrity. He still has to prove to me that he can handle that. I really do not dislike any of the professional except for Mark Ballas and that very tall Anna from a couple of seasons ago.

Oh, and please add me to the "Carrie Ann must go" list.
    TIA__MA likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    What I hope to see is J.R. first, Rob second, Ricki third.

1st: J.R. deserves the win even if based solely on dance. He's provided the most entertaining dances through the whole season, and his personality and attitude have only added to it.

2nd: While is cannot stand the Kardashian famioloy and never watch any of the shows, I do think that Rob has shown the most improvement. I have always and still do admired Cheryl. I think she's among the best of the female teachers and nothing about her bugs me. She manages to emphasize her celebrities's strengths and minimize their weaknesses. She should have won with Gilles even if that freestyle wasn't her best. Gilles was a non-dancer who amazed me.

3rd: Ricki has danced well, but not as well as she's been given credit for in many of her performances, and I'll admit that I haven't been able to warm up to her at all. Derek is a talented dancer and choreographer. Only two things bother me about him on this show. First is that he's more of a modernist in his choreography, where Maks, Louis, and Tony are more traditional ballroom dancers. I like to see the traditional preserved. Secondly, Derek may be the only veteran pro left who has never been assigned a really dreadful celebrity. He still has to prove to me that he can handle that. I really do not dislike any of the professional except for Mark Ballas and that very tall Anna from a couple of seasons ago.

Oh, and please add me to the "Carrie Ann must go" list.

Yep that's how I see it too. JR has truly been the most consistent dancer this season. Rob has improved but he should be no where near the final 3. I can't stand Derek (or Ricki for that matter) now either - so JR for the win!
    karalott and TIA__MA like this.

Tonight may change everything, but for week 1, here's how the couples stood on the Dial Idol rankings:

For the Dial Idol score page, Jaleel, Martina, and Katherine came in the top 3, while Jack, Sherri, and Gavin in the bottom 3. (with everything being too close to call). However, on the raw numbers page (which a poster once said would actually be the one to look at), Donald, Sherri, and Jack are the top 3, while Melissa, Martina, and Gavin are the bottom 3. DI isn't always accurate, but they might go back to being really off this season.

+ Reply to Thread