+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1353545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 677
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

  1. #621
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    The raw numbers page (which I was told once is what's the most accurate in predicting whose leaving) has Chaz, Rob, and David as the bottom 3. If they could change Rob's last name to Smith and ban his family from being in the audience or opening their mouths, I'd be fine with him staying. He isn't bugging me as much as when he started. But it's guilt by association. That, and I'd love to see the epic meltdown from his family and CA : Not to mention the arrogant smirk wiped off his and Cheryl's faces when they assume they're safe.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Hope is in the fake bottom 2 again, if she's not leaving. They did that the week Maks had his blow up with CA back in season 11. If Hope leaves, I doubt it has anything to do with Maks. People can vote before their celeb even dances to begin with, and I'm sure at this point, people already have those they're voting for and stay loyal to. If Hope lost any votes due to Maks, I doubt it's that much to make an impact. She was either staying or already gone. I agree nana, most sites I've visited and articles I've read have a lot of people siding with Maks, or at the very least saying his comments had merit, even if they think his choice of words was wrong and a tad out of line. But he's not the only one whose fed up with the 3 stooges, and it took one minor thing to bring it to light. I kind of get a kick out of some of the pros that Maks said were apologizing on his behalf and saying to the judges they didn't agree with him. And here I thought the judges were the biggest a** kissers. No wonder some couples get higher than deserved scores.
    TIA__MA likes this.

  2. #622
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,956

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    The raw numbers page (which I was told once is what's the most accurate in predicting whose leaving) has Chaz, Rob, and David as the bottom 3. If they could change Rob's last name to Smith and ban his family from being in the audience or opening their mouths, I'd be fine with him staying. He isn't bugging me as much as when he started. But it's guilt by association. That, and I'd love to see the epic meltdown from his family and CA : Not to mention the arrogant smirk wiped off his and Cheryl's faces when they assume they're safe.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Hope is in the fake bottom 2 again, if she's not leaving. They did that the week Maks had his blow up with CA back in season 11. If Hope leaves, I doubt it has anything to do with Maks. People can vote before their celeb even dances to begin with, and I'm sure at this point, people already have those they're voting for and stay loyal to. If Hope lost any votes due to Maks, I doubt it's that much to make an impact. She was either staying or already gone. I agree nana, most sites I've visited and articles I've read have a lot of people siding with Maks, or at the very least saying his comments had merit, even if they think his choice of words was wrong and a tad out of line. But he's not the only one whose fed up with the 3 stooges, and it took one minor thing to bring it to light. I kind of get a kick out of some of the pros that Maks said were apologizing on his behalf and saying to the judges they didn't agree with him. And here I thought the judges were the biggest a** kissers. No wonder some couples get higher than deserved scores.
    I keep studying that each week, and what it looks like to me when you click on the numbers is that that the raw number is the vote (phone calls coming in) plus any busy signals - as represented in red. Those number are given out to the side to show you how many phone calls each contestant received in the designated time limited. The names are listed in the order - top to bottom - as to who received the most phone calls.

    Now the DWTS score -however that is figured (which is some kind of a formula that is a bit beyond me) - is actually a combination of the votes (calls that came in [raw numbers] plus the judges' scores; therefore, it would appear to me that the more accurate prediction based on the way that the show supposedly operates is the DWTS score.

    If you look back, the DWTS score has been correct this season or very near most of the time.

    Chaz is on the bottom on both the raw and the DWTS scores.

    It looks to me like Hope came in there very safely as far as the voting on DialIdol is concerned. I personally think when something is that clear on DialIdol, it probably goes somewhat along those lines in actuality in other voting arenas as well - similar to voting polls. In other words, I would think if a contestant shows that he/she is on the very top of DI, he/she is in actuality NOT dead on the bottom when push comes to shove with the final vote. That would be like saying that a political candidate was in the 90th percentile in a poll; however, when the election rolled around , he came in dead last. It doesn't make sense.
    I know that contestants have been on the top and been voted off on both DWTS and American Idol, but I still question such an outcome.

    Max upset the apple cart, so he might pay for that by standing in the "assumed" bottom 3 or 2 , but I myself think there was most likely a voter backlash against the judges and in favor of Max. We surely have seen that kind of thing before.

  3. #623
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,313

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Raw numbers has Hope and Nancy at the bottom. DWTS score has Nancy at the bottom, then David and then Hope. My guess is Nancy in the bottom with whoever they want to drum up scores for (maybe Ricki, since JR apparently blew her away in votes last night), with Nancy going home.

  4. #624
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Raw numbers has Hope and Nancy at the bottom. DWTS score has Nancy at the bottom, then David and then Hope. My guess is Nancy in the bottom with whoever they want to drum up scores for (maybe Ricki, since JR apparently blew her away in votes last night), with Nancy going home.
    I'm guessing it'll be between Hope and Nancy. Maks's blow up probably didn't do them any favors from last week, and they got a horrible edit this week. However, I also believe, at this point, that the majority of people voting for whoever will keep doing so, and that those who were voting for someone but didn't (or threw their votes to someone else), it's probably not enough to do a total upset. I think Nancy's fanbase is bigger than Hope and Maks's, but I'm betting she's gone next week, as I'm sure the show wants David, Rob, and the obvious final 2, Ricki and J.R., around for the semi finals. With whoever goes this week, I'll be curious how it impacts ratings next week. I feel like the show's not even trying anymore and wants to just get this over with.

  5. #625
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,767

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Raw numbers has Hope and Nancy at the bottom. DWTS score has Nancy at the bottom, then David and then Hope. My guess is Nancy in the bottom with whoever they want to drum up scores for (maybe Ricki, since JR apparently blew her away in votes last night), with Nancy going home.
    I hope they don't put Ricki in as part of a false bottom two, because no one would really believe she was going home this week. It would all but tell the other celebrity he/she was getting the axe, because even if JR did blow her away in votes, she had a comfortable lead going in, what with having the top individual score and being part of the winning team dance. Put that together with her fanbase and Derek's fanbase, and she'd have to be ahead of at least one couple and more than likely more than one couple. No way she's going home this week.

    It doesn't especially surprise me that JR may have blown her away in popular votes, though. I made sure to vote for him last night, because he didn't do as well as he normally does in the individual dance, and of all the people on Team Tango, he was the one I most wanted to keep safe.

  6. #626
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,313

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I hope they don't put Ricki in as part of a false bottom two, because no one would really believe she was going home this week. It would all but tell the other celebrity he/she was getting the axe, because even if JR did blow her away in votes, she had a comfortable lead going in, what with having the top individual score and being part of the winning team dance. Put that together with her fanbase and Derek's fanbase, and she'd have to be ahead of at least one couple and more than likely more than one couple. No way she's going home this week.

    It doesn't especially surprise me that JR may have blown her away in popular votes, though. I made sure to vote for him last night, because he didn't do as well as he normally does in the individual dance, and of all the people on Team Tango, he was the one I most wanted to keep safe.
    Very good point. It may be Hope, because I think whichever of them goes this week, the other will go next week. My guess is unless they do a real bottom two, which I think would be Hope and Nancy, the other person we will see in the bottom two is perhaps the third person they want in the finals - meaning either David or Rob, to try and drum up votes for them?

  7. #627
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Very good point. It may be Hope, because I think whichever of them goes this week, the other will go next week. My guess is unless they do a real bottom two, which I think would be Hope and Nancy, the other person we will see in the bottom two is perhaps the third person they want in the finals - meaning either David or Rob, to try and drum up votes for them?
    Ricki and J.R. have yet to visit the fake bottom 2/3, which is good, because really? They aren't going anywhere. So why do that to whatever couple is going home (though I could potentially see them put Hope and Ricki or Nancy and Ricki in the bottom 2-as I said, I think the show doesn't care anymore about this season). Hope's had the most fake bottom 2 trips, followed by I believe Nancy, then Rob and David. They may put David there, as it may not be far fetched to think his fans didn't pull through and try and drum up support. I'm still betting on Hope leaving, possibly Nancy. Whoever remains among those two will likely be gone next week.

  8. #628
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,082

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Or they could capitalize on Kim Kardashian's current negative publicity and put Rob in the fake bottom 3. But I agree that there is no way they would put Ricki in there. The only reason they might consider putting J.R. in there is to boost his fanbase even more (which is silly because he has the whole nation behind him, I mean really, he's going to have to break a toe for anyone else to win this season). But since the team dance brought his scores down this week, there would be a sliver of believability to it to the more gullible viewers.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  9. #629
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,313

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Or they could capitalize on Kim Kardashian's current negative publicity and put Rob in the fake bottom 3. But I agree that there is no way they would put Ricki in there. The only reason they might consider putting J.R. in there is to boost his fanbase even more (which is silly because he has the whole nation behind him, I mean really, he's going to have to break a toe for anyone else to win this season). But since the team dance brought his scores down this week, there would be a sliver of believability to it to the more gullible viewers.
    Yeah, I was surprised because I haven't looked at the numbers myself before (relied on others here), so I don't know if it has been true all season. But based on this week's numbers, JR is far and away out in front all by himself!

  10. #630
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,082

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Which is why I'm wondering why people get so worked up about Ricki & Derek, because J.R.'s fanbase is simply unbeatable. Will people be mad even if Derek comes in second?

    I'd be happy if either Nancy or Hope goes tonight, and it looks like it will be between them thanks to the raw numbers. Hope has the advantage over Nancy thanks to the team scores, but it will really come down to a battle of the fanbases (Nancy's or Maks)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.