+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 125253545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Tonight, the DI score page lists Ricki, Nancy, and Carson as the bottom 3, while the raw numbers has Hope, Nancy, and Ricki. I doubt Ricki's in any danger, unless even Derek can't save her. I'm going with either Hope or Carson as being the ones to get the boot. Hope's been fairly consistant in coming in in the bottom 3 on one of their pages, as has Nancy and Carson. Both Ron and Chynna were third from last on the raw numbers page the weeks they got eliminated, and that's exactly where Hope is right now

How can Ricki be in the bottom 3? I guess their fanbase didn't vote quick enough. I just went to the ABC site to vote, and there's no link. Did they change the timeframe for voting this week?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Really wish Votenumber1 was still around. They were usually right on the money as to who was going. Hard to tell with DialIdol. If Maks' fanbase isn't voting, then Hope may be going. Still hard to believe she would go over a few of the others. I think she's a very pretty girl but she doesn't come across as warm to me.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and hope that it is Nancy who is going home this week!
    jucamer likes this.

I hope it's anyone but my eye candy I don't believe Ricki is going. It is possible she's potentially not pulling in the fan votes, but I still don't think she's leaving any time soon. If she did get a pre-finale boot, I'm guessing it'll be final 4 or 5, but I still believe it'll be her and J.R. standing there as the final 2.

I also miss Vote #1 At least I could go into my results show with ease knowing what was going to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Nancy is one of the next to go. I believe it'll be Hope, then her and Carson. Hope's gotten some of the least publicity of the entire cast this season, aside from being reported about in the sports world. Pre season it seemed like it was all about Chaz, and now it's all about Chaz, Nancy, Ricki, J.R., and Rob. Did Tom say there was going to be a group dance next week? Not that I think it would be any less horrific with the group we have, but I wonder if they're scraping the team dances because the dancing this season leaves, um, a lot to be desired. Sort of a conspiracy that David's the only one in who knows how many seasons to find out he was in the actual bottom 2, and now they are getting rid of team dances that were scored (if I heard that right).

OK. This is going to sound really immature, but I would love to see Ricki eliminated just for the entertainment value alone. I could just picture CA and L and B clutching their heads and having facial expressions resembling the Scream mask.
    karalott, AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    OK. This is going to sound really immature, but I would love to see Ricki eliminated just for the entertainment value alone. I could just picture CA and L and B clutching their heads and having facial expressions resembling the Scream mask.
    I don't think there'd be anything left of CA. She'd probably need to be committed. I'd love to see what they'd do if they lost Ricki and J.R. before the finale. I'm over the judges blaming America when someone good gets the boot. I'll be crushed to see Maks go, but it probably won't get any better, so why delay the inevitable (aside from me hoping for the leather pants to make another cameo).
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I don't think there'd be anything left of CA. She'd probably need to be committed. I'd love to see what they'd do if they lost Ricki and J.R. before the finale. I'm over the judges blaming America when someone good gets the boot. I'll be crushed to see Maks go, but it probably won't get any better, so why delay the inevitable (aside from me hoping for the leather pants to make another cameo).
    I think just losing Rob or Chaz would cause her to melt into a puddle of her own tears. I can't imagine what would happen if she lost D/R too. Seriously, though, I have a really hard time believing that Ricki is going anywhere tonight. They might put R/D into the bottom three for the sake of "drama," since they weren't at the very tippy-top of the leader board last night, but there's no way Derek's hyper-committed fan base is letting him go anywhere. I have pros I prefer too, but if they're paired with someone who isn't cutting it for me, I not crushed when they go. In fact, I can't say I've ever voted strictly for a pro as opposed to a star or a combination of pro/star, but I know there are plenty of people who vote differently. I'm not saying it's not perfectly within their rights to choose to do so either. It's just never been the way I've seen the show, so it's not how I vote.

And ITA about the judges blaming America for the way eliminations go when they're inconsistent about the way they score. Not to mention the fact that those in charge of casting must know full well going in that certain contestants are ringers or have exceedingly strong built-in fan bases or that the judges favor certain pros. But when it comes right down to it, it's just a stupid mirror ball trophy that's actually pretty cheesy looking anyway. It's not like any of the real titles or accomplishments earned by the stars or the pros. As annoyed as I might have been that Evan/Anna lost one of the few seasons they could possibly have lost, simply because of the casting/pairing, I know perfectly well that having an Olympic gold medal, multiple national titles, and a Worlds title are way more impressive and memorable and that ten years from now, people will remember those titles but they won't remember who won DWTS. In the grand scheme of things, the DWTS title is pretty unimpressive--and really, what's more important is what people do via their exposure on the show. Kelly Osbourne, for instance, surprised a lot of people, started taking better care of herself, and has started a whole new career for herself as a result of being on the show, even if she did come in third and not first. She's not just the moody teen from The Osbournes anymore, and I think that change started, at least in terms of the public's perception of her, on DWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post

Noooooooooo I'm not ready yet!

The numbers on Dial Idol are interesting. All of them show Hope and Maks near the top behind JR and Karina. I haven't checked out the mother board yet, but most of the sites I've visited are have comments largely favorable towards Maks' comments. Many people agree that there has been favoritism with the judges and how they score. I personally think Len's comments were harsh towards Hope. Worst dance? The comment he made saying she wasn't committed was even worse. They sure aren't making those comments towards Chaz, Nancy or Rob.
    You can't depend on DI scores or predictions, but this is one time I'm hoping they're right.
    P.S. Yes, I know they included the disclaimer that they could be as high a 1 and as low as 7 and they aren't making predictions.

+ Reply to Thread