+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Did they have a falling out? Did I miss some juicy gossip? Do tell!
    Oh, I don't know. I just saw someone mention last night that there hasn't been any communication with them on their twitter, which does seem odd. Now, Derek could just be really busy. But every other season, they were always each others big champions, especially when one got voted off over the other (usually Mark first ) So considering Derek won his third trophy last season, I figured he'd be all over, trying to get people to vote for Mark and to get them another trophy piled up. I did check Derek's twitter out, and he's still tweeting, so it's not like he's too busy. He is still following Mark on twitter, though I find it odd he hasn't really pushed Mark's CD for him or any support for him on the show. Maybe Mark's too proud and doesn't want Derek's help; after all, he thinks he can do it all himself

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I guess the good thing is, DI isn't always right (although it's been fairly accurate this season). Of course last week it couldn't have picked a worse time to be wrong I do think Ralph's time is up. I was surprised he lasted this long, and figured he'd make it to the final 4 at best. However, I wondered if maybe his fan base was bigger than I originally thought, or if he saw a surge in votes. If Chelsea/Mark aren't bringing in the votes, and it surprises TPTB, maybe they should try and understand why that is. Mark's been a disrespectful douche this season. He screwed Chelsea over. I don't know that I'm all that crazy about her, but there've been times I've pitied her. If they want ratings, send Mark home, or out in third, and watch his tantrum/trash talk show guest-style rampage. That'll get them ratings It's not like they're protecting his reputation by manipulating the show to keep him in. Everyone except his fans think he's a tool, a spazz, and a spoiled brat with an ego that makes me wonder how he can even fit in the ballroom anymore.

If it is true that Chelsea/Mark are in a distant third, despite trying to give them a huge advantage-way to go producers That worked well. And you've ticked even more viewers off in the process. Here's hoping they don't try and manipulate the scores next week to earn Mark his precious little mirrorball. If he and Derek aren't friends anymore, who cares if they match? Maybe that's why he's taking it so personal this season.
    I don't think DI was wrong last week... I think ABC probably cheated to keep Mark and Chelsea.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fan

I doubt that they will admit it if Mark and Chelsea ARE in the bottom two -- if they did, it would sort of prove that they had no business being in it after the 15 added cheating points. They will put either Hines or Kirstie against Ralph at the end of tonight....JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Did they have a falling out? Did I miss some juicy gossip? Do tell!
    Dancing's Chelsea Kane: Mark and I Are "Back on Track" - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Were you taken aback when Mark kept talking back to Len?
    Chelsea Kane: When you spend 10 hours every day in the rehearsal studio, just leaving blood, sweat and tears on the dance floor to come up with something really amazing to perform, and to have someone go, "Eh, I didn't really get it," it hurts a little. The pressure builds ups and Mark is extremely passionate, and I think that's why his dances are so amazing and why he got so upset with Len. He wants to do well and wants me to do well. Sometimes he lets his heart get the best of him. The minute we start stressing and being frustrated, we've lost sight of why we're here. I think we're back on track now and it paid off. We came out on top the leader board.

Is Mark completely over the whole thing?
    Kane: I think he's over it in the sense that we're having fun again. We've had fun every week, but the pressure started to build up and we were getting wrapped up in what the judges were going to say. We want to put on performances that not only made the judges happy, but the audience, who are 12 seasons in and are looking for something different. I think that's what we're doing. We're having fun creating.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fan

I don't know of anyone who's ever said to me about the show "Oh after 12 seasons, I'm looking for something different". Unless they mean the blatant producer/judges manipulation and favoritism.

Anyone else?

If Dial Idol is anything to go by, it's not even close. Hines is way ahead. On the DI score page, he's leading Kirstie and Chelsea by close to 40 points; the raw numbers he's ahead by nearly 100 (Kirstie) and 200 (Chelsea), and the busy percentages has his numbers way out. Hopefully the judges ranking have no bearing on the fan vote. I'd love to see Kirstie and Hines as a final 2. On the DI score page, Kirstie is trailing Chelsea by about 9 points, but the raw numbers and busy percentages, she's ahead of her. I think the only time DI has been wrong has been when Mark/Chelsea were predicted to go home (and Petra). Don't let me down now!

Oh I still think Kirstie/Maks will take 3rd. However, it will be a major blow to Mark's ego when Hines/Kym wins the MBT. To come so close to the MBT and lose will be Mark's major downfall

that week that Petra went home - who were the bottom 2 that week? was Mark and Chelsea one of them?
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

That week, Romeo/Chelsie were dead last across every part of DI. Chelsea/Mark were middle/bottom of the pack that week. Really, I think those 2 have typically been middle/bottom of the DI page for most of this season. There's only a couple of times I can recall them being in first or near the top.

Oh I still think Kirstie/Maks will take 3rd. However, it will be a major blow to Mark's ego when Hines/Kym wins the MBT. To come so close to the MBT and lose will be Mark's major downfall
    I've often wondered if they mess with the 2nd and 3rd place finishers. Would it be more suspenseful having a top 2 of Chelsea and Hines, even if Chelsea technically finished 3rd? It'd be great to see if Mark could lose graciously. The one time I would want the camera to stay focused solely on him just to see how many shades of red he can turn and whether smoke starts coming out of his ears. And it's Mark's birthday! Brooke would probably not let us down and ask 'so Mark, it's your birthday but you didn't win, how does that make you feel since you wanted that win for a quarter century birthday you'd never forget. Hines will be celebrating and it's not even his birthday. Since you lost, any plans?' Really, if they win, my TV goes off and I'm off to write another rant to ABC. I'm sure we'll get the fakest shocked expression from those two than a rigged kiddie pageant.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-24-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Time to check in and see if DI has any accuracy this season.

On the DI score page, Rob, Elisabetta, and Ron are at the bottom, though it looks like it's too close to really call. Carson is leading. Raw numbers has Ron/Peta, Ricki/Derek, and Rob/Cheryl as the bottom 3. I highly doubt Ricki finished anywhere near the bottom, but I can believe it'll be Rob, Elisabetta, or Ron going home tonight. Nothing on Tom or Brooke's twitter about a surprise elimination.

+ Reply to Thread