+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 84849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Hooray - I hope this is true!! I don't see the attraction to Hines really and you know how I feel about Mark ! I thought Ralph said he should be better in a day or two - did anyone hear anything different?
    Another reason to get behind a bottom two of Hines and Chelsea is that maybe a new pro will win for a change?

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Another reason to get behind a bottom two of Hines and Chelsea is that maybe a new pro will win for a change?
    Yeah!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Hooray - I hope this is true!! I don't see the attraction to Hines really and you know how I feel about Mark ! I thought Ralph said he should be better in a day or two - did anyone hear anything different?
    I like Hines so I wouldn't want him to go, and really don't think he will. However, Mark couldn't go at a better time. I'm afraid of losing Romeo tonight more than anything (DI did predict Petra as being safe after all) but aside from that they've been good about getting the person leaving at least in the bottom 3. I didn't hear that, but I guess it's possible. Since the injury was still new, it might have taken it's toll already and might be better for next week. I can't see Ralph wanting to drop out this late. Maybe earlier in the season, but it'd be hard to do that now. I do think he can overcome the point deficit he's at easily. I have to remember, they put Chris Jericho in the bottom 2/3 a couple of times before he got booted, so even though Mark was there last week hopefully doesn't mean anything. I love Hines/Kym but I wouldn't mind seeing a new pro win this season. They've all earned it, but Mark's attitude should keep him from it.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    In looking at DI, currently they have Chelsea and Hines as the bottom 2 predicted to go home (Chelsea being last but according to their graph it's too close to call between them). Everyone else is predicted as being safe. DI may not be the best indicator, but looking at it for the season, they've been surprisingly accurate, or close to it with the couple going home coming in within the bottom 3. The only week they were way off was with Petra, and I'm not sure how much accuracy there is when it comes to the 'too close to call' readings.

Of course, it'd be my luck that Chelsea/Mark would actually be eliminated this week, but Ralph would end up dropping out due to his injury. And the producers would make a point of telling the viewers Chelsea/Mark would have left just to get a tongue bath from the judges and rile the voting bloc. I don't want Ralph to be in agony, but I'd love nothing more than to see Mark get booted. It's why I wonder if Ralph will get pushed out if that happens.
    The phone line for Hines was very wonky last night. I was able to get through for Maks and Kirstie and was using my second vote for Hines & Kym and received a message that all of my votes on the phone line were used up. I then switched to my cell phone and I was able to get through to Hines & Kym. I returned to my home phone and was able to place four more votes on the line after that. I wonder how glitches like that impact the DI vote tallies.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan View Post
    The phone line for Hines was very wonky last night. I was able to get through for Maks and Kirstie and was using my second vote for Hines & Kym and received a message that all of my votes on the phone line were used up. I then switched to my cell phone and I was able to get through to Hines & Kym. I returned to my home phone and was able to place four more votes on the line after that. I wonder how glitches like that impact the DI vote tallies.
    I don't know how much stock to put in DI as it is since they only measure phone votes. I'd be curious to know, if there's even any info on the subject, how much phone votes count for these shows anymore, along with how many votes are received for texting and online. But Mark/Chelsea are at the bottom, so at least for an hour and a half, I can dream. The phones lines every season seem to have some sort of issue with them, going back to the very first season. Last season seemed to be a lot of problems online voting. I voted for Romeo and got through no problem.

Eek. DI is saying bye-bye, Ralph. It's not even close. But it's interesting that vote-wise, Chelsea & Mark are a distant third. Nobody knows how the final scores are tallied on the show, but if DI's scoring is any kind of a valid indicator, it could be believable that Chelsea & Mark could be Bottom 2, even with the extra 15 points.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Eek. DI is saying bye-bye, Ralph. It's not even close. But it's interesting that vote-wise, Chelsea & Mark are a distant third. Nobody knows how the final scores are tallied on the show, but if DI's scoring is any kind of a valid indicator, it could be believable that Chelsea & Mark could be Bottom 2, even with the extra 15 points.
    If that happens I will laugh and laugh and laugh. Imagine Mark's face.

I guess the good thing is, DI isn't always right (although it's been fairly accurate this season). Of course last week it couldn't have picked a worse time to be wrong I do think Ralph's time is up. I was surprised he lasted this long, and figured he'd make it to the final 4 at best. However, I wondered if maybe his fan base was bigger than I originally thought, or if he saw a surge in votes. If Chelsea/Mark aren't bringing in the votes, and it surprises TPTB, maybe they should try and understand why that is. Mark's been a disrespectful douche this season. He screwed Chelsea over. I don't know that I'm all that crazy about her, but there've been times I've pitied her. If they want ratings, send Mark home, or out in third, and watch his tantrum/trash talk show guest-style rampage. That'll get them ratings It's not like they're protecting his reputation by manipulating the show to keep him in. Everyone except his fans think he's a tool, a spazz, and a spoiled brat with an ego that makes me wonder how he can even fit in the ballroom anymore.

If it is true that Chelsea/Mark are in a distant third, despite trying to give them a huge advantage-way to go producers That worked well. And you've ticked even more viewers off in the process. Here's hoping they don't try and manipulate the scores next week to earn Mark his precious little mirrorball. If he and Derek aren't friends anymore, who cares if they match? Maybe that's why he's taking it so personal this season.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    If it is true that Chelsea/Mark are in a distant third, despite trying to give them a huge advantage-way to go producers That worked well. And you've ticked even more viewers off in the process. Here's hoping they don't try and manipulate the scores next week to earn Mark his precious little mirrorball. If he and Derek aren't friends anymore, who cares if they match? Maybe that's why he's taking it so personal this season.
    Did they have a falling out? Did I miss some juicy gossip? Do tell!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    If that happens I will laugh and laugh and laugh. Imagine Mark's face.
    lol..that's worth tuning in to watch. I will jump up and laugh too.

+ Reply to Thread