+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

I wouldn't be surprised if Hines is in the bottom 2/3, either, but I don't think he's going home. It's true, since votes are limited, people might vote for someone else if they think their favorite is safe. Getting high scores and judges praise, but being a huge front runner and crowd pleaser, probably helps cement those feelings. I don't really think DI is that accurate, when you put the other voting elements into it. When they get it right, I think it's by pure luck. I'm not sure how to read it, but maybe there's a pattern each week.

I think Hines could win, unless he winds up getting thrown under the bus in the finale. But I think compared to other football players who went out in 2nd place, he's probably got a much stronger fan base and presence.

FORT Fogey

^^ Hines never gets thrown under the bus. If he is there that means viewers notice that he does little to earn those high scores. Kym goes effing nuts dancing around his great posture and smile!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    ^^ Hines never gets thrown under the bus. If he is there that means viewers notice that he does little to earn those high scores. Kym goes effing nuts dancing around his great posture and smile!

Never underestimate the power of die hard NFL fans who vote for players like Hines. I will put it this way. My fiance's friends who would never be caught dead watching this show knew Hines would be on this show per his tweets and asked me for his number to vote for him to win. So his fan base voting for him is huge.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I don't think Hines is actually going anywhere as in home, but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a trip to the bottom 3. This show likes to go for the drama occasionally, and Hines, our charismatic charmer, in the bottom 3 would be a bit dramatic, especially if they draw it out and make it look like he came close to losing it all when he really didn't.

My personal opinion is that at this point Hines is headed for the F2. He is a crowd pleaser, and the judges are swayed by that as well. Even when he doesn't dance quite as well, they still score him pretty high.
    Thanks for explaining Bloomers! I was kind of worried after I voted the way I did. I should have known it wouldn't make a difference, but I wondered what if everyone had the same mind set I had and he lost votes because of it. I was surprised to see him away from the top. I guess it could make a difference in some circumstances though.

I, too, am hoping he wins this whole thing.
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Never underestimate the power of die hard NFL fans who vote for players like Hines. I will put it this way. My fiance's friends who would never be caught dead watching this show knew Hines would be on this show per his tweets and asked me for his number to vote for him to win. So his fan base voting for him is huge.
    That's one reason I think he'll win it all. He may not be the most technically fabulous, but in addition to the football fans voting for him, he's made a fan out of me. He'll get my votes when Romeo is gone. It's like the Mya/Donny season. She was more technically a better dancer but he was a far better entertainer. I'll vote for the one who is a decent dancer and entertains.
    (Plus I think ABC would probably prefer a male winner this season and in the end, they have a little control over the winner.)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post

Totally agree. I have never watched DWTS before this season. Big fan of SYTYCD so it isn't the idea of the show I didn't care for. There was just never anybody I cared to see before.

When you really break it down, this show, like other reality voting shows, isn't so much a "talent" show as it is a "popularity" show. After all, it is called Dancing With The STARS . . . not Dancing With The Professionals.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

In looking at DI, currently they have Chelsea and Hines as the bottom 2 predicted to go home (Chelsea being last but according to their graph it's too close to call between them). Everyone else is predicted as being safe. DI may not be the best indicator, but looking at it for the season, they've been surprisingly accurate, or close to it with the couple going home coming in within the bottom 3. The only week they were way off was with Petra, and I'm not sure how much accuracy there is when it comes to the 'too close to call' readings.

Of course, it'd be my luck that Chelsea/Mark would actually be eliminated this week, but Ralph would end up dropping out due to his injury. And the producers would make a point of telling the viewers Chelsea/Mark would have left just to get a tongue bath from the judges and rile the voting bloc. I don't want Ralph to be in agony, but I'd love nothing more than to see Mark get booted. It's why I wonder if Ralph will get pushed out if that happens.

Question, if anyone knows: what'sthe difference between the DilaIdol score and the DialIdol DWTS score? And do these scores take into account the votes that are needed to overcome judges scores?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by angelmum3 View Post
    and when Palin was on, it exposed an easy cheat - how or why people would spend that much time and energy is beyond me!

I'll add I've voted for Kendra all season - and its NEVER been busy! (but I agree, I think her fan base is too small to save her this week or next at the very very most I see her lasting...)
    That "cheating" has been going on for several seasons by a LOT of different fan bases. It's been discussed openly on the ABC board for years, even describing how it's done. It was just ignored until Bristol seemed to benefit from it, and because people hated the kid because of who her mother was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    That "cheating" has been going on for several seasons by a LOT of different fan bases. It's been discussed openly on the ABC board for years, even describing how it's done. It was just ignored until Bristol seemed to benefit from it, and because people hated the kid because of who her mother was.
    Not to belabor the point, but the reason it was only addressed last year is that it was rumored that those people "cheat voting" for Bristol were not even watching the show, but just using/abusing the "flaw in the system" as a way to show support for her mother's politics. That's the first time something like that has happened, and was enough to force the ABC muckity-mucks get off their duffs and make what I assume was a simple adjustment to the online voting process.

+ Reply to Thread