+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Dial Idol is all over the place this week.

DI Score shows Kendra/Louis in last; Raw Numbers have Chris/Cheryl at the bottom; and Busy Percentages are Ralph/Karina. I think Hines and Chelsea are no doubt safe. Everyone else I believe could be in danger of going home. May have a surprise tonight
    It may be time for a dramatic elimination. We get one of those every so often just to stir the pot and keep the chatter flowing. It has been kind of quiet around DWTS this season.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Oh, please let us have a "dramatic elimination" and get rid of Mark and Chelsea. She's not as bad as he is but watching him out-dance her drives me crazy. There are so many other couples I enjoy watching more.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Oh, please let us have a "dramatic elimination" and get rid of Mark and Chelsea. She's not as bad as he is but watching him out-dance her drives me crazy. There are so many other couples I enjoy watching more.
    I don't like Chelsea, but I might like her better if she wasn't with Mark. I find her to be overconfident, annoying, and obnoxious (though no where near Ballas levels). However, it could be him bringing that out in her.

I'd never be for this, but I think the best way to test just how much a pros fan base matters is for them to switch partners evert week. I feel if Mark got the same support with the (too tall for him) Wendy as he does with Chelsea, that would show how big his fan base was and that it's all about him, less about the celeb. However, I feel that to be the case with nearly every pro.

I'm really worried for Romeo. With all my favorites, he's the one I'd miss most and hate to see leave. He doesn't deserve it, not with the performance levels he's been showing. He's been improving, both in dancing and attitude.

FORT Fan

DI Score shows Kendra/Louis in last; Raw Numbers have Chris/Cheryl at the bottom; and Busy Percentages are Ralph/Karina. I think Hines and Chelsea are no doubt safe. Everyone else I believe could be in danger of going home. May have a surprise tonight
    Actually 'raw numbers' by votes show Ralph and Karina at the very bottom, then Kendra and Louis, and surprisingly Chelsea and Mark. It listed Hines- Kym first, followed by Kirstie-Maks, and then in 3rd place Chris-Cheryl as top 3 in terms of votes. So with the exception of Hines-Kym, the rest are in the 'danger zone'. We may see an 'Audrina Partridge' type of exit: she ranked second in the scoreboard, I believe, that week when she was shown the exit door.

FORT Fan

Last week, though, it showed Petra/Dimitry as being the only ones safe. They were completely off.

I miss that other website - was it Vote For No. 1 or something? That seemed like a more accurate predictor for DWTS of who was going home.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie View Post
    Last week, though, it showed Petra/Dimitry as being the only ones safe. They were completely off.

I miss that other website - was it Vote For No. 1 or something? That seemed like a more accurate predictor for DWTS of who was going home.
    Me too. Funny thing about that site was you simply voted once. And they were usually dead on for every season I followed them. I remember they couldn't call the winner for season 8, as the votes on their site were too close to call (which turned out to be true on the show), and a couple of times in season 9 they were off as well. I wonder why they shut down? It'd put me more at ease to know where everyone stands.

I don't put a lot of stock in DI. The times they've been right I think was dumb luck. But they're all we have. Considering they have different people all across the board, that should say what tonight will be. I checked several times after the show last night, and I think the only result that didn't change was the DI score of Kendra being at the bottom. I must have mis-read Chris's result, but he was at the bottom at one point last night.

FORT Fogey

Me too. Funny thing about that site was you simply voted once. And they were usually dead on for every season I followed them. I remember they couldn't call the winner for season 8, as the votes on their site were too close to call (which turned out to be true on the show), and a couple of times in season 9 they were off as well. I wonder why they shut down? It'd put me more at ease to know where everyone stands.

I don't put a lot of stock in DI. The times they've been right I think was dumb luck. But they're all we have. Considering they have different people all across the board, that should say what tonight will be. I checked several times after the show last night, and I think the only result that didn't change was the DI score of Kendra being at the bottom. I must have mis-read Chris's result, but he was at the bottom at one point last night.
    The thing is that the DI scores are very close which makes it difficult to really be confident at all.

I was surprised last week at Petra as she was safe. I am a little skeptical when you have one contestant only safe which ultimately represents millions of votes, and they are voted off.
    That also happened on AI. Di can be off, but by millions of votes? Hmmm....

This, however, is extremely close!

If I had to guess, I would either go with Kendra because she is the most obvious - we have had all the drama with her - or perhaps with the dramatic shock elimination.

Now, the lowest scorer was Karina and Ralph but obviously they got the sympathy votes. It would be a shock, and I think cruel for the producers to do it, but then no one could prove it.

The other possibility could be Chris as the judges panned him last night, but he would still be a shock as an elimination. I believe he is a fairly popular and likeable contestant, but Len has said that he lacks musicality.
    They also have recently been in the bottom 3.

Kirsty could be a shock elimination, but I think that the judges are looking forward to her being in the F3 or at least F4, and the producers are aware that Kirsty is not only trying extremely hard but is also a big publicity draw ( I think) for them.
    I don't think she will go before she actually loses out.

I guess we will see what happens...
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

I think there's a lot of possibilities who could go tonight. I still think Hines and Chelsea have nothing to worry about, but I could be completely wrong. Declaring someone a front runner, the one to beat, the one you want in the finals can often backfire. Assuming producer manipulation isn't at work, people may assume Kirstie is safe, either by her fanbase or by TPTB and vote elsewhere. CA's comment may have alienated people who don't like Kirstie. She's considered the biggest name this season and has been a very pleasant surprise in many ways. Maks has a huge fan base that would love to see him finally win, and what a win to be remembered for. But, he also has people who can't stand him.

Kendra is very polarizing but may have a stronger fan base than people suspect. I do think her time is coming, and quite honestly I think she's the only one that wouldn't be a shocking elimination. Chris and Ralph may get sympathy votes for having a bad week when they've done so well otherwise. Chris wouldn't surprise me too much. But athletes tend to have a pretty big fan base to last on here. The one I question the most is Romeo. I have no idea where his fan base is, and if people threw their votes elsewhere like crazy and doubled their efforts behind people like Chris and Ralph, he may come up short. Should be an interesting (and potentially nerve wracking) night.

Dial Idol results after last nights show:

Romeo & Chelsie 1-5
    Kirstie & Maksim 1-5
    Chelsea & Mark 1-5
    Hines & Kym 1-5
    Ralph & Karina 1-6
    Kendra & Louis 5-6
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

I think Ralph is going tonight and I base that hunch on fan base. I see Kendra staying longer than Romeo, as well.

I really don't care who goes as long as it isn't Kirsty and Mak.

+ Reply to Thread