+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;4106942;
    This brings up a good point. Do you think people might be voting for her for the same reason? I have
    wondered if she might be getting votes from people just "to prove a point". Does that make sense?
    She's got the mighty strength of the smoking Tea Party behind her so she really doesn't need the "prove a point" votes (and I doubt there are very many). Why would anyone who loves this show want to make a mockery of it?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4106947;
    She's got the mighty strength of the smoking Tea Party behind her so she really doesn't need the "prove a point" votes (and I doubt there are very many). Why would anyone who loves this show want to make a mockery of it?
    The only group I've run across that's actively pushing members to vote for Bristol is the hillbuzz.org group (people who were Hilary Clinton supporters in the last presidential election and are still angry at how the Democratic party treated her). There are probably other groups too -- I just happened to see a story about hillbuzz a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4107021;
    The only group I've run across that's actively pushing members to vote for Bristol is the hillbuzz.org group (people who were Hilary Clinton supporters in the last presidential election and are still angry at how the Democratic party treated her). There are probably other groups too -- I just happened to see a story about hillbuzz a couple of weeks ago.
    All of the couples have fansites and groups pushing votes for their favorite. I just don't see the "OMG" Bristol/Mark fans are trying to get people to vote for them. I see the couples posting the phone number and "please vote for us" on twitter and FB. You get votes the best way you can on this show. That's the name of the game, if you want to stay.

It doesn't matter, because Jennifer and Derek are going to win this thing. The judges will see to that, if the voters don't.

Bristol is last in raw numbers and that has been accurate quite a few times this season. I'll still believe it when I see it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4107069;
    Bristol is last in raw numbers and that has been accurate quite a few times this season. I'll still believe it when I see it.
    These are the DWTS scores which have actually been more indicative this season:

Kyle = 52.512
    Bristol = 51.104
    Brandy = 48.342
    Jennifer = 48.043

Even though this does not take into account texting and online voting, it is interesting to me, that on this indicator ( even though slightly) with the combined judges' score of a 60 and the busy signals, Jennifer is actual at the bottom of the list.

Of course I can't be sure what the producers' totals from everything are, but I would not want to bet even my spending money that Jennifer beat out Brandy or if she did by very much.

Remember that Tom made mention that was not necessarily the bottom 2 which means that Bristol was not really in the bottom 2 ( by virtual of a strong popular vote).
    Since Brandy was, who really was in the bottom two with her?

If you use this indicator, and it is the only one we have, would you say it was Kyle or Jennifer?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Newbie

I believe it was Jennifer Grey.

I think it was Kyle.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4107778;
    I think it was Kyle.
    I don't know, Anders. With a solid 60 and a strong popular vote, Jennifer should definitely - without a doubt - been up at the top of the heap on the DWTS stats. That has been the way it has been in the past with similar contestants ( scoring the solid 10s and 60s and obviously the judges' idea of the best natural dancer). She should not be at the bottom. Something is not right here.
    Let me go back and do some back checking.

- John McMillan

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u
    All of the couples have fansites and groups pushing votes for their favorite. I just don't see the "OMG" Bristol/Mark fans are trying to get people to vote for them. I see the couples posting the phone number and "please vote for us" on twitter and FB. You get votes the best way you can on this show. That's the name of the game, if you want to stay
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4107021;
    Hillbuzz is large yes, but also there are:

Freeps (freerepublic) (bloggers are crazy there lol)
    Conservatives4Palin have it on the front page
    us4palin
    MotivationTruth

To name a just a few! These are not entertainment websites. They are MAJOR political websites aimed at political followers who are encouraging people who do not watch the show to vote. And they are having a HUGE effect. The funny thing is, it's these idiots vs. the regular viewing audience of the show. It's not a battle between repubs and democrats... it's just a bunch of idiots messing up the show.

Of course, "vote for the worst" is backing her as well. Naturally.

Bloomers, I wonder if Jenn is getting even less votes than DialIdol is predicting. I figure those perfect scores are the judges way of helping her get by.

I honestly think if Jenn goes next week, well, Kyle will pick up her votes and at least have a chance to beat Bristol. I don't think Jenn has a shot at all, unless the judges just hand it to her.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 11-17-2010 at 02:38 PM.

FORT Fogey

Ok....I went back and looked at DI in past seasons for this last week, and it looks to me like this has been a rather pivotal week. For instance, this last week during his season was Donny's bad week, and he was a solid next to the bottom on the DialIdol's DWTS stat's list. At the same time, F3 Lance (Lacey's partner) blew out the ceiling that week and scored a 76 to F2 Warren Sapp's 48, F1 Brooke's 38, and F4 Cody's 36. A shocker to me was that during her season, that week F1 Shawn came in flat on the bottom of DWTS behind Gilles, Melissa, and the popular Ty ( who had been in what they called the "real bottom 2" several times.)

What does that say about Kyle then?

It may be saying that Kyle is having a Lance week, or it may be saying that the public has "discovered" Kyle as of last night, and the vote is showing that they at least liked what they saw last night.

- John McMillan

+ Reply to Thread