+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;4101325;
    where does one go to find dial idol predictions? I went to the web site and I couldn't find anything regarding this season.
    I am not good with links, but if you will google DialIdol, get the link, and go to the site, you will see over in the right corner a small box where you see a box of shows. Scroll down until you find DWTS. It will automatically come up on this week's results. You can go from there to view Raw Scores, etc.

Hope that helps.

Is there any news about how the voting went last night?

I never can understand how to read them except when they clearly specify the couple who will be leaving. It looks like they're showing pretty much a dead-heat. I checked the predictions at puredwts and they don't specify but seem to be leaning towards Brandy going home.
    That might just do it for me for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;4106854;
    Is there any news about how the voting went last night?
    If you mean DialIdol, the raw numbers have Bristol last with Jennifer and Brandy at the top, but that indicator is usually set after the East Coast airing and does not account for the HUGE number of online votes, texts that are submitted. As for the voting process last night, I've heard many, many people complain that they were not able to get through on the phone, or that the ABC site was a hassle. Personally, online voting was a beast last night and this AM.

If you're curious about the consensus of who's probably going home tonight, it's a toss-up. Some websites have Bristol trailing in polls and expect Brandy, Jennifer, and Kyle in the finals, while some forums and blogs expect it will come down to Brandy vs. Kyle/Bristol, and Brandy goes home. Everyone assumes that, with her 60, Jennifer is a shoe-in for the finals, and let's face it, she has been since pre-season regardless of the fake fall from grace.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4106859;
    I never can understand how to read them except when they clearly specify the couple who will be leaving. It looks like they're showing pretty much a dead-heat. I checked the predictions at puredwts and they don't specify but seem to be leaning towards Brandy going home.
    That might just do it for me for this season.
    I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Brandy goes home tonight. In fact, I was thinking last night about how the raw votes have been going in recent weeks and even though Kyle has been close to the bottom, I think he has probably picked up some fans in the last couple of weeks.

The scores were relatively close last night, 60 J/D, 58 K/L, 57 B/M and B/Mark 53. I think Bristol's fan base is big enough that she could overcome K/L & B/M. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if Bristol stayed for the finals next week. I doesn't really matter who stays or goes tonight, because Jennifer and Derek are going to win the trophy. Sadly, You can count on it!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 11-16-2010 at 04:30 PM.

FORT Fanatic

I hope you're right.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I feel like unless you're Cheryl or have the last name Hough/Ballas you can't win. Kym got lucky for being in the only H/B free finale since season 4 and partnering an Osmond, and Alec for being in the first season when none of the above were included. It'd be nice next season to see the all mighty Derek get someone who isn't as light on their feet as Jennifer, Nicole, and the rest. Even his worst partners would probably have Jonathan and Tony rolling in the aisles laughing after what they've endured. But I wonder if the show sees Derek's enormous popularity, and wants him to do well every season for ratings sake (I don't think it'd matter, personally), and to give that he's this great choreographer/dancer and don't want him to have to dumb down his choreography (I say just have his partner shake it a little more in front of the judges-always seems to work for Bruno anyway ) But I feel Jennifer's got the win, which she's had since week 1, and that Bristol may very well be in the finals. A win/win for the trio. If people do switch their votes to other contestants after their favorite goes, and if people felt Kyle needed them more than Brandy, he may slip in. Either it'll be those 2 in jeopardy, or they might actually try something suspenseful and put Bristol in the bottom 2 against one of them, raise our hopes she's going home, and then dash them when the other name is read.

I would find it funny if they put Jennifer/Bristol in the bottom 2 together But I guess they only reserved that for Audrina.

FORT Fan

I think Brandy is gone.

DI shows this

Kyle = 52.512
    Bristol = 51.104
    Brandy = 48.342
    Jennifer = 48.043

If that is true and indicative, Brandy didn't get enough judging points to keep Jennifer behind her.

Oh, well, good thing I'm in Florida next week for Thanksgiving week. I don't have to worry about DVRing or watching.

I hope Bristol wins and ABC gets egg all over it's manipulative "face".

I may just do like the majority of her "fans" and call and text in votes for her even though I won't actually be watching the show, LOL!!

FORT Fanatic

This brings up a good point. Do you think people might be voting for her for the same reason? I have
    wondered if she might be getting votes from people just "to prove a point". Does that make sense?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;4106942;
    This brings up a good point. Do you think people might be voting for her for the same reason? I have
    wondered if she might be getting votes from people just "to prove a point". Does that make sense?
    The "Vote For The Worst" contingent? Sure. Between those 15-year-old losers and Mommie's lemmings, I think that's exactly why Lumpy is still there. Add that to ridiculous "judging on the curve" (for this contestant only) and it adds up.

It's sure not because she is a good dancer.

+ Reply to Thread