+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Re: DialIdol Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3397961;
    This may not be accurate since it's still early, but DialIdol currently has Steve/Karina in first when it comes to the busy signals. Gilles/Cheryl, Shawn/Mark, and LT/Edyta round out the top 4, and in the bottom 4 are Holly/Dmitry, Chuck/Julianne, DAG/Kym, and Steve-O/Lacey.
    Isn't DI just tracking the people who sign up to vote through them? Probably not representative of the entire "normal" viewing population.

Also, unlike AmIdol where you can't vote until after the show ends, with DWTS you can vote from the beginning, during and after the show. I don't think the concept of tracking the busy signal works as well in this case.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

It also doesn't track the online votes and texting. Again, I'm not sure how accurate it is, although it's probably dead on with Holly being last and Gilles and Shawn being in the top 4. Of course with the Woz and his computer geek community I wouldn't be surprised there, either.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3398481;
    It also doesn't track the online votes and texting. Again, I'm not sure how accurate it is, although it's probably dead on with Holly being last and Gilles and Shawn being in the top 4. Of course with the Woz and his computer geek community I wouldn't be surprised there, either.

It's far less accurate for DWTS than it is for AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3398485;
    It's far less accurate for DWTS than it is for AI.
    I hope so, but remember Steve wasn't even in the bottom two last week so this concerns me. I think he's created his own variation on the 'vote for the worst' concept - not that they would call it that, but he seems to be rallying his troops.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3398523;
    I hope so, but remember Steve wasn't even in the bottom two last week so this concerns me. I think he's created his own variation on the 'vote for the worst' concept - not that they would call it that, but he seems to be rallying his troops.
    I think this points out the fact that at some level this isn't really a dance competition but rather a popularity contest. Which I have no problem with as I vote for who I like rather than who is technically the best dancer. I think that is subjective anyway.

It reminds me of AmIdol in that every year there are some good singers who get voted off before some clearly less talented people who have a fan base. However, towards the end, the talent usually wins out. I hope that is true for DWTS, too.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3398523;
    And unlike Marissa from season 6 his troops have the knowledge of the computer industry.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3398620;
    And unlike Marissa from season 6 his troops have the knowledge of the computer industry.
    And how! I can only imagine the tech world intentionally trying to test the limits of every security measure set up by AI just to see if they can.

Quote Originally Posted by jcsorrels;3398593;
    I think this points out the fact that at some level this isn't really a dance competition but rather a popularity contest. Which I have no problem with as I vote for who I like rather than who is technically the best dancer. I think that is subjective anyway.

It reminds me of AmIdol in that every year there are some good singers who get voted off before some clearly less talented people who have a fan base. However, towards the end, the talent usually wins out. I hope that is true for DWTS, too.
    I so hope you're right. Imagine if Cloris Leachman had the power of the technophiles trying to keep her in the competition! *shudder*

Last week Steve and Karina were last on Dial Idol...he is using his geeks to keep his run going. Dial Idol cannot control on line votes. There was an article today from Computer World magazine saying that he blogged all his geeks asking them to help him to show America it is not just about the pretty people. The writer of the article suggests that when he starts knocking good people off then it will be wrong...because the show needs to be about talent...and he does not have it.

FORT Fogey

I'm curious to see if Woz is safe agin this week too. It's really time for him to go but after what happened last week I wouldn't be shocked to see him safe. And I agree with Debbie that when he stays and much better people go that's when some will get angry. If O and Holly go before him even though he's worse there won't be outrage. That could change next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3398798;
    I'm curious to see if Woz is safe agin this week too. It's really time for him to go but after what happened last week I wouldn't be shocked to see him safe. And I agree with Debbie that when he stays and much better people go that's when some will get angry. If O and Holly go before him even though he's worse there won't be outrage. That could change next week.
    He and Holly should go. I think when it becomes about the vote for the win and he asks for his fans to manipulate votes....which I consider the creation of several screen names to be...then the talent is lost. As much as the show is a popularity contest...usually the talent of the couple entertwine within the popular vote!!

+ Reply to Thread