+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 68 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy;3907820;
    Can someone explain how Erin can have 377 to Chad's 77 and be in last place? I don't understand raw numbers. How does that work?
    I have no clue how DI gets their "score." I'm assuming that it's some proportion of votes cast to busy signals. Basically, the greater number of busy signals you have in attempted votes, the better your score. So, even if only a few votes were cast by phone, if the majority of those were busy signals, then you have a better DI score.

Like 20/25 busy signals is better than 10/225. Kinda like equivalent fractions.

I'm guessing entirely. DI might do something else to get that score.

This week, though, the "final" number of DI were set at 10:30pm EST. They didn't change even after the west coast viewing.

To me, that means, the indicator is inaccurate.

Re: 5/24 Finale Pt 1 - Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

DialIdol (unreliable as it has been this season) shows Nicole going. Evan was top rated by them.

FORT Fanatic

I thought DialIdol had Erin going. I hope you are right!

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;3913379;
    I thought DialIdol had Erin going. I hope you are right!
    I was looking at the interval voting graph, which I found to be most instructive. But now that I look at the other graphs it doesn't seem to correlate to the total votes so something is amiss. Sorry, looks like the numbers might be worthless.

FORT Fanatic

What is the interval voting graph?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think the raw numbers section is supposed to be the most accurate in terms of voting.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

For argument's sake, I'll bump this thread. Do I ever miss vote #1.

On the main page, everything is too close to call, but they have Margaret/Louis at the bottom. However, if you look at the raw numbers screen, Mike/Karina are at the bottom, with Bristol/Mark second to last. Last week, raw numbers has Michael/Chelsie in last, and the first week, David/Kym (the main pages both weeks were too close to call). Hopefully Jersey Mike takes his cocky attitude and abs and heads back to the shore. I don't know what's worse, his ego or the judges insistance at fawning over him. With stunt casting, I don't know if the show believes it's own hype that people would be inclined to vote for someone like him, but I'd really love for them to realize he isn't what America wants to see every week.

I'd be perfectly happy with The Situation going home this week. The scores were absurd where he was concerned. He tries hard but the dance was just flat out bad and the judges are selling him big time. Clearly they want him to stay over Cho or Flo. My fear is they keep building him week after week. If he makes it through this week and I think he will just wait for judges to boost him again next week.

Checked with Dial Idol this morning and it shows Derek and Jennifer 1st with Bristol and Mark 2nd. Audrina and Brandy are also shown as being safe. At the bottom are Karina's partner-with-the-stupid-name and Forence. I know DI isn't all that reliable, but I wonder if anyone whom they estimated as the top vote-getters and therefore safe has ever been the one leaving?
    Carrie Ann was on JK last night and she guessed Bristol or Karina's partner would be going home this week. If Bristol's call in votes are that high, it wouldn't seem likely she's leaving yet. (But I don't know how accurate they are.)
    Surprisingly, Rick and Kurt are also in jeopardy by their figures.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4082278;
    Checked with Dial Idol this morning and it shows Derek and Jennifer 1st with Bristol and Mark 2nd. Audrina and Brandy are also shown as being safe. At the bottom are Karina's partner-with-the-stupid-name and Forence. I know DI isn't all that reliable, but I wonder if anyone whom they estimated as the top vote-getters and therefore safe has ever been the one leaving?
    Carrie Ann was on JK last night and she guessed Bristol or Karina's partner would be going home this week. If Bristol's call in votes are that high, it wouldn't seem likely she's leaving yet. (But I don't know how accurate they are.)
    Surprisingly, Rick and Kurt are also in jeopardy by their figures.
    Although it would appear that DialIdol could not be off that much - Bristol is second from the top, and not much behind Jennifer and Derek which would indicate that Bristol received a lot of call in votes - DWTS has no official vote verification source; therefore, if they wanted to say that Bristol received the lowest amount of call in votes and therefore was leaving tonight, who could efficiently challenge the producers?
    In the end with the way that the voting system is set up, the show and producers are responsible to no one for any kind of integrity on the results.

My personal opinion is that they should verify their results with an impartial accounting firm or something or that sort.

+ Reply to Thread