+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 677
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

  1. #281
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    I would have to agree that if Kate got really far to begin with, let alone in the finals, this should would get a serious blow struck to it. I think they cast certain characters like her to do the job of getting publicity riled up for the show, without the intention of her lasting very long. But they sometimes forget the power of the public. I would say Marie was as close to a train wreck as possible of being in the finals but she wasn't horrid like Kate. Ty Murray and Marissa Winokour definitely outlasted better dancers to get to the semi finals. There's sometimes one couple who you can't believe who's voting for them late in the competition, but I don't think they're as bad as Kate. And on the terms of pro fanbases, Tony is fairly popular and some people may pity him in terms of being stuck with Kate and for that reason alone 'punish' the show by voting for them and keeping them around.

    I'll have more faith in DI if the results hold up, though I didn't need that site to tell me Aiden wasn't doing so hot. Vote #1 just had to go down this season of all seasons. But I have a hard time believing Buzz and Kate were the top two vote getters.

  2. #282
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3861918;
    I would have to agree that if Kate got really far to begin with, let alone in the finals, this should would get a serious blow struck to it. I think they cast certain characters like her to do the job of getting publicity riled up for the show, without the intention of her lasting very long. But they sometimes forget the power of the public. I would say Marie was as close to a train wreck as possible of being in the finals but she wasn't horrid like Kate. Ty Murray and Marissa Winokour definitely outlasted better dancers to get to the semi finals. There's sometimes one couple who you can't believe who's voting for them late in the competition, but I don't think they're as bad as Kate. And on the terms of pro fanbases, Tony is fairly popular and some people may pity him in terms of being stuck with Kate and for that reason alone 'punish' the show by voting for them and keeping them around.

    I'll have more faith in DI if the results hold up, though I didn't need that site to tell me Aiden wasn't doing so hot. Vote #1 just had to go down this season of all seasons. But I have a hard time believing Buzz and Kate were the top two vote getters.
    I had forgotten about Marissa beating out sweet Mario, who had real potential (even though Len hated him) and great chemistry with Karina. I think what would be even more mind-boggling about Kate making it that far would be that unlike Marissa, Ty and even Buzz, who have actually accomplished something worthy of the fan adulation giving them a pass on the dancing, I just don't get the devotion to her, unless it's meant more as an FU to the show.

    All I can say if it really happens is bring on the "2" paddles!

  3. #283
    FORT Fogey nanarama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,332

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3861945;
    I had forgotten about Marissa beating out sweet Mario, who had real potential (even though Len hated him) and great chemistry with Karina. I think what would be even more mind-boggling about Kate making it that far would be that unlike Marissa, Ty and even Buzz, who have actually accomplished something worthy of the fan adulation giving them a pass on the dancing, I just don't get the devotion to her, unless it's meant more as an FU to the show.

    All I can say if it really happens is bring on the "2" paddles!
    Actually, I wouldn't have a problem with them scoring contestants based on how well they really do. When the show first was starting Monday night and Chad got an 18, I thought it was a fair score. Then the judging started to go downhill. Chad got an 18 but so did Shannon? And Holy Heck! Jake got a 20? Why not give the contestants something to "build up to?"

  4. #284
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,006

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3861948;
    Actually, I wouldn't have a problem with them scoring contestants based on how well they really do. When the show first was starting Monday night and Chad got an 18, I thought it was a fair score. Then the judging started to go downhill. Chad got an 18 but so did Shannon? And Holy Heck! Jake got a 20? Why not give the contestants something to "build up to?"
    Nicole got a "9" the first dance of the season?

    Cheryl speculated in an article that they only got 3 weeks to practice so that they would come out looking more like they were just beginning to learn. For the most part most of them reflected that. However, if that was the intention then the scores should have ranged from 4 to mostly 7s with at the most one 8 perhaps. As it is, these scores compare to seasons when they have had 4 to 7 or 8 weeks to practice before the season starts.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

  5. #285
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3861948;
    Actually, I wouldn't have a problem with them scoring contestants based on how well they really do. When the show first was starting Monday night and Chad got an 18, I thought it was a fair score. Then the judging started to go downhill. Chad got an 18 but so did Shannon? And Holy Heck! Jake got a 20? Why not give the contestants something to "build up to?"
    IA. I thought the 18 was fair until I saw some of the other scores. Unfortunately several seasons ago they went 10-happy and have been slowly trying to ween the viewers off expecting high scores for everyone ever since. I think they should use a score of 5 as average, so if a dancer comes out the first night and does an okay job, he/she gets a 5. If they are poor, like Buzz and Kate, they should be getting 2-4 at best. Better performances can get 6, 7 or maybe an 8 if it is as good as Nicole's was. Save the 9's and 10's until much later in the competition.

  6. #286
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3861948;
    Actually, I wouldn't have a problem with them scoring contestants based on how well they really do. When the show first was starting Monday night and Chad got an 18, I thought it was a fair score. Then the judging started to go downhill. Chad got an 18 but so did Shannon? And Holy Heck! Jake got a 20? Why not give the contestants something to "build up to?"
    That was my biggest issue with the scores. I thought an 18 was just right for Chad, but by the end of the night, felt he got screwed. Same with Erin and Aiden. Buzz, while I would never expect the judges to actually rip him, got way higher than he deserved. Nicole, well, I respect Len for holding his ground and giving her a 7. Jake was good, but not a 20. I always hope that the judges will finally learn and not pad the scores, though I remember last season or season 8 people were shocked and somewhat disgusted they were actually showing the 3 paddles. On our British counterpart, getting 1s, 2s, and 3s is as common as our couples getting 8s, 9s, and 10s.

    I had forgotten about Marissa beating out sweet Mario, who had real potential (even though Len hated him) and great chemistry with Karina. I think what would be even more mind-boggling about Kate making it that far would be that unlike Marissa, Ty and even Buzz, who have actually accomplished something worthy of the fan adulation giving them a pass on the dancing, I just don't get the devotion to her, unless it's meant more as an FU to the show
    It still puzzles me what issue Len had with Mario, unless they were so hell bent on Kristi winning and they thought he was a real threat. Marissa and Ty had the entertaining personalities going for them, and while I wouldn't be surprised if some of the criticism helped sway people to vote for them (like Len telling Ty it was time for him to hit the road-and there stood Ty with that loveable grin on his face), I think they had other factors going for them. They were entertaining, it was obvious they were out of their comfort zones, they were working their behinds off, and they really wanted to be there. Kate is none of the above. Casting her might end up backfiring if she lasts longer than expected.

  7. #287
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,006

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3861998;
    That was my biggest issue with the scores. I thought an 18 was just right for Chad, but by the end of the night, felt he got screwed. Same with Erin and Aiden. Buzz, while I would never expect the judges to actually rip him, got way higher than he deserved. Nicole, well, I respect Len for holding his ground and giving her a 7. Jake was good, but not a 20. I always hope that the judges will finally learn and not pad the scores, though I remember last season or season 8 people were shocked and somewhat disgusted they were actually showing the 3 paddles. On our British counterpart, getting 1s, 2s, and 3s is as common as our couples getting 8s, 9s, and 10s.



    It still puzzles me what issue Len had with Mario, unless they were so hell bent on Kristi winning and they thought he was a real threat. Marissa and Ty had the entertaining personalities going for them, and while I wouldn't be surprised if some of the criticism helped sway people to vote for them (like Len telling Ty it was time for him to hit the road-and there stood Ty with that loveable grin on his face), I think they had other factors going for them. They were entertaining, it was obvious they were out of their comfort zones, they were working their behinds off, and they really wanted to be there. Kate is none of the above. Casting her might end up backfiring if she lasts longer than expected.


    Bottom line: This is an entertainment show as opposed to an official dance competition, and they are letting us vote; therefore, we vote for what pleases us. We don't have to be objective. If what pleases us is who dances proficiently best, we vote for that person. If what pleases us is who has the most engaging personality or who we deem to have tried the hardest with what ability she or he had, we can freely and without guilt vote for that person. Sometimes we may just like that person, but if that is what that person has going for him or her, it has been given to us to vote for that person simply because we are moved to do so.

    On the other hand, while this is an entertainment show and not an official dance competition, we do expect the judges - by virtue of the fact that they "wear" the label of judge - to score fairly and by some kind of system. Otherwise, they should just make comments like on American Idol, and all the voting and placement should be left up to us, the viewers.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

  8. #288
    Bam!Bam! YellowRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bedrock
    Posts
    533

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Doesn't it seem each season the beginning scores keep getting higher and higher. Come on judges, these are "suppose" to be amateurs just learning to ballroom dance. 8's 9's and 10's shouldn't be garnered until towards the ends. This show has become a joke. It has made my list of only watch once in awhile shows.

  9. #289
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    I think I'm going to be physically ill (and consider moving to Canada) if DialIdol is correct (will we ever really know, since the show doesn't reveal public voting?) and Kate Gosselin is the top home vote getter.

    What the hell is wrong with the American public?

    It can't be true. Huge ratings or not on her crappy kid exploiting show, that many people can't admire her. A lot of those viewers have to be watching to see her be a BAD mom, not one they admire, right?

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  10. #290
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,006

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3862182;
    I think I'm going to be physically ill (and consider moving to Canada) if DialIdol is correct (will we ever really know, since the show doesn't reveal public voting?) and Kate Gosselin is the top home vote getter.

    What the hell is wrong with the American public?

    It can't be true. Huge ratings or not on her crappy kid exploiting show, that many people can't admire her. A lot of those viewers have to be watching to see her be a BAD mom, not one they admire, right?
    This is shaping up to be even more interesting than the Gilles/Melissa/Shawn season where we had 3 pugilistic, adamant groups, but at least the three of them could all dance pretty well. They also were basically liked by most people.

    I don't know Kate because I never saw her show and really never paid a lot of attention to the gossip surrounding her, but boy-heidi are the feelings strong concerning her!!

    I want to say that the votes on DI have somehow been jimmied. That is my gut, but I am not really knowledgable about how it is done - only that it has been done at least during the Gilles/Shawn finale, and TPTB were aware of it. At that point, they did somehow correct it.

    Does she have this many fans, and are they coming out in the droves to vote for her? I haven't got the foggiest notion. I want to say that the reaction on here would say "no", but I can't say that with any confidence.

    There are gossip columns claiming she is going to win this, but except for Tony, I don't see how they can begin to claim something like that with Nicole, Evan, and even Chad in the running.

    I think we are going to need to keep our eyes peeled so to speak and see what comes out in the media.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.