+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 677
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

  1. #241
    FORT Fogey Cerese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    I enjoy watching Mya dance each week because she is good and there aren't a lot of theatrics along with her dancing. She was told to cut out the tricks and I think for the most part she has done that. She was invited to be on the show - and she should give it her all - past experience included. And of course there is alot of drama with many wondering will the better dancer win - or the more popular but not necessarily the better dancer ?? I think Donnie over acts - and Kelly certainly does with all the tears. I think both have improved a lot - and both should feel very proud of themselves for trying something totally new and doing very well each week. But although I am being asked to vote for my favorite - I have always interpreted the show's purpose as establishing the best dancer. I didn't feel the Olympic star last time was the best dancer but clearly she had a huge fan base, and therefore she won. I think it's nice that the experience on the show has been good for Kelly's self esteem but I don't feel the winner should win out of pity. Kelly and Donnie are not the dancer that Mya is. Mya was invited to participate - therefore it should not be held against her that she has had some experience. Alot of people like to watch good dancing - and so her presence on the show is good for the ratings. Mya has worked hard to learn the routines - maybe it has come more easily to her - but that should not be held against her. Kelly and Donnie have huge fan bases - and I can't hold that against them either !

  2. #242
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    72

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3753009;
    Kelly and Donnie have huge fan bases - and I can't hold that against them either !
    Kelly did not come in with a huge fan base, or hardly any fan base at all.

    In Week 3, Kelly came in 6th in fan support per VN1 - less than Natalie.

    In Week 4, Kelly came in 8th in fan support - less than Natalie or Joanna.

    In Week 5, Kelly came in 7th in fan support - below Joanna and Natalie.

    In Week 6, Kelly came in 6th in fan support - 3 points below Joanna.

    In Week 7, Kelly came in 5th in fan support - more than 4 points below Joanna.

    In Week 8, Kelly came second to last in fan support, behind everyone but Aaron. She was in the bottom two.

    Only last week, Week 9, did Kelly overtake Joanna on VN1, and Joanna went home.

  3. #243
    FORT Fogey nanarama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,331

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3753009;
    I enjoy watching Mya dance each week because she is good and there aren't a lot of theatrics along with her dancing. She was told to cut out the tricks and I think for the most part she has done that. She was invited to be on the show - and she should give it her all - past experience included. And of course there is alot of drama with many wondering will the better dancer win - or the more popular but not necessarily the better dancer ?? I think Donnie over acts - and Kelly certainly does with all the tears. I think both have improved a lot - and both should feel very proud of themselves for trying something totally new and doing very well each week. But although I am being asked to vote for my favorite - I have always interpreted the show's purpose as establishing the best dancer. I didn't feel the Olympic star last time was the best dancer but clearly she had a huge fan base, and therefore she won. I think it's nice that the experience on the show has been good for Kelly's self esteem but I don't feel the winner should win out of pity. Kelly and Donnie are not the dancer that Mya is. Mya was invited to participate - therefore it should not be held against her that she has had some experience. Alot of people like to watch good dancing - and so her presence on the show is good for the ratings. Mya has worked hard to learn the routines - maybe it has come more easily to her - but that should not be held against her. Kelly and Donnie have huge fan bases - and I can't hold that against them either !
    I want to see dancers who give me "joy." I don't get any positive emotion from watching her. While she is technically very good, I could feel the same from watcing a robot perform the moves perfectly. It also doesn't help that I find her personality annoying. She has tried to "tone it down" the past couple of weeks - perhaps because she's gotten the scores she felt she deserved, but criticize her performance and watch her haughty attitude.
    I really didn't care for Joanna as far as the choices she's made. Reports of her poor atitude in the previous reality show, potty mouth and posing for Playboy (yes, I'm one of those old fashioned people that has a dislike for that behavior) turn me off personally, but I can appreciate the beauty and emotion from her dances. And, like her or not, she left the show with grace.
    This is why I think many people would've preferred a Donny, Joanna, Kelly final three over Mya even if her previous dance experience wasn't a factor. (And I'm still incredulous that Mya would compain about wardrobe malfuntions in front of Donny after Kym's shredded dress. That's like complaining about having had a scratchy throat in front of someone who's just had the swine flu!)

  4. #244
    FORT Newbie grincognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    27

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    I'm glad Joanna and her duck lips are gone. Such a shame she did that to her face, but I couldn't help but stare.

  5. #245
    FORT Fogey Cerese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3753413;
    I want to see dancers who give me "joy." I don't get any positive emotion from watching her. While she is technically very good, I could feel the same from watcing a robot perform the moves perfectly. It also doesn't help that I find her personality annoying. She has tried to "tone it down" the past couple of weeks - perhaps because she's gotten the scores she felt she deserved, but criticize her performance and watch her haughty attitude.
    I really didn't care for Joanna as far as the choices she's made. Reports of her poor atitude in the previous reality show, potty mouth and posing for Playboy (yes, I'm one of those old fashioned people that has a dislike for that behavior) turn me off personally, but I can appreciate the beauty and emotion from her dances. And, like her or not, she left the show with grace.
    This is why I think many people would've preferred a Donny, Joanna, Kelly final three over Mya even if her previous dance experience wasn't a factor. (And I'm still incredulous that Mya would compain about wardrobe malfuntions in front of Donny after Kym's shredded dress. That's like complaining about having had a scratchy throat in front of someone who's just had the swine flu!)
    I appreciate your comments - perhaps I wasn't finding myself looking for personality - I was looking solely at the dancing and I didn't find anything offensive about Mya but I can see what you are saying. I just felt from the beginning that Donny was in my face all the time and I didn't care for Kelly's tears - or her dancing. I don't think Mya has connected with her audience and that is important and that may be the reason she is the center of so much controversy. I felt she danced very well and I enjoyed seeing that - but I guess I wasn't looking for her connection to me. I thought Joanna danced beautifully but she didn't seem to have the confidence that others have in the past who have not had experience. I was surprised that she didn't get the votes - I felt she should have been in the finals based on dancing. I didn't connect with her or Mya - it was just the negatives for Donny and Kelly - and so I found myself hoping for Joanna or Mya. Now that Joanna is out - I feel Mya is the best dancer - and if Kelly or Donny win when they haven't been getting the scores that Mya has been getting - it will seem kind of odd. The judges spend the season commenting on the dancing - the technique, form etc and I guess that is what I am looking at for a winner. I haven't felt Mya is as aloof as others have said.

  6. #246
    FORT Fan Peacheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    316

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by grincognito;3753652;
    I'm glad Joanna and her duck lips are gone. Such a shame she did that to her face, but I couldn't help but stare.
    I'm sorry she is gone because she is a better ballroom dancer than Kelly or Donny. I see no point in picking on anyone's appearance.

  7. #247
    FORT Fan I<3JAY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    269

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;3753811;
    I appreciate your comments - perhaps I wasn't finding myself looking for personality - I was looking solely at the dancing and I didn't find anything offensive about Mya but I can see what you are saying. I just felt from the beginning that Donny was in my face all the time and I didn't care for Kelly's tears - or her dancing. I don't think Mya has connected with her audience and that is important and that may be the reason she is the center of so much controversy. I felt she danced very well and I enjoyed seeing that - but I guess I wasn't looking for her connection to me. I thought Joanna danced beautifully but she didn't seem to have the confidence that others have in the past who have not had experience. I was surprised that she didn't get the votes - I felt she should have been in the finals based on dancing. I didn't connect with her or Mya - it was just the negatives for Donny and Kelly - and so I found myself hoping for Joanna or Mya. Now that Joanna is out - I feel Mya is the best dancer - and if Kelly or Donny win when they haven't been getting the scores that Mya has been getting - it will seem kind of odd. The judges spend the season commenting on the dancing - the technique, form etc and I guess that is what I am looking at for a winner. I haven't felt Mya is as aloof as others have said.
    I completely agree with you. I have been a fan of Mya's since week 1, and am very surprise of the backlash, but this is FORT and nobody will agree completely.

    I too look for "joy" in the dancing, and I see that entirely with Mya. She actually gives me goosebumps. Joanna and Derek were phenomenal with their futuristic dance. Loved Loved loved it. And i absolutely disliked Joanna, but I was so impressed that i voted for her for the very first time.

    Without a doubt, I will be voting for the best dancer come Monday night. I guarantee you that will not be Kelly. Adorable and likeable, but not trophy winner. And Donny....blaming your sister, making out with Bruno, and his over-the-top personality is just plain annoying. I actually believe it when Kelly and Mya dance, but Donny is just so awkward to me. JMO

    Go Mya and Kelly...but hoping Mya for the win....

  8. #248
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,999

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by I<3JAY;3753901;
    I completely agree with you. I have been a fan of Mya's since week 1, and am very surprise of the backlash, but this is FORT and nobody will agree completely.

    I too look for "joy" in the dancing, and I see that entirely with Mya. She actually gives me goosebumps. Joanna and Derek were phenomenal with their futuristic dance. Loved Loved loved it. And i absolutely disliked Joanna, but I was so impressed that i voted for her for the very first time.

    Without a doubt, I will be voting for the best dancer come Monday night. I guarantee you that will not be Kelly. Adorable and likeable, but not trophy winner. And Donny....blaming your sister, making out with Bruno, and his over-the-top personality is just plain annoying. I actually believe it when Kelly and Mya dance, but Donny is just so awkward to me. JMO

    Go Mya and Kelly...but hoping Mya for the win....


    This is not intended for you personally , but is directed at every post in which the sentiment is that the vote should go to the best dancer. The best dancer is ALWAYS the pro, so which pro gets the vote?
    On the other hand, Mya's resume which has been documented and is on display on her thread has established that she, too, is actually a pro, so if we go by the sentiment that we are to vote for the best dancer, and the best dancer is a pro, then I guess the vote should go to the pro, Mya.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

  9. #249
    FORT Fan Nice'n'Easy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    217

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    You said it, Bloomers. And therein lies the problem for me this season.

  10. #250
    FORT Regular twinkletoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    104

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3753981;
    This is not intended for you personally , but is directed at every post in which the sentiment is that the vote should go to the best dancer. The best dancer is ALWAYS the pro, so which pro gets the vote?
    On the other hand, Mya's resume which has been documented and is on display on her thread has established that she, too, is actually a pro, so if we go by the sentiment that we are to vote for the best dancer, and the best dancer is a pro, then I guess the vote should go to the pro, Mya.
    Well said. On Monday, I'm going to vote for the person I think has the best chance of beating Mya. Someone with that much dancing and choreography experience should never have been cast as the "amateur".

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.