+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Don't they become your favorite when you enjoy their dancing. As for me Mya has always been very good and i do enjoy watching her...i also enjoy the other dancers that are left....but still we vote for our favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineAG;3752155;
    No, it isn't. From the show's inception in Great Britain until the present, viewers have never been told to vote for the "best" dancer but to VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITES!

Not Best - Favorite!
    Since nobody but you can determine your favorites, you can use any criteria you wish... and the criteria for some people includes No Ringers. It's a highly personal decision where there are no rules!
    You're right! It is for your favorite! Any my favorite is the BEST dancer...whether they have experience or not! Go Mya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nani;3752260;
    You're right! It is for your favorite! Any (sic) my favorite is the BEST dancer...whether they have experience or not! Go Mya!!!
    But we knew who was the best dancer the day the cast was announced. Why not just hand out the trophy on night one and not put everyone through the ordeal? As a dance pro myself, I'll all for rewarding the best dancer. In this setting, however, I'd prefer to be rewarding the best amateur dancer.

True. We know already who "the best dancer" is ... but how about which celebrity entertains us more?? That's what I look for. I listen to the only judge I think has a clue ... Len ... and I go with who entertained me the most.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3752299;
    True. We know already who "the best dancer" is ... but how about which celebrity entertains us more?? That's what I look for. I listen to the only judge I think has a clue ... Len ... and I go with who entertained me the most.
    I'm not advocating the position. I'm simply exploring the attitudes of viewers. Similarly, why not just look at the early polls to determine who is most entertaining to the majority. Keep them and the rest can stop beating up their bodies -- and then maybe the Monday show could be a manageable hour in length and Tuesday's show just 30 minutes followed be some sitcom to make us all laugh instead of doing whatever this forum turns into at the end of each season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nani;3752260;
    You're right! It is for your favorite! Any my favorite is the BEST dancer...whether they have experience or not! Go Mya!!!
    I love watching Mya and Dimitry dance, although Donny was a sentimental favorite from the beginning, I look forward more to Mya and Dimitry and they never disappoint me, so that's who I vote for. Her salsa was smoking last night.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3752307;
    I love watching Mya and Dimitry dance, although Donny was a sentimental favorite from the beginning, I look forward more to Mya and Dimitry and they never disappoint me, so that's who I vote for. Her salsa was smoking last night.
    She looks like a muppet from Sesame Street when she smiles and bats her eyelashes at the judges during her review. It is so phoney!

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3752327;
    She looks like a muppet from Sesame Street when she smiles and bats her eyelashes at the judges during her review. It is so phoney!
    I'm voting for her dancing. It's a dancing show to me. There are others that have reached further than they should based on popularity and gimmicks. I'm not voting for whom I find the most popular or who has the biggest fanbase, I'm voting for whom I think has the best moves on the dance floor.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

If I had to pick between sending 2 of the worse dancers this season into the finals (Chuck and Louie) over better dancers Joanna and Mya, I'd go for the former and take the two guys. I like having good dancers who aren't dragged around or don't drag their partner around. But I like the entertainment value with that, too, which is why I've been voting for Donny and Kelly since Louie left. Mya and Joanna's personalities are one in the same.

I still think despite Joanna looking like the one to go home, it won't be her. Those sites aren't 100% accurate, sadly, and I just think that Kelly is going to be sent packing I guess we'll know in an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3752303;
    I'm not advocating the position. I'm simply exploring the attitudes of viewers. Similarly, why not just look at the early polls to determine who is most entertaining to the majority. Keep them and the rest can stop beating up their bodies -- and then maybe the Monday show could be a manageable hour in length and Tuesday's show just 30 minutes followed be some sitcom to make us all laugh instead of doing whatever this forum turns into at the end of each season.
    Right on, Peacheater. We all agree that the established criteria is to vote for your favorite, whatever that means, but then continue to advocate for our own interpretation of what should qualify someone as a favorite based on our personal criteria. Puzzling.

+ Reply to Thread