+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3752134;
    I think you only have thirty minutes after the show to vote by phone.
    I may be mistaken, but I thought DI continues to show changes for an hour. I don't call in. I vote online, so I could be incorrect, though.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nani;3752121;
    Just because Mya has natural talent is no reason to blackball her! No where in the show's rules, does it say that the dancers have to have NO experience in dance...there have been many dancers on this show. I'm voting for Mya....she is the best...no matter where she's been or the background. It's not the "Most Improved" dancer...it's the BEST dancer!
    But - in the end - it comes down to the popular vote that certainly can swing the results away from the best to the most liked
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3752136;
    I may be mistaken, but I thought DI continues to show changes for an hour. I don't call in. I vote online, so I could be incorrect, though.
    This is quoted from the voting rules section at ABC.

"Phone lines, text votes (AT&T customers only) and online polls will open at the top of each performance show so that viewers can vote for their favorites. Phone and text lines will stay open for 30 minutes after the end of the show. Online voting will remain open until noon (Eastern Time) the next day."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Nani;3752121;
    It's not the "Most Improved" dancer...it's the BEST dancer!
    No, it isn't. From the show's inception in Great Britain until the present, viewers have never been told to vote for the "best" dancer but to VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITES!

Not Best - Favorite!

Since nobody but you can determine your favorites, you can use any criteria you wish... and the criteria for some people includes No Ringers. It's a highly personal decision where there are no rules!

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3752145;
    This is quoted from the voting rules section at ABC.

"Phone lines, text votes (AT&T customers only) and online polls will open at the top of each performance show so that viewers can vote for their favorites. Phone and text lines will stay open for 30 minutes after the end of the show. Online voting will remain open until noon (Eastern Time) the next day."
    Didn't I hear an announcement at the beginning of the show last night - that voting was open - DURING the show - for last night?!?
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fanatic

The voting is always open during the show.

FORT Regular

Re: 11/16 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3752116;
    The judges made sure to get Mya in the finale, which is completely unfair.o
    Mya could have gotten far lower scores and still wound up in the final. Her fan support is so huge - 34.84% in the latest VN1 polling - that I calculated she could have gotten straight 7's for all three dances and still come out on top among all four couples.

I also calculated that even if Joanna had gotten straight 10's for all three dances it wouldn't have been enough to overcome the voting deficit. She would still go home.

The voting really is that important.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3752164;
    The voting is always open during the show.
    Voting during the show is a clear indication that it is a vote for your FAVORITE. If the criteria was for best dancer or most improved then the voting would be AFTER all the dancers had danced. Never have liked this way of voting. Prefer to see ALL the dancers but if by waiting until the end of the show Ive frequently not been able to get thru and was only able to vote online.

Seriously wishing that Mya would go home!!!
    Last edited by rocketter; 11-17-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3752134;
    I think you only have thirty minutes after the show to vote by phone.
    That is too short a time period.

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineAG;3752155;
    No, it isn't. From the show's inception in Great Britain until the present, viewers have never been told to vote for the "best" dancer but to VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITES!

Not Best - Favorite!

Since nobody but you can determine your favorites, you can use any criteria you wish... and the criteria for some people includes No Ringers. It's a highly personal decision where there are no rules!
    So true.....Listen each week they say "if you want to see your favorite in the finale...."

The premise of this show is to showcase the "stars" and if they are fortunate (Or FAVORITES) they will actually learn to dance along the way...let's be honest...some of the football players in the past are pretty "heavy" footed dancers..never light on the feet..but they would make it fairly far into the competion...why FAN BASE...

I enjoy each week watching Danny & Kelly...why? Because they are entertaining...they make me smile...they are FUN to watch..are they the best? Absolutely not, but they are the most enjoyable. If I wanted to watch "professional" dancing..then I would turn on Professional ball room dancing competitions, however I choose to watch Dancing with the Stars for the entertainment factor.

+ Reply to Thread