+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3751958;
    I gave all my votes to Donny. I'll be bummed if Kelly goes, but I just feel like fanbase wise he might have a better chance of beating the two girls in the finale. Assuming the judges haven't already given the trophy to Mya
    That's the thing: Kelly can't beat Mya, and neither can Donny. They both have loyal, sentimental fans, but neither of them will ever outdance her. With Derek's choreography and provided she steps up like she has the past 2 weeks, Joanna is the only one who could make it seem like an honest competition. Otherwise, we will hear outcries that the Ringer Robot had this thing won before the season started, or (on the flip side) outcries that the stars shouldn't even bother dancing if it's nothing but a popularity contest.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3751962;
    That's the thing: Kelly can't beat Mya, and neither can Donny. They both have loyal, sentimental fans, but neither of them will ever outdance her. With Derek's choreography and provided she steps up like she has the past 2 weeks, Joanna is the only one who could make it seem like an honest competition. Otherwise, we will hear outcries that the Ringer Robot had this thing won before the season started, or (on the flip side) outcries that the stars shouldn't even bother dancing if it's nothing but a popularity contest.
    Based on the percentages from the now-closed VN1 poll, it looks to me that Joanna will go home tonight, and Donny will have an uphill battle getting as many viewer votes as Mya next week. He did it twice this season, in weeks 5 and 8, but by the smallest of margins (<2%); when Mya outpolled Donny, it was by bigger percentages (3%-10%). Unless Joanna voters in large numbers decide to vote for Donny, I think Mya wins and Donny comes in second.

Here's my calculation, based on the respective shares of total judges points awarded and the now-closed polling results on VN1:

Mya - 87/320 = 27.187% + 34.84% public vote = 62.027%
    Joanna - 81/320 = 25.312% + 14.89% public vote = 40.202%
    Kelly - 78/320 = 24.375% + 19.27% public vote = 43.45%
    Donny - 74/320 = 23.125% + 31.85% public vote = 54.135%

If that's anywhere near accurate, it won't even be close. I calculate that even if Joanna achieved perfect 30s for all three dances, outscoring even Mya, she would STILL go home with 42.245% to Kelly's 42.978%. I think it had to be harder for Gilles to come thisclose, losing to Shawn Johnson by what, less than half a percent.

Well, I've finally thrown my hat into the ring and voted by phone and online for the first time this season. Donny is the person I want to win this thing and Mya is the person I want to leave.

He has improved the most as a ballroom dancer and, for me, she's hasn't grown at all because she has been great from week one. I can't even figure out how she qualified for the show....being a professional and all. What's up with that?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3751936;
    As of right now, Vote #1 has Donny and Mya out in the lead, with Joanna in a distant fourth and Kelly in a somewhat comfortable third place. In their other voting polls asking what female won't make the finals, who shouldn't make the finals, and who was the least entertaining, Joanna scored first in all of those.

DI has Joanna in the bottom, with Donny in a slight lead in 3rd over her. Tomorrow should be interesting. However, I'm still betting on Donny or Kelly leaving
    Doesn't Vote Number 1 have a better track record than DI this season? It will interesting to see who they predict to leave. Get it up there already, VN1!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3752056;
    Doesn't Vote Number 1 have a better track record than DI this season? It will interesting to see who they predict to leave. Get it up there already, VN1!
    Typically, yes - however, last week the "safes" and the "bottoms" were called right down the line identically to the way that they were placed on Dial Idol without the slightest variation. I had written down the sequential order of both lists with the intention of keeping a running tally as the show went on. I wanted to see which - if either - was closer to what the show revealed.
    I was quite surprised to see that regardless of the statement "in no particular order" they were following DI to the "T" beginning with Joanna safe who had the highest DI vote (combined judges and call ins) and ending with Aaron eliminated who had the lowest DI vote ( Although he had high judges' scores, DI indicated he had insufficient viewer call-ins to beat out anyone else with a lower judges' score).

Just for a note, the producers don't usually follow DI. They follow Vote#1 as far as who is voted off more frequently, but as far as the Bottom 2 or 3, I am not sure where they get that, and I wouldn't bet my house usually on their weekly results either.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox;3752050;
    Well, I've finally thrown my hat into the ring and voted by phone and online for the first time this season. Donny is the person I want to win this thing and Mya is the person I want to leave.

He has improved the most as a ballroom dancer and, for me, she's hasn't grown at all because she has been great from week one. I can't even figure out how she qualified for the show....being a professional and all. What's up with that?
    I called for 20 minutes straight to vote for Joanna, as soon as the show ended, waited about 10 minutes, called again for 20 minutes straight, waited about 30 minutes & called again for 15 minutes straight. All I got the whole time was BUSY SIGNAL! I never got through even once!! If she goes home it's not because I didn't try to vote.

If Joanna goes home tonight, I'm voting for Donny, nomatter if he falls down on his face & rolls on the floor. (OK, maybe then I'd vote Kelly)
    I agree he has improved a lot, but more important he, Kelly & Joanna have LEARNED to dance well & improved steadily. That's the purpose of the show.
    All Mya has learned is new routines. She was already a professional. She shows minimal emotion, personality, & NO humility whatsoever. All she's doing is showing off what she already knew.
    I'm really disgusted that the show had her on to begin with. She wasn't just a "ringer", she was a PRO. NOT FAIR!:nono:nono
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3752093;
    I called for 20 minutes straight to vote for Joanna, as soon as the show ended, waited about 10 minutes, called again for 20 minutes straight, waited about 30 minutes & called again for 15 minutes straight. All I got the whole time was BUSY SIGNAL! I never got through even once!! If she goes home it's not because I didn't try to vote.

If Joanna goes home tonight, I'm voting for Donny, nomatter if he falls down on his face & rolls on the floor. (OK, maybe then I'd vote Kelly)

I agree he has improved a lot, but more important he, Kelly & Joanna have LEARNED to dance well & improved steadily. That's the purpose of the show.
    All Mya has learned is new routines. She was already a professional. She shows minimal emotion, personality, & NO humility whatsoever. All she's doing is showing off what she already knew.
    I'm really disgusted that the show had her on to begin with. She wasn't just a "ringer", she was a PRO. NOT FAIR!:nono:nono

Kelly and Joanna especially have LEARNED to dance, but even Donny has grown leaps and bounds from the beginning when he was more showman than anything else. I certainly wouldn't have called what he did in the way of dance with the exception of holding on to his female partner anything akin to any of the pro male dancers on the show.

However, Mya stepped out on the first routine looking like the female pros.

You have NAILED it on the head concerning Mya. I absolutely love the line, "All Mya has learned is new routines." Although she learned them and executed them very well, I still feel cheated when I compare her to the rest of the entire field of competition and contemplate the idea that she could very well win this whole thing.
    I feel like I have been cheated of my time in watching and of the emotion I have invested in pulling for all of the rest of the non-professional dancers.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Just because Mya has natural talent is no reason to blackball her! No where in the show's rules, does it say that the dancers have to have NO experience in dance...there have been many dancers on this show. I'm voting for Mya....she is the best...no matter where she's been or the background. It's not the "Most Improved" dancer...it's the BEST dancer!

How long can you vote for after the show? 1 hour? Here in CA. I tried to vote last night for Donny, after 11p.m. but my cell phone lost power and I don't have a land line

FORT Fanatic

I think you only have thirty minutes after the show to vote by phone.

+ Reply to Thread