+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 677
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

  1. #201
    FORT Fogey nanarama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,354

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3747127;
    I have not gotten any busy signals all season for anyone I have voted for.
    Really? In all the years I've voted, I frequently get busy signals. I have never voted and avoided getting a single one.

  2. #202
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,043

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3747003;
    I don't understand why people think Kelly is a "favorite." I don't see it. I have not seen the judges gushing over her. They have been pretty critical of her actually.
    Prominent, significant comments have been made concerning Kelly's "growth" throughout the season both by the judges and the message board fans. The fans on here, especially, have noted repeatedly how different and more mature she is now than when she was on the Osborne reality show. Particularly at the beginning, people had difficulty believing it because the change was so tremendously remarkable.

    As for the judges, I do feel that she is at least a bit of a favorite when I compare how they note her faults to others' faults, especially some of them in the past. They praise her well and then rather off-handedly almost point out something she did wrong whereas when others have done things wrong, the judges have often figuratively ripped a piece off of them with harsh, sarcastic, or sometimes almost crude remarks.
    Although I do NOT condone that kind of judgment or treatment, I would have to say that in comparison, what Kelly receives is a bit preferential.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 11-10-2009 at 02:57 PM.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

    - John McMillan

  3. #203
    FORT Fan Peacheater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    316

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    If one carefully looks at what is behind the judge's comments, I think one can see that their comments are not about her dance performance or her dance ability. They are trying to build her self-esteem, something of a parental role in my opinion, but a necessary think to keep her fragile psyche in the game. I've heard nothing in the judges' commentary which tells me they are seeing her as an exception dancer, just nice words with a comforting intent. In fact, after her mother's brash remarks about tonight's guest singer, I think they were letting Kelly know they value her as a person and part of the DWTS family -- irrespective of her mother.

    In my opinion, Kelly has peaked as a ballroom dancer, and I don't expect additional noticeable growth during the next two weeks. She should be very proud of how far she has come, but she is not in the same league a a couple of other remaining dancers. She should celebrate her achievement and have fun as long as she can.

  4. #204
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,043

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3747173;
    If one carefully looks at what is behind the judge's comments, I think one can see that their comments are not about her dance performance or her dance ability. They are trying to build her self-esteem, something of a parental role in my opinion, but a necessary think to keep her fragile psyche in the game. I've heard nothing in the judges' commentary which tells me they are seeing her as an exception dancer, just nice words with a comforting intent. In fact, after her mother's brash remarks about tonight's guest singer, I think they were letting Kelly know they value her as a person and part of the DWTS family -- irrespective of her mother.

    In my opinion, Kelly has peaked as a ballroom dancer, and I don't expect additional noticeable growth during the next two weeks. She should be very proud of how far she has come, but she is not in the same league a a couple of other remaining dancers. She should celebrate her achievement and have fun as long as she can.


    She has noted that she comes from a strange family. Her father bit the head off a bat at a concert. I would call that bizarre. Although she may (and most likely does) have issues, she appears to be coping very well in spite of the family in which she was raised.
    She has said her family is a loving family, and she herself appears to be very affectionate.

    I agree that she has topped out. Although she seems well liked, she hasn't made it to the top of the major voter polls. When a star is consistently in the middle to the end, they usually are very lucky to make it to F4.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

    - John McMillan

  5. #205
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3747183;
    She has noted that she comes from a strange family. Her father bit the head off a bat at a concert. I would call that bizarre.
    For the record, a fan threw the bat on stage, Ozzy thought it was rubber and got into the spirit of things. It turned out to be real and he needed to go through a course of rabies shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3747127;
    I have not gotten any busy signals all season for anyone I have voted for.
    I tried voting for Aaron throughout the run of the show (I promised that I would) and didn't get through once - nothing but busy.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  6. #206
    Student of Life Tin Frizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    537

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Even though I don't like being part of an expirment and realizing my "personal" votes do not count, I voted for Kelly and Donny. Like them both more than anyone else. I guess it's their attitudes and willingness to try and learn that I like most about both of them.
    It's got to be love.

  7. #207
    FORT Fogey LuvThisStuf!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Luv this location!
    Posts
    837

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Frizzy;3747268;
    Even though I don't like being part of an expirment and realizing my "personal" votes do not count, I voted for Kelly and Donny. Like them both more than anyone else. I guess it's their attitudes and willingness to try and learn that I like most about both of them.
    Yes, they're my favorites as well and I wasn't expecting to like them so much in the beginning! Donny has really grown on me. In addition to being a great entertainer, I think he's grown as a dancer (Kym is an amazing choreographer), and they both come across as such likeable people. And Kelly is just a delight. She is so not a dancer, but has tried so hard over the past months.

    I don't usually vote until well into the season and have only started voting for Kelly recently. Is there a limit on # of votes per celebrity or # of votes to the show? Could I vote the max # of votes for Kelly and then start voting for Donny? I've never wanted to split my votes before.

  8. #208
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    As of right now, Vote #1 has Donny and Mya out in the lead, with Joanna in a distant fourth and Kelly in a somewhat comfortable third place. In their other voting polls asking what female won't make the finals, who shouldn't make the finals, and who was the least entertaining, Joanna scored first in all of those.

    DI has Joanna in the bottom, with Donny in a slight lead in 3rd over her. Tomorrow should be interesting. However, I'm still betting on Donny or Kelly leaving

  9. #209
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,675

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Sensing this kind of outcome, I sent all my online votes Joanna's way tonight. I'm not enough of a fan of any of the others to ignore the fact that she doesn't deserve to go home yet.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  10. #210
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

    Personally, I think a Joanna/Donny/Kelly finale would be more entertaining and competitive. I can't say I'd miss Joanna, but I'd rather Mya go than her. I don't know about the accuracy of DI this season, but Vote #1 has only gotten it wrong twice that I can recall (with Louie and Natalie).

    I gave all my votes to Donny. I'll be bummed if Kelly goes, but I just feel like fanbase wise he might have a better chance of beating the two girls in the finale. Assuming the judges haven't already given the trophy to Mya

    Normally this part of the season rushed right by. This week and next week are dragging on.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.