+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Does DI check for the online and text votes or just those that are called in? I don't recall that they've ever announced the vote total on this show before in terms of how many viewers voted, but it'd be interesting to get a more accurate picture of how well these sites really do.

It's not only his fan base, but he has all of a sudden come alive and gotten considerably better. That means that he is picking up votes from those folks who believe in voting on an improvement basis. When he shows such a great attitude and talks so positively about teamwork, he is also going to pick up a segment of the viewing audience.
    I'll say this about Michael-he is the reason that I love this show and what I feel it is all about. He's not a dancer by trade and has no experience. He's as far out of his element as Anna D. would be on the football field. That's why I like getting behind people like him because he's learning and trying and really having to try, and not having any exisiting experience.

ETA: When talking about the worst dancers, I would group Michael in that category. However, since their paso he and Anna have seemed to have had a breakthrough and it's shown. I wouldn't mind Michael sticking around. I don't think he will past tonight, but maybe that shock is going to happen.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-03-2009 at 05:17 PM.

I think Michael has been one of the most improved on the show. I hope he isn't leaving tonight.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3742337;
    Does DI check for the online and text votes or just those that are called in?
    I think they only count the votes that are called in they dont even account the judges scores
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3741958;
    Vote #1 almost restored my faith last week, until Louie was in the bottom 3 and ultimately got sent packing by the judges. This is the last week the judges get to decide who goes home, so anything can happen. For now, Vote #1 has a bottom 3 of Michael, Aaron, and Kelly (in that order), and their top 3 of Mya, Mark, and Donny. DialIdol only has Donny/Kym safe for now.
    I think votenumber1 is still pretty accurate. The thing is, I'm sure Louie was still getting a lot of fan votes or at least fan support as there seemed to be a lot of people having trouble getting there votes in for him (myself being one of them). I think, Louie probably had an incredibly large fanbase and the judges were afraid of him winning the whole thing, so with the scores being so spread in range because of the marathon and with his personal scores being so low, that was their perfect opportunity to get him into a dance off and eliminate him. I think his scores being so much lower that week are what contributed to him being in the bottom 3 and his elimination more than his actual fanbase.
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Vote Number has a bottom 2 of Aaron (in last) and Kelly, with Joanna in a distant third, Mya in second and Donny in first. Dial Idol, however, has Mya and Joanna predicted as being safe, but if I'm reading it right, Kelly and Aaron are still the bottom 2 by their predictions.

I'm so worried Aaron will somehow wind up being safe. He and Karina had the look of defeat this week and considering the judges gave the 'good job' and ignored pretty much everything about their dances, they seem to know he's good as gone. It'd be a surprise if he was safe, but I wouldn't be that surprised (disappointed, yes). Then sending home either fan favorite Kelly or one of the better dancers, Joanna or Mya, would give them their shocking boot. I think it's pretty much a given, as it has been for awhile, that the final 3 is going to be Mya, Joanna, and Donny. I don't know if I've ever considered a finale or season less suspenseful than this one.

Should Aaron make it through to next week, he's dancing the paso and tango, which might actually be good dances for him. If he made it to the final 3 along with Mya and Joanna (and over my two favorites) I'm tempted to vote for the kid out of spite because I don't want to see another "triplet" take the trophy for the 6th season in a row and I'm so over Mya. I may actually grow to like Karina again one day, and like Kym, I figure it'll be awhile after this season before she gets another contender.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3746967;
    Vote Number has a bottom 2 of Aaron (in last) and Kelly, with Joanna in a distant third, Mya in second and Donny in first. Dial Idol, however, has Mya and Joanna predicted as being safe, but if I'm reading it right, Kelly and Aaron are still the bottom 2 by their predictions.

I'm so worried Aaron will somehow wind up being safe. He and Karina had the look of defeat this week and considering the judges gave the 'good job' and ignored pretty much everything about their dances, they seem to know he's good as gone. It'd be a surprise if he was safe, but I wouldn't be that surprised (disappointed, yes). Then sending home either fan favorite Kelly or one of the better dancers, Joanna or Mya, would give them their shocking boot. I think it's pretty much a given, as it has been for awhile, that the final 3 is going to be Mya, Joanna, and Donny. I don't know if I've ever considered a finale or season less suspenseful than this one.

Should Aaron make it through to next week, he's dancing the paso and tango, which might actually be good dances for him. If he made it to the final 3 along with Mya and Joanna (and over my two favorites) I'm tempted to vote for the kid out of spite because I don't want to see another "triplet" take the trophy for the 6th season in a row and I'm so over Mya. I may actually grow to like Karina again one day, and like Kym, I figure it'll be awhile after this season before she gets another contender.

Is this the week that they go from the bottom 3 to the bottom 2?

Aaron is clearly at the bottom of both DI and Vote#1. Unless they are going for the big shocker, I don't see how Aaron is not going home tonight. Interestingly, Kelly is next to the bottom in both. However, Kelly IS a favorite of the show's ( I think producers, judges, audience's, and message boards' fans).

Interestingly, Mya is second in both polls which tells me that regardless of who the fans see as first, they don't see the professional - who is technically a fantastic dancer - as the winner of this contest at least at this time.
    It is my sincere hope that the judges take their clue from the fans.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3746993;
    However, Kelly IS a favorite of the show's ( I think producers, judges, audience's, and message boards' fans).
    I don't understand why people think Kelly is a "favorite." I don't see it. I have not seen the judges gushing over her. They have been pretty critical of her actually.

I hope Donny wins. Kelly is nice but she is not that good.

I was curious how the votes would pan out. I voted for Donnie on my home phone and cell at different times - during the show and after - and didnt have one busy signal. That has never happened to me before so I was concerned he wasn't getting many votes.

FORT Fanatic

I have not gotten any busy signals all season for anyone I have voted for.

+ Reply to Thread