+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Re: DialIdol Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

I was fiddling with the Dial Numbers and ways to combine with the judges, when BOTH WEEKS are included, I get this :

1 Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke
    2 Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani
    3 Lil' Kim & Derek Hough
    4 Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska
    5 Holly Madison & Dmitry Chaplin
    6 Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas
    7 Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough
    8 Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff
    9 Denise Richards & Maksim Chmerkovskiy
    10 David Alan Grier & Kym Johnson
    11 Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower
    12 Steve-O & Lacey Schwimmer
    13 Belinda Carlisle & Jonathan Roberts

Gilles did poorly in Dialidol the first week, but was on top the second, some other differences, too. Bottom line, I do not understand how Woz would be bottom 2.

Quote Originally Posted by bigedlb;3388508;
    Gilles did poorly in Dialidol the first week, but was on top the second, some other differences, too. Bottom line, I do not understand how Woz would be bottom 2.
    That's the judges' scores kicking in. He had the lowest combined judges' score by far. (Well Steve-O's were almost as bad)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

So you should take into consideration dialidol, judges scores, and internet votes. Anything else? What percentage do the judges scores count? It would be so much easier to calculate dialidol if you knew the percentages for the judges scores and internet votes. Does the internet vote show how many votes for each contestant like a survey...total number of votes and votes per person?
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

FORT Fogey

No, I've never seen a tally after internet voting.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by illusions;3388534;
    So you should take into consideration dialidol, judges scores, and internet votes. Anything else? What percentage do the judges scores count? It would be so much easier to calculate dialidol if you knew the percentages for the judges scores and internet votes. Does the internet vote show how many votes for each contestant like a survey...total number of votes and votes per person?
    The audience voting (this is a combo of phone, text and Internet votes) counts for 50% and the judges scores count for 50%. In the dance off the original scores from the judges are wiped clean and they then combine the new judges scores with the audience votes.

FORT Fogey

Gilles did poorly in Dialidol the first week, but was on top the second, some other differences, too. Bottom line, I do not understand how Woz would be bottom 2.[/QUOTE]

I thought that the bottom two weren't necessarily the "real" bottom two vote getters? Just the one that leaves was? Don't they say "in jeopardy of leaving" or something vs. AI that says "bottom two"? I don't remember exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3388558;
    The audience voting (this is a combo of phone, text and Internet votes) counts for 50% and the judges scores count for 50%. In the dance off the original scores from the judges are wiped clean and they then combine the new judges scores with the audience votes.
    50% for the judges? Wow. I didn't realize that. Talk about them having a huge say in influencing the voters. You think? I guess I had the AI judges on my mind and they don't count except for their critiques in trying to sway the votes.
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

FORT Newbie

You might be interested in pulling up the DialIdol webpage and checking the FAQ. It includes a description of how you become a DialIdol voter -- downloading their software into your computer, etc.

Here's just one question answered in the FAQ -- "Is DialIdol scientific?"

"No, no way, no how and because DialIdol is not scientific it's results are for entertainment purposes only!
    DialIdol's predictions are based on measures of the busy signal, not actual votes. There are known problems with measuring the busy signal.
    If you want to know who is going to get voted off the only way to know for sure is by watching the results show.
    Scientific polls go so much further beyond what DialIdol is capable of it's not even funny. Scientific polls would measure text message votes. Scientific polls would consider some/all of the following different things: geography, age, sex, weight, population, race, financial position, etc. A scientific poll would only include specific results from a small pool of people that represented the larger pool of people voting - DialIdol includes everything."

FORT Newbie

It's for two reasons, one being Dialidol is not always correct....you can't go by it. Second, on line, text, and phone voting figures are not included, which is the reason you can't go by Dialidol.

Quote Originally Posted by bigedlb;3388508;
    I was fiddling with the Dial Numbers and ways to combine with the judges, when BOTH WEEKS are included, I get this :

1 Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke
    2 Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani
    3 Lil' Kim & Derek Hough
    4 Lawrence Taylor & Edyta Sliwinska
    5 Holly Madison & Dmitry Chaplin
    6 Shawn Johnson & Mark Ballas
    7 Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough
    8 Steve Wozniak & Karina Smirnoff
    9 Denise Richards & Maksim Chmerkovskiy
    10 David Alan Grier & Kym Johnson
    11 Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower
    12 Steve-O & Lacey Schwimmer
    13 Belinda Carlisle & Jonathan Roberts

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised Lawrence is predicted as 4th, but football players do seem to have huge fanbases.

+ Reply to Thread