+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DialIdol & Fan Poll Discussion for DWTS **POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3737275;
    Oh please let Aaron be the bottom vote getter and have there be no way the judges can save him , and have Melissa and Michael face off in the dance off. That would be my dream scenario.
    Mine too. With him being in the bottom 2 the last 2 weeks (the official bottom 2) it'd be amazing he'd escape elimination. And Michael hasn't been in the bottom 2, though I'd be willing to bet he's been in jeopardy. Unless the couples Tom mentioned in jeopardy really were DI was right on Natalie last week () but wrong on Aaron at least. So there is the potential they could be wrong again. Besides, Natalie didn't score that high on vote #1 like she had previous weeks. The only thing that would save Aaron is a DO against Michael, Melissa, Louie, or Kelly. I could actually be content with Melissa going home, but I just want Aaron gone. Especially with all the favoritism and overinflated scores aimed at certain couples this week, I just want that to backfire in their faces. I'll actually just find it funny for Aaron to be in the bottom 2 yet again. Would that be a record for someone to survive elimination even though the fans want you gone 3 weeks in a row?

Mark has now passed Donny on vote #1, but they're all still the top 4. I guess it will also come down to who does the best KO dance. Because that's solely what the judges have to base their decision on. I know Aaron and Louie are each doing the jive, Mark is doing the cha cha, Joanna and Melissa the salsa I believe. I don't know about the rest. So I'll be wondering should somewhat give a decent performance but another couple give a better one, yet screw up somewhere in it, will that penalize them?
    Last edited by karalott; 10-27-2009 at 04:43 AM.

DI still has Donny and Aaron as safe, with everyone else too close to call.

Vote #1 predicts Michael and Melissa being the ones in danger of being voted off, with an outside chance of Aaron (yay!) and Kelly (boo!) Their poll indicates Michael has the lowest number of votes, with Melissa and Aaron in the bottom 3. Michael has been in danger with that site before being voted off, and here he stays. They predicted Melissa last week as being in danger and she wasn't even in the bottom 2. At any rate, I just hope we lose Aaron tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3737522;
    DI still has Donny and Aaron as safe, with everyone else too close to call.

Vote #1 predicts Michael and Melissa being the ones in danger of being voted off, with an outside chance of Aaron (yay!) and Kelly (boo!) Their poll indicates Michael has the lowest number of votes, with Melissa and Aaron in the bottom 3. Michael has been in danger with that site before being voted off, and here he stays. They predicted Melissa last week as being in danger and she wasn't even in the bottom 2. At any rate, I just hope we lose Aaron tonight.
    I am thinking all else being equal, we will see Michael and Melissa go home tonight. If the polls are correct, neither will survive in a dance off against Aaron - so those will be the two going home. Realistically, based on past dancing, neither one of them will survive in a dance off with Kelly either. And it appears that Louie's numbers are off the charts - so I would figure he is safe. So I'm going to say Michael and Melissa this week. I have no idea for next week - but I think next week there will be a surprise.

Vote #1 almost restored my faith last week, until Louie was in the bottom 3 and ultimately got sent packing by the judges. This is the last week the judges get to decide who goes home, so anything can happen. For now, Vote #1 has a bottom 3 of Michael, Aaron, and Kelly (in that order), and their top 3 of Mya, Mark, and Donny. DialIdol only has Donny/Kym safe for now.

It will be interesting if it came down to a dance off between Aaron and Kelly. Kelly is a bigger fan favorite, but some would probably say Aaron is a better dancer with a polarizing personality and a polarizing partner. The judges seem to really enjoy Kelly, so would they send someone home that more seem to enjoy over keeping a better dancer? There's always hope weasel boy can completely flop. And if they're doing the same KO dances, he has the jive. Given his scores tonight, and what I thought was a somewhat less than stellar performance, he could go out tomorrow and have it all blow up in his face. I think this is it for Michael. Mya and Joanna are as good as safe.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3741958;
    Vote #1 almost restored my faith last week, until Louie was in the bottom 3 and ultimately got sent packing by the judges. This is the last week the judges get to decide who goes home, so anything can happen. For now, Vote #1 has a bottom 3 of Michael, Aaron, and Kelly (in that order), and their top 3 of Mya, Mark, and Donny. DialIdol only has Donny/Kym safe for now.

It will be interesting if it came down to a dance off between Aaron and Kelly. Kelly is a bigger fan favorite, but some would probably say Aaron is a better dancer with a polarizing personality and a polarizing partner. The judges seem to really enjoy Kelly, so would they send someone home that more seem to enjoy over keeping a better dancer? There's always hope weasel boy can completely flop. And if they're doing the same KO dances, he has the jive. Given his scores tonight, and what I thought was a somewhat less than stellar performance, he could go out tomorrow and have it all blow up in his face. I think this is it for Michael. Mya and Joanna are as good as safe.

DialIdol is extremely interesting this week. If DI predicts anywhere near like it did last week, then we will have an eye opener indeed because the last three are : Kelly, Joanna, and Mya. (Yes, Mya is dead last....) Also, the scores are not particularly all that close either. That are several points between each one.

Michael is way up in the pack. Although Mark does not look precariously low, he did have poor judges' scores, so I suspect he will at least be in the bottom 3 and maybe in the dance-off.
    Kelly is a favorite, but it was obvious in her rehearsal clip that she is feeling the stress in a very unhealthy way. However, she has already been in the bottom 2, so unless they really think it may be time for her to go, I don't know whether they will put her in the bottom 3 or the dance off.

Aaron was on the money last night, and he has been in the bottom two twice already, so I don't think he will automatically be there.

JoAnn or Mya in the bottom three would be a shock. Of course, unless they dance against each other, either one of them will beat out someone else in a knock out face-off.

Is it time for the season's be shocking elimination??

It will be interesting to see what happens tonight!! I think it is a producer's strategy, myself.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fanatic

The Dial Idol results are very interesting this week. Could we actually get rid of Mya?

I want Aaron to go. Mya can go next week, and Joanna the following week

Vote #1 has Mya and Mark in 1st and 2nd, yet they say there's an outside chance of Mark being eliminated Their predictions for the bottom 3 are Kelly, Michael, and Aaron. If Mya and Joanna face off in the DO against anyone but each other, why bother, the judges will save them. Personally, I think in a DO between those 2 Joanna/Derek would get saved.

I guess Joanna or Mya being in the bottom 2 would be a bigger shocker, but God forbid that'll justify them making this DO a permanant thing and going every week from the beginning to the semis.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3742239;
    I want Aaron to go. Mya can go next week, and Joanna the following week

Vote #1 has Mya and Mark in 1st and 2nd, yet they say there's an outside chance of Mark being eliminated Their predictions for the bottom 3 are Kelly, Michael, and Aaron. If Mya and Joanna face off in the DO against anyone but each other, why bother, the judges will save them. Personally, I think in a DO between those 2 Joanna/Derek would get saved.

I guess Joanna or Mya being in the bottom 2 would be a bigger shocker, but God forbid that'll justify them making this DO a permanant thing and going every week from the beginning to the semis.
    Although Vote#1 in past seasons has been correct, it has not been as accurate this season. While it is showing Mya up at the top, Dial Idol ( sometimes accurate and sometimes not) is showing Mya dead last at the bottom by several points. While Dial Idol can be off, it is at least attempting to measure actual voting while Vote#1 is a poll only and does not represent any actual cast votes. ( I vote on Vote#1 even when I don't go online and vote).

I very highly suspect that Mya ACTUALLY came in around the bottom last night. Will we see her in the bottom 2? That is another matter altogether. They have several that have been in the bottom 2 already who had lesser judges' scores than Mya. It would be accurate to put her into the the bottom 2, but then she has to dance off against that person, and there is zero suspense in that unless the other person is Joanna or possibly Donnie. However, while Joanna was next to the bottom with Mya on DI, Donnie was by himself up at the top. I would be surprised to see Donnie in the bottom 3.

- John McMillan

Vote #1 has actually been pretty accurate up until Natalie and Louie's elimination. They had them as clear favorites and they got booted. I would think if it was between those 3 girls, Kelly would probably get booted before the DO because as you said, where's the suspense in having her DO against Joanna or Mya? I can't say I'd be sorry if Joanna or Mya was eliminated, but I'd much rather have Aaron go first. Personally, I think Michael just needs to get sent packing. That NFL fanbase is bigger than I thought

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3742258;
    Vote #1 has actually been pretty accurate up until Natalie and Louie's elimination. They had them as clear favorites and they got booted. I would think if it was between those 3 girls, Kelly would probably get booted before the DO because as you said, where's the suspense in having her DO against Joanna or Mya? I can't say I'd be sorry if Joanna or Mya was eliminated, but I'd much rather have Aaron go first. Personally, I think Michael just needs to get sent packing. That NFL fanbase is bigger than I thought
    It's not only his fan base, but he has all of a sudden come alive and gotten considerably better. That means that he is picking up votes from those folks who believe in voting on an improvement basis. When he shows such a great attitude and talks so positively about teamwork, he is also going to pick up a segment of the viewing audience.

- John McMillan

+ Reply to Thread